Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Post by alanjh595 »

Catri wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:The homeowner had every right to shoot and kill both of them in his garage.

No, he didn't. Canadian law allows you to use reasonable force to defend yourself and your property. From the article you posted:
"If you had a reasonable belief this person will hurt you, then you can justify killing them," he says, but adds you would have to be in a situation where "if you don't do something you're going to be hurt or killed."
A petty thief rummaging around in your garage doesn't put you in a situation where you're in imminent danger of being hurt, much less killed, even if the thief is armed with pepper spray. Legalities aside, in my opinion it's immoral to even suggest that it's okay to take a human life over property crime. In a case where someone is attacking you and you genuinely think your life is threatened, that's a different story...but for a few power tools and a car cover? No.

That petty thief was carrying an offensive weapon. Bear spray. Even a replica gun is cause enough to shoot.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so if i catch someone breaking into my home in the middle of the night , i am to--assume-- its just a petty thief and hope for the best :200: , i think not
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

the truth wrote:so if i catch someone breaking into my home in the middle of the night , i am to--assume-- its just a petty thief and hope for the best :200: , i think not

Yes. Remember the innocent people who are beaten by intruders so badly they will never recover. They should have been able to feel safe in THEIR home. Not safe to assume the same won't happen to you.

If the laws, lawyers, cops, Judges, whoever won't stand up for the victims, and only stand up for the criminals (would hate to violate any of THEIR rights), then we have no choice but to stand up for ourselves.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

"That guy that broke into my house is laying down at the corner, looks he stole more lead than he could run away with"
Black Dogs Matter
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Catri wrote: A petty thief rummaging around in your garage doesn't put you in a situation where you're in imminent danger of being hurt, much less killed, even if the thief is armed with pepper spray.

The guy was carrying bear spray - that's an illegal weapon.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Morality amd legality all to hell. If there's someone on my property who has gained access to a locked building, he knows he's wrong and I view him/ her/it as a threat and will deal with it according to how I see fit.
They will get hurt, if they escalate the violence I will kill them.
If they want to go to the authorities to explain how they got hurt by falling down in the dark during the commission of an offense, that's up to them.
If I want to go to the authorities to explain how they died while attacking me while trespassing in my locked buildings, that's up to me.
The dumbed down me generation is welcome to submit to them and coddle and feel sorry for them.
I won't.
That's the risk they take if they want to be criminals.
They do this kind of crap coz they know they'll get away with it. Society is all so candyass when it comes to protecting their property and their rights, and the govt plays their catch and release game to keep the tax fuelled wheels turning.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's the truth, this soft on crime leftwing cr :cuss: p makes me want to puke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

People make me laugh.
Where I come from nobody tolerated anyone breaking in to their premises. People who did that knew they'd disappear if they got caught at it, so nobody did it.
No doubt the police force appreciated it too.
This nanny society is laughable imo.

It's ok for our kids to drop out, it's ok for our kids to be on drugs, it's ok for our kids to be criminals, it's ok for our kids to waste their lives, it's ok for our kids to sponge off society forever.

A couple generations of that, and guess what happens.
Jesus. People. Wake up.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bman wrote:People make me laugh.
Where I come from nobody tolerated anyone breaking in to their premises. People who did that knew they'd disappear if they got caught at it, so nobody did it.
No doubt the police force appreciated it too.
This nanny society is laughable imo.

It's ok for our kids to drop out, it's ok for our kids to be on drugs, it's ok for our kids to be criminals, it's ok for our kids to waste their lives, it's ok for our kids to sponge off society forever.

A couple generations of that, and guess what happens.
Jesus. People. Wake up.

Self pity.
Reliance on everything.
Whiny snivelling attitude.
Entitlement.
Excuses galore.
Laziness.
Jealousy and resentment of others.
Me me me culture.

The list is endless but this is what has got people into this state.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It's really quite unfortunate, but govt has society exactly where they want them.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

:130:
Attachments
IMG_0681.JPG
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bman wrote:It's really quite unfortunate, but govt has society exactly where they want them.

To be independent, self reliant, hardworking, protective of self and others, willing to help others but not willing to help fools and idiots, are not traits broader society admires any more. The Marlboro man, the country man, the woodsman, the independent homesteaders. Settlers.Times gone by. Now people are addicted to home shopping, shopping channels, Amazon Prime. Green haired SJW's preach to the world via YouTube and millions watch, enthralled. Kids don't even know what gender they are anymore and the parents encourage this nonsense.

People are such needy, whining, soft, lazy, insecure, pliable creatures these days. People have to make time for fools and idiots, seeing as the vast majority of people are becoming simpletons they have no choice. Everything is dumbed down to the most simple "lowest common denominator". Caution, hot. Danger, slippery when wet.

Strange times...
Last edited by lightspeed on Nov 19th, 2017, 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bman wrote:It's really quite unfortunate, but govt has society exactly where they want them.

We should "go back" to a time when.....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_for_an_eye

this is why you pull the trigger first, family safety first always https://globalnews.ca/news/3869256/girl ... n-okotoks/

Return to “Central Okanagan”