Crashes all over town

Re: Crashes all over town

Postby zerograv » Nov 10th, 2017, 2:43 pm

Sparki55 wrote:Lol thanks for explaining what I knew about gravel roads, the title of this thread is crashes around town. I don't know of many roads in town which are gravel.

I grabbed the image off an image search and didn't read the article. I'm well versed enough in physics to understand it.

My point stands for pavement, ABS will significantly reduce sliding distance on slippery surfaces becasue it will hold a higher coefficient of friction, i.e. the road is more sticky

We know you are well versed in the physics, you keep telling us you are [icon_lol2.gif]

If you actually READ, paying special attention to the parts I highlighted in red, you'd notice where it says loose gravel or snow-covered surfaces.....

Maybe you should actually read the article where the picture you stole comes from, it's real world science proving exactly opposite of what you are stating. To try to use a graph from someone else's thesis and try to use it to prove the OPPOSITE is asinine.
Before giving someone a piece of your mind, make sure that you have enough to spare.

Sparki55 likes this post.
zerograv
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby Bman » Nov 10th, 2017, 3:31 pm

Ones knowledge of grade 11 physics does little to compensate for the lack of understanding of the composition of winter tires.

Nor is the value of an autommobile a function of its ability to maneuver on winter roads.

Imo the roads would be a ton safer if peeps understood that.
Is the world getting stupider, or is it just getting easier for stupid people to have their thoughts heard?

3 people like this post.
Bman
Mindquad

Liked in: 8110 posts

Postby WalterWhite » Nov 10th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Normally right about now I’d say quit the squabbling and let’s just all meet at Orchard Park parking lot Sunday evening and give these theories/vehicles a good workout. However, it’s apparently a fineable offense with at least one cop who cited drivers “just out fer a rip” with their buds one snowy evening a few years back. Too bad - always good fun and a great way to get the winter “feel” back for driving conditions. Well, that and the fact a good portion of it likely melted away today :)

2 people like this post.
WalterWhite
Übergod

Liked in: 1235 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Nov 10th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Bman wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:Lol thanks for explaining what I knew about gravel roads, the title of this thread is crashes around town. I don't know of many roads in town which are gravel.

I grabbed the image off an image search and didn't read the article. I'm well versed enough in physics to understand it.

My point stands for pavement, ABS will significantly reduce sliding distance on slippery surfaces becasue it will hold a higher coefficient of friction, i.e. the road is more sticky

I still contest your original claim of abs on your crap tires vs non abs on good winters.
I challenge you to prove your claim.

We would enter a never ending squabble over coefficients of friction. Wet vs dry, static vs kinetic, good tire vs poor. The coefficient of friction is something thats best tested physically and it never searchable online
Sparki55
Fledgling

Liked in: 160 posts

Postby Bman » Nov 10th, 2017, 4:47 pm

Sparki55 wrote: I'm well versed enough in physics to understand it.

We would enter a never ending squabble over coefficients of friction. Wet vs dry, static vs kinetic, good tire vs poor. The coefficient of friction is something thats best tested physically and it never searchable online

And here I was certain you were going to make an effort to prove your claim.
Nice try on a deke tho.
Is the world getting stupider, or is it just getting easier for stupid people to have their thoughts heard?
Bman
Mindquad

Liked in: 8110 posts

Postby ferri » Nov 10th, 2017, 6:27 pm

:-X :topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 7795 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Nov 10th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Another thread sliding out of control, heading towards a fiery crash thus
testing the coefficient drag of ferri's control over the forces that momentum,
and snow-ball conditions have applied to the mass vs weight X speed to
which old and new technologies...collide....

:130:
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

4 people like this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 1424 posts

Postby ferri » Nov 10th, 2017, 6:38 pm

I'm actually going to lock this thread until the next Storm of the Century. :)
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson

2 people like this post.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 7795 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan