Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

dle
Lord of the Board

Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Post by dle »

Nothing, and I really mean nothing, surprises me anymore about the crime in this (and other) cities. Basically, if you haven't been robbed, don't pat yourself on the back. It just hasn't been your turn yet. Seriously. It has nothing to do with you bubble-wrapping your life & locking your belongings in a steel vault, never going on the internet, never using a debit card, being uber careful etc etc....the thieves just haven't got around to YOU yet....but they will. And they will CONTINUE to steal from us until our damn governments grow a pair and stick up for the victims for a change instead of the crooks.

There isn't a crook alive who won't take advantage of an opportunity to have YOUR stuff so they can sit on their *bleep* and do nothing to earn their own stuff.

There also isn't a crook alive who doesn't laugh at the word "law" because we have none. None that count anyway.

If a law isn't followed up by a consequence that is serious enough to think about, that law might as well not exist so why does the goverment waste our money making them "laws".

Canada's legislative and judicial system is a joke in every way, shape & form and until we make noise about it to the right people, it will stay that way.

The ballot box is the only way to change what needs changing.

Which party is toughest on crime and willing to do the work the change the stupidity in our system? That's the one I'm voting for next. Really don't give a rat's patoot what else is on their platform. So....for me that means no more Liberal votes. They are all for the criminals and do nothing for the victims.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#211687
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Post by gman313 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 16th, 2017, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

these people only understand a bullet
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Thefts like this are drug related.
Professional thieves running their nefarious businesses for profit don't lurk around at night stealing borderline worthless stuff just coz they can.
They go where the money is.

Crimes like this are committed for money for the next hit of crack or meth.
We all whine when we fall victim to these losers, but until that happens, society prefers to coddle and nurture these losers and justify their behavior.

Since hard drug use is condoned by society and is rapidly becoming mainstream, expect this loser behavior to not only continue, but also escalate.

Just remember, we allowed this to happen.

I'd clock them with a bat if I caught them in my garage.
If the penalty wasn't so great, I'd prefer to shoot them.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

the truth wrote:these people only understand a bullet

That is antiquated and barbaric thinking. They must be coddled and protected. They must have their rights respected and be offered free legal representation. If held in custody they must have free medical and dental care and decent food, water and clothing. They must be offered free drug and alcohol counseling along with rehabilitation programs. On their release they must be helped to find housing and work and be supported.
When they reoffend we must reevaluate our programs to see where we failed these people and make improvements.
This is the modern and accepted way to deal with criminals again and again and again.
Black Dogs Matter
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Bman wrote:Thefts like this are drug related.
Professional thieves running their nefarious businesses for profit don't lurk around at night stealing borderline worthless stuff just coz they can.
They go where the money is.

Crimes like this are committed for money for the next hit of crack or meth.
We all whine when we fall victim to these losers, but until that happens, society prefers to coddle and nurture these losers and justify their behavior.

Since hard drug use is condoned by society and is rapidly becoming mainstream, expect this loser behavior to not only continue, but also escalate.

Just remember, we allowed this to happen.

problem is, in Canada, if you clocked them with the bat, which by the way sounds like a hell of a plan to me, YOU would be the one heading for the hoosegow because unlike the US, we don't have "stand your ground" laws so taking physical action to protect what's yours will go against you, not them....funny how that works eh? Even though these guys showed up with bear spray to use against the owners of the property they were trying to steal and wouldn't hesitate to use it against you if you even so much as yelled "hey" at them. Again, the laws will protect the criminal....
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

That's ok with me.
They'll have to prove I broke their leg in my garage with a bat.
It's their word and my word. I'm certain I can convince a judge to believe me when I tell them they fell in the dark in my cluttered garage.
It'll be more difficult explaining how they shot themselves in the leg with a .22 in my dark garage.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

If you are close enough to them to hit them and they are inside your property, and you feel threatened, you can "clock" them. Threat eliminated.
AND he was carrying "Bear Spray", an offensive weapon. In this case, it would be wiser to retreat, bear spray has a range of 12+ feet.

