Chased Down for Waving

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Re: Chased Down for Waving

Post by TreeGuy »

If two cops showed up to this call and this lady pulled out a shot gun and innocent bystanders were caught in the crossfire the police bashers would be asking why there wasn’t more cops on the scene.

You’ve got a person in a hummer potentially armed in a busy downtown area, I’d say our police force did their job. There are too many stories in the news these days of guns being pulled and the situations going in either direction.

We don’t live in Mayberry anymore.

Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

saskbc2006 wrote:Seriously......9 cops to arrest one woman? What is wrong with our RCMP when they feel the need to put on a such a gross display of authority in downtown Kelowna. Our police system is there to serve and protect, not entertain others with their bright blue and red flashing lights for everyone to notice and for them to say "look at us do our job!"
This is just one more example of our mentors putting their resources and priorities in the wrong place. Such a waste.
If only they could spend their time better by writing more distracted driving tickets, (preferably to themselves) for driving down the street with their eyes glued to their computer screen on their center console

Terrible post with a terrible opinion.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I just think it's an opinion not based on facts nor is it based on what our police force is responsible for on a day to day basis.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:She's a wacko I've had an encounter with her before, also she hangs with the druggies

Hummer = classic dealer-mobile.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Fancy wrote:
lesliepaul wrote:I wonder what the police do now with the people (so-called victims) that called in the "threatened with a gun"? Imagine all of the damage one can do now to ANYONE by calling in a "what I think was a gun" complaint.

Situations like this have been in the news before and warnings given to the public about even waving around toy guns. The police won't be doing anything different next time and there will be a next time. Why this comes as a surprise to anyone is a mystery and the title of this thread shows the lack of understanding.

There would appear to be an epidemic here, of individuals with an axe to grind, purposely selecting misleading topic titles that omit crucial aspects, thus making the story seem something other than what it really is.

This one should have read "Chased down for waving weapon" given that's the complaint the RCMP responded to, but that would have robbed the OP of the reason to post, which is little more than an RCMP bashing opportunity.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Old Techie wrote:
There would appear to be an epidemic here, of individuals with an axe to grind, purposely selecting misleading topic titles that omit crucial aspects, thus making the story seem something other than what it really is.

This one should have read "Chased down for waving weapon" given that's the complaint the RCMP responded to, but that would have robbed the OP of the reason to post, which is little more than an RCMP bashing opportunity.

To be fair, "Chased Down For Waving" was the title of the Castanet article on this, once they had the information from police. Though that's pretty lame too.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The title was changed. The original title was "Kelowna road rage".

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=ca
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

JayByrd wrote:
Old Techie wrote:

To be fair, "Chased Down For Waving" was the title of the Castanet article on this, once they had the information from police. Though that's pretty lame too.

Castanet is notorious for misleading news story titles, or opting for one that could have multiple meanings when a better choice was available.

Seems to be all about sensationalism these days.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Fancy wrote:The title was changed. The original title was "Kelowna road rage".

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=ca

Thanks.

I wasn't aware of that, though it doesn't really change my opinion, on what I witness here multiple times on a daily basis.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:She's a wacko I've had an encounter with her before, also she hangs with the druggies

yup, and that says it all, safe bet she ends up dead in the news some day,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lightspeed wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:Sounds like just another "K-Town diva". This town's really starting to go down the *bleep* thanks to these types. The fact she's piloting a Hummer is just icing on the cake.

Just another Kelowna tramp.
, sure sounds like it, they are a dime a dozen in this town
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 15th, 2017, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Somebody mentions a gun to police = strong response not to take any chances.

I'm dumbfounded why you'd think police should behave any differently
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 15th, 2017, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to off topic post.
Display Guy

Re: Chased Down for Acting like a *bleep* driver!

Post by Display Guy »

Well, Well, Well!
It looks like *removed* is showing her true personality now in comments about her driving. Looks like lots of people are commenting about previous road rage incidents with her.
I quickly screen shot some comments as they were being deleted from Castanets Facebook news story!
Last edited by ferri on Nov 15th, 2017, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Name removed

Return to “Central Okanagan”