Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

dle
Lord of the Board

Re: Thieves rob garage using owners garage door opener...

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:Probably say he was high on drugs and didn't know what he was doing so not responsible for his actions and be sent for rehabilitation.

Yeah, and that's another burr under my saddle - the good ol' "impaired defence"....you take the substance knowing it's more than likely going to impair you, you commit a crime while under that influence, and yet your defence lawyer can claim "too corned to know better"....cripes sake, how these lawyers get away with this bs is beyond me. Tough noogies - you get loaded by your own choice, stand up and take your lumps when you do something stupid because of it....miserable cowards....
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

As much as I don't like it either, the lawyers aren't getting away with anything. Everyone is entitled to their day in court - a basic fundamental right Canadians enjoy. Both defence and crown have the opportunity to present their case to a judge/jury and hopefully the outcome will be favourable to the right side of the law. It's the judgements being handed down that don't seem to have the teeth in them.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Fancy wrote:As much as I don't like it either, the lawyers aren't getting away with anything. Everyone is entitled to their day in court - a basic fundamental right Canadians enjoy. Both defence and crown have the opportunity to present their case to a judge/jury and hopefully the outcome will be favourable to the right side of the law. It's the judgements being handed down that don't seem to have the teeth in them.

It should be noted as well, that the Crown will use all the same tactics and arguments in order to obtain a conviction. Like defence attorneys, once a trial starts, for them it's not about justice anymore, it's about winning.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Graham Adder
Guru

Post by Graham Adder »

RCMP are completely and utterly useless in these case.
That's been my personal experience x 5.
5 times I've relied on the RCMP to do what they are expected to do and not once have they done a damn thing.
I've done all the follow-up, and they have done none.
That's the truth, and not isolated.

I keep a heavy coat at the front door closet.
In one sleeve is a baseball bat.
I don't lean it in the corner, as an intruder looks there first.
In my night table I keep bear spray and a knife. Behind the bedpost is another baseball bat.

My vehicles are now fortified including hidden shut off switches so they cannot be started.
I also have audio surveillance so I will be alerted to the sound of break ins.

When.
Not if.
When I get targeted again, I'm ready to protect myself, my family and my property.
When I am targeted again, you'll read about it on Castanet.

I've been in contact with all my neighbors, and a few of the men have requested that when SHTF, they want me to either rap on their door, or yell loud enough for them to wake. They're gonna get my back.

That's what things have come to. You need to look after yourself and your property, because our current system of protection and law is so foul, so flawed and so completely useless, that we've come full circle.

Welcome to the wild, wild, west, reloaded.

Pity the foooo......
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

YES!!! :clapping: Ok now maybe we are getting somewhere, at least with this case, this is a good start - now, lets just see if things continue in this vein and serve justice, or if the homeowners rights go down the tube as usual, in favour of saving his sorry *bleep*....

That Kamloops invader HAS been charged with attempted murder among other charges....

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2017, 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link to local news article other than Castanet.
hupur
Fledgling

Post by hupur »

the lady who wants to melt them down with acid..sounds like she's done it before...thats scary.
lets just amputate hands from the one's we catch.they wont be waving to their friends anymore
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

The septic tank worked pretty good for the ex husband too.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

It would for this guy too, oh, and the judge. 29 convictions? This guy is a career criminal and is being enabled by our weak laws and weaker judges. I'm sure Pentictonites would agree heartily.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212380
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I just read that and shook my head.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Queen K wrote:It would for this guy too, oh, and the judge. 29 convictions? This guy is a career criminal and is being enabled by our weak laws and weaker judges. I'm sure Pentictonites would agree heartily.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212380

these judges make me want to puke
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ladydi58

Post by ladydi58 »

This is a common occurrence- we were hit in June at 3AM- gained access as my very pregnant daughter forgot to lock her car-
scored as he did find a garage door opener.Our dog barked non stop so this alerted my husband who got up -- she wouldn't stop barking. He looked out the front window and saw an individual trying once again to go into the garage. He flicked on the house lights which must have scared this person off giving him enough time to get dressed. Luckily nothing was taken from our garage. However they did get credit card from an old wallet from the vehicle and did make use of same to buy themselves some food and gas until the card stopped working and yes they didn't waste any time used 3:20-3:30 AM.
This was in Lakeview Heights. Police were called- After discussing with neighbours- and neighbours finding same individual on his surveillance camera- police were again notified- The neighbours said this person tried to gain access to every vehicle in sight.
Lesson to be learned- We no longer make use of the garage door openers- Never leave anything- even loose change in your vehicle.Make sure the garage doors are locked and locked from the inside entry as well.Before going to bed we recheck that everything is locked up.
It is a shame that this is what society looks like now. I do not believe that all these crimes are due to drugs although a huge amount Im sure is. We are just too very complacent about our safety and need to be more vigilant. If we do so then they'd have a much harder time to steal- they steal because we seem to make it easy for them!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

They steal because no one beat it into them that stealing is wrong.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

ladydi58 wrote:It is a shame that this is what society looks like now. I do not believe that all these crimes are due to drugs although a huge amount Im sure is. We are just too very complacent about our safety and need to be more vigilant. If we do so then they'd have a much harder time to steal- they steal because we seem to make it easy for them!
It is a shame. Never needed to lock doors but now we have to - that's a given. What's really hard are for those that now can't sleep at night and still have to put in a hard's day work because their ear is tuned for abnormal noise.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote: It is a shame. Never needed to lock doors but now we have to - that's a given. What's really hard are for those that now can't sleep at night and still have to put in a hard's day work because their ear is tuned for abnormal noise.

Or those of us that can't be sure.remember if they hit the "lock" button on their key fob. I used to feel comfortable leaving my car window open, on a hot day, as I went into the grocery store for a quick purchase.
These days I lock the car as I leave it, then again as I enter the store, and then ....if I don't remember, I come back up to the front window where I can see my car and and hit the "lock" button again.

I now have to lock my car in my own garage and take the keys inside. This is not paranoid, this is because the police will ask if I can account for all of my keys. If I can't, that puts my report way down the list of priorities, it becomes a TWOC (Taken With Out Consent) instead of THEFT of MV. Dealt with in 2 totally levels of priority.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

I will never understand why people would leave credit cards, wallets or purses in vehicles, regardless of where the vehicles are.

They are of prime importance to be protected.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Central Okanagan”