Flying with autism

Veovis
Guru

Flying with autism

Post by Veovis »

A very interesting program. I know there is much more to do with this program than the standard waiting in line with a checklist, but after dealing with spectrum individuals myself this is a great idea, I hadn't heard of it previously but certainly want to give a shout out to the program.

The simple basic summary article shows some great points of what is planed to make the experience one that can be tolerated by someone on the spectrum. Especially since I think most can agree, the average individual finds it frustrating to start with.

Review their site and it does define the advances we have made in ASD over the years from "that weird kid" to "that understood kid" (if only this much better understood)

Thanks for posting the article castanet, hope they have a temporary dedicated line at the airport for it for the time it takes to help others.

article

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ith-autism
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Flying with autism

Post by Queen K »

Impressive.

I wonder how many individuals and families out there would not know about this program if castanet didn't publish the story.

I certainly had no idea.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Great program. My son is on the spectrum and will do very well with this.

FYI there is a local association who also included this in their communication so it was more than just Castanet. Lisa, who coordinates all of this is the most wonderful human being and a God send for families.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Awesome to hear!

I was involved with similar programs when I worked for a large leisure airline in Europe - not just autistic kids, but kids and adults in various programs and those who just st had a general fear of flying and travelling.

Nice to hear we have a similar program available to groups here :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

Return to “Central Okanagan”