Let the courts figure out the rest.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

dle wrote:problem is, in Canada, if you clocked them with the bat, which by the way sounds like a hell of a plan to me, YOU would be the one heading for the hoosegow

May be it's a good thing.

I'd rather have my stuff stolen (happened few times) than taking a life of a person over an old vacuum.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Even Steven wrote:May be it's a good thing.

I'd rather have my stuff stolen (happened few times) than taking a life of a person over an old vacuum.

Apparently you aren't the jaded, experienced killer that a couple of our fellow posters are.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

It's far left thinking that allows this stuff to perpetuate.
They continue doing it coz they know there's minimum risk and repercussions.
The police won't even show up now to investigate many property crimes. They'll just give you a file number over the phone so you can prove to your insurer you contacted police.
The whole thing is getting stupid.
It's like it's becoming ok not to work, contribute, and leach off society.
It's no longer all you can earn, it's all you can steal.

Steal from me, and you'll get what you earned.
spooker

Post by spooker »

To read this thread is to see what gets people out of bed to click 'post' ... I say that in full cognizance that I'm clicking that same button ...

Since moving to Kelowna I've been robbed three times ... all were opportunistic due to my own negligence ... if I'm not going to value something enough to keep it reasonably secure then too bad ... yeah it *bleep* me off and went looking for my stuff ... could've gotten myself in trouble if the persons I was looking for were found, but thankfully I eventually calmed down

Crime happens ... no, the punishment too often doesn't fit the level of resolve we want it to be ... and no, deadly (or violent) force when defending your "stuff" is not something I would support ... defending yourself or your family, sure, I'll do everything I can ... but stuff is stuff ...

Friend's garage door opener was stolen from his car ... then his wife thought he had come home mid-morning when she heard the garage ... 30 minutes later when he hadn't come in she found his bicycle was stolen from the garage and he was still at work ... thankfully whoever stole it was not confident enough to come in the house ... could've been worse ...
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

problem is, in Canada, if you clocked them with the bat, which by the way sounds like a hell of a plan to me, YOU would be the one heading for the hoosegow because unlike the US, we don't have "stand your ground" laws so taking physical action to protect what's yours will go against you, not them....funny how that works eh? Even though these guys showed up with bear spray to use against the owners of the property they were trying to steal and wouldn't hesitate to use it against you if you even so much as yelled "hey" at them. Again, the laws will protect the criminal....
[/quote]

[/quote]The way around the "victim" being the one in trouble is to NOT call the police after the incident. Load carcass of intruder in back of truck or trunk, haul out to wherever and dispose of.........DONE. I am pretty sure the thief did not tell his mommy he was going to break into such and such business or house at this address..........HAHA!
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

JayByrd wrote:
Even Steven wrote:May be it's a good thing.

Apparently you aren't the jaded, experienced killer that a couple of our fellow posters are.

Well, no one said anything other than in jest, at least that's how I'm reading it, about ending anyone's life, or seriously injuring them over the theft for crying out loud, but you should be able to defend yourself and your property. They have to know they run a risk of getting hurt in the commission of the crime. They have zero right to be there taking your property. Zero. If the laws don't protect the victims of crime I guess we have to look after ourselves - not much other choice. And no, letting them just have everything I've worked hard to get as meager as it is just doesn't sit well with me after having vehicles broken into, etc, paying to get them fixed as comprehensive doesn't cover side windows etc etc. Not only do they take what's yours, you are left holding the bag to fix their damage.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

A 40 gallon plastic barrel of hydrochloric acid.
In two days there wouldn't even be dna left.
Neutralize with lye, pour the offender down the drain.
Presto. No more thievery from that offender.

I freaking hate thieves and I hate thieves who rob people for drug money.
Yea sure, crime happens, but it shouldn't.
At least not to the degree that it is. We shouldn't have to lock and hide everything that belongs to us.
Societies moral compass needs to be rightened.

People coddle these losers but they're the first ones to complain about the taxes on everything.

Guess what pays for all these losers who contribute zero?

Theres no consequences for these losers.
Until that happens don't expect property crimes to decrease.

Return to “Central Okanagan”