Peachland Bylaw Enforcement Officer

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Peachland Bylaw Enforcement Officer

Post by Fancy »

Geese should be deterred as much as possible too but owners have control over their dogs and stepping in their excrement isn't pleasant never mind the parasites and diseases dogs can carry.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Fancy wrote:Geese should be deterred as much as possible too but owners have control over their dogs and stepping in their excrement isn't pleasant never mind the parasites and diseases dogs can carry.

people here carry more diseases than dogs this isn't mexico
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:people here carry more diseases than dogs this isn't mexico
Never been to Mexico.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Stay a way from Tijuana ....

Sounds like bylaw guy was a dick... Got enough of those here in Kelowna .

Good riddance ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Dood sounds a bit of a D head like Dennis Rader was.
He was a bylaw officer too .
He loved the bit of power his position gave him.
Imo there's no room in any level of authority for hot heads, egomaniacs or narcissists.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Fancy wrote:Geese should be deterred as much as possible too but owners have control over their dogs and stepping in their excrement isn't pleasant never mind the parasites and diseases dogs can carry.

I have always found that looking where you are going is a good idea for many reasons.
If you are looking it is not difficult to avoid it.
Consider it as natures wake up call.
Black Dogs Matter
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

Most dog walkers that I happen across just call it poo and then clean it up and get on with their walk. The ones that don't are probably concerned with deterring the geese as much as possible but in the end we all work together to maintain a safe, happy world for generations to come -- disease and parasites notwithstanding.

To this day I will not sit on a park bench if I'm not sure that no nasty poopypants person has sat there before me. I will take my dogs paw and rub it around on the bench to make sure the human excrement and peepee has been removed before I take a seat.
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 21st, 2017, 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

pepecat wrote:Most dog walkers that I happen across just call it poo and then clean it up and get on with their walk. The ones that don't are probably concerned with deterring the geese as much as possible but in the end we all work together to maintain a safe, happy world for generations to come -- disease and parasites notwithstanding.
Most dog walkers I know call it something else entirely and might clean it up if someone is watching then throw the bags in the bush when no one is. From the sounds of this thread, I'd say the bylaw officer put up with an awful lot of verbal garbage and can only hope the next officer figures it out. Probably the reason why the bylaws are complaint driven - no one needs to actively go out and search for the abuse.

Return to “Central Okanagan”