Chased Down for Waving

saskbc2006

Chased Down for Waving

Post by saskbc2006 »

Seriously......9 cops to arrest one woman? What is wrong with our RCMP when they feel the need to put on a such a gross display of authority in downtown Kelowna. Our police system is there to serve and protect, not entertain others with their bright blue and red flashing lights for everyone to notice and for them to say "look at us do our job!"
This is just one more example of our mentors putting their resources and priorities in the wrong place. Such a waste.
If only they could spend their time better by writing more distracted driving tickets, (preferably to themselves) for driving down the street with their eyes glued to their computer screen on their center console
Display Guy

Re: Chased Down for Waving

Post by Display Guy »

Well I am not surprised that The driver of this white Hummer was involved in road rage! My wife and I were driving south bound on Spall road and turned left onto Harvey Ave heading towards Orchard Park Mall. The lanes were empty as i signaled and moved from the inside lane to the middle lane and again to the HOV lane. Suddenly we were side swiped on the drivers side and almost forced off the road into the shoulder by the same Hummer. The hummer burned a massive black wheel mark into the side of my vehicle and broke the side mirror. Karen the driver obviously did this action on purpose and sped off trying to hit and run.
We chased after her Hummer as she was recklessly sped away trying to pick a lane that had no traffic in it up ahead at the red light at Cooper. Luckily for us the only lane open was the left turn lane and she attempted to run the red light but was blocked by a City bus driving through the intersection on the Green. That allowed us to catch up and get behind her Hummer to get a license plate to call the RCMP with. She pulled into a parking lot and we pulled in behind her, she was outside her vehicle behaving like she was under the influence. We told her that we called the police and told her her to wait for them but she refused and drove off again. The police pulled her vehicle over shortly after and she tried to give them some ridiculous story claiming innocence! ICBC charged her for all damage but the RCMP dropped the ball by not charging her with Hit and Run because she eventually stopped after we chased her. Her behaviour that night was dangerous and after reading on Castanet about her latest incident I’m not surprised it was her, we actually told family and friends it must be her before Castanet publized her name.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

saskbc2006 wrote:Seriously......9 cops to arrest one woman? What is wrong with our RCMP when they feel the need to put on a such a gross display of authority in downtown Kelowna. Our police system is there to serve and protect, not entertain others with their bright blue and red flashing lights for everyone to notice and for them to say "look at us do our job!"
This is just one more example of our mentors putting their resources and priorities in the wrong place. Such a waste.
If only they could spend their time better by writing more distracted driving tickets, (preferably to themselves) for driving down the street with their eyes glued to their computer screen on their center console

Link to story:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-waving

Did you read the actual account of the incident? Sorry to burst your cop-hating-bubble, but it was stated police received a call of the Hummer driver brandishing a gun - appropriate response was given until deemed otherwise.

RCMP Cpl. Jesse O’Donaghey said police were told a female driver of a white Hummer pulled alongside another vehicle, “reportedly yelled at the two occupants of that vehicle and brandished what they believed to be a weapon before driving away.”

Given the above account of a previous run-in another driver had with apparently the same vehicle and driver - it's too bad she was even permitted back behind the wheel. Sounds like just another "K-Town diva". This town's really starting to go down the *bleep* thanks to these types. The fact she's piloting a Hummer is just icing on the cake.
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

Display Guy wrote:Well I am not surprised that The driver of this white Hummer was involved in road rage! My wife and I were driving south bound on Spall road and turned left onto Harvey Ave heading towards Orchard Park Mall. The lanes were empty as i signaled and moved from the inside lane to the middle lane and again to the HOV lane. Suddenly we were side swiped on the drivers side and almost forced off the road into the shoulder by the same Hummer. The hummer burned a massive black wheel mark into the side of my vehicle and broke the side mirror. Karen the driver obviously did this action on purpose and sped off trying to hit and run.
We chased after her Hummer as she was recklessly sped away trying to pick a lane that had no traffic in it up ahead at the red light at Cooper. Luckily for us the only lane open was the left turn lane and she attempted to run the red light but was blocked by a City bus driving through the intersection on the Green. That allowed us to catch up and get behind her Hummer to get a license plate to call the RCMP with. She pulled into a parking lot and we pulled in behind her, she was outside her vehicle behaving like she was under the influence. We told her that we called the police and told her her to wait for them but she refused and drove off again. The police pulled her vehicle over shortly after and she tried to give them some ridiculous story claiming innocence! ICBC charged her for all damage but the RCMP dropped the ball by not charging her with Hit and Run because she eventually stopped after we chased her. Her behaviour that night was dangerous and after reading on Castanet about her latest incident I’m not surprised it was her, we actually told family and friends it must be her before Castanet publized her name.

