How do you spell dumb?

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: How do you spell dumb?

Post by Fancy »

voice of reason wrote:this is totally an inside job . someone knew that it was in there.

I'm thinking the same.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 16th, 2017, 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
ken531a
Fledgling

Post by ken531a »

putting assets in to gold and silver and hiding in storage not a bank sounds like a divorces or bussness scam. someone tracked it down and got even.
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Post by kgcayenne »

Bman wrote:don't buy his two day response time.

The article is so vague where that is concerned, if the owner were out of town, then it would be reasonable for there to be a delay. Unless, of course, he's got the one-up on teleportation.

I believe a number of paranoid people with money might be concerned about global instability and be converting their liquid assets into gold. The US has emptied the gold reserves and when other countries decide to call-in their gold, all hell is going to break loose.

Two kinds of people buy super-spendy statues: wealthy people who have made it to the top of the financial pyramid, and people who want to pretend they're at the top of that financial pyramid. It would not at all surprise me if someone pointed out that those on the periphery of organized crime fit mostly into the latter category; they might also convert their liquid capital into something like gold.

Either way, it was likely inside job; someone would have to have known.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

I doubt it's insurance thing simply because I doubt you can take out such a policy without paying through your nose for it. They know how easy it is to break into a storage facility, they're not dumb. Besides, even if you could take out such a policy, it would be cheaper to rent a safety deposit box where it's virtually impossible to steal from.

I have some gold bullions we bought just for kicks, and they're sitting in a bank deposit box. Never have worry about. I don't think I'd store anything of value in a place where anybody (almost) can walk up to it, knock off a cheap lock, and simply take it.

And another thing - the sculpture value is not obvious. Whoever took it knew the worth of it. If it was just petty thieves they'd take the gold, silver, coins and wouldn't even bother with art.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Even Steven wrote:And another thing - the sculpture value is not obvious. Whoever took it knew the worth of it. If it was just petty thieves they'd take the gold, silver, coins and wouldn't even bother with art.

Eye of the Flame was designed by Frederick Hart in 1986 and offered in a limited edition of 300 sculptures. Current value, depending on condition, range from $10K - $15K.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I don't believe you'd even have to know anything about art to want it. Even if you knew nothing about art, the artist or the value, anyone would recognize it as something to steal for sheer beauty.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”