Funny you would say that,
I had an encounter with a female in a pos hummer a couple years back on hwy 33,I didnt see her face clearly but the vehicle looks identical. I was diving up 33 and accelerated ahead to get into the right lane,she didnt seem to like that and came around me and proceeded to cut me off severly and had to hit the brakes.Luckly my turn was next and left her to go about her way
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
Display Guy

Post by Display Guy »

Funny you would say that,
I had an encounter with a female in a *bleep* hummer a couple years back on hwy 33,I didnt see her face clearly but the vehicle looks identical. I was diving up 33 and accelerated ahead to get into the right lane,she didnt seem to like that and came around me and proceeded to cut me off severly and had to hit the brakes.Luckly my turn was next and left her to go about her way”

I’m not surprised to hear your story either! I would bet that lots of people have had similar run ins with this exact white Hummer driven by this exact same female. I would love to hear from her latest victims and their story on everything that happened that night on Bernard. I bet you she was not the same calm mild mannered female as she appeared in her Castanet video interview.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

I wonder what the police do now with the people (so-called victims) that called in the "threatened with a gun"? Imagine all of the damage one can do now to ANYONE by calling in a "what I think was a gun" complaint.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

WalterWhite wrote:Sounds like just another "K-Town diva". This town's really starting to go down the *bleep* thanks to these types. The fact she's piloting a Hummer is just icing on the cake.

Just another Kelowna tramp.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
saskbc2006

Post by saskbc2006 »

lesliepaul wrote:I wonder what the police do now with the people (so-called victims) that called in the "threatened with a gun"? Imagine all of the damage one can do now to ANYONE by calling in a "what I think was a gun" complaint.

My thoughts exactly!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lesliepaul wrote:I wonder what the police do now with the people (so-called victims) that called in the "threatened with a gun"? Imagine all of the damage one can do now to ANYONE by calling in a "what I think was a gun" complaint.

Situations like this have been in the news before and warnings given to the public about even waving around toy guns. The police won't be doing anything different next time and there will be a next time. Why this comes as a surprise to anyone is a mystery and the title of this thread shows the lack of understanding.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

If someone is reported to be flashing a weapon (nutcase)in some road rage or even in frustration, they need to be dealt with.
With the idea that this person had a gun, it's not a stretch to think they'd try to recklessly escape with a 5500lbs+ vehicle in the clutter :cuss: of downtown.
Not an overreaction by the cops as far as I'm concerned.
saskbc2006

Post by saskbc2006 »

WalterWhite wrote:
saskbc2006 wrote:Seriously......9 cops to arrest one woman? What is wrong with our RCMP when they feel the need to put on a such a gross display of authority in downtown Kelowna. Our police system is there to serve and protect, not entertain others with their bright blue and red flashing lights for everyone to notice and for them to say "look at us do our job!"

Link to story:
https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... for-waving

Did you read the actual account of the incident? Sorry to burst your cop-hating-bubble, but it was stated police received a call of the Hummer driver brandishing a gun - appropriate response was given until deemed otherwise.

RCMP Cpl. Jesse O’Donaghey said police were told a female driver of a white Hummer pulled alongside another vehicle, “reportedly yelled at the two occupants of that vehicle and brandished what they believed to be a weapon before driving away.”

Given the above account of a previous run-in another driver had with apparently the same vehicle and driver - it's too bad she was even permitted back behind the wheel. Sounds like just another "K-Town diva". This town's really starting to go down the *bleep* thanks to these types. The fact she's piloting a Hummer is just icing on the cake.

In fact I did read the article......you are missing the point......9 cops to do what one or two could have done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

saskbc2006 wrote:In fact I did read the article......you are missing the point......9 cops to do what one or two could have done?

The police aren't going to send one vehicle for a possible weapons complaint. I think you are more than missing the point. There was another incident in Salmon Arm this summer where plainclothes and uniformed officers responded to someone waving around a gun in a vehicle. Turned out to be a toy but there is no way of knowing until the suspect is contained. In this current case there was nothing but one doesn't make assumptions until the complaint is investigated.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I imagine showing up with a large display just takes any hope away from the threat. Crazy people can be like animals if they see even the slightest opportunity out, they'll take it.
Gisley

Post by Gisley »

While no direct contact with this person or vehicle, I too have witnessed erratic late-night behaviour from the same person/vehicle. Now, when we see this vehicle we stay as far away as we can. I was there are Bernard watching this go down and myself and partner were shocked when they took off the handcuffs and let her drive away. I would say she got lucky this time but, based on this thread, it's not the first time!
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

She's a wacko I've had an encounter with her before, also she hangs with the druggies

Return to “Central Okanagan”