Peachland Bylaw Enforcement Officer

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Peachland Bylaw Enforcement Officer

Post by Fancy »

Stopping is different from parking - irrelevant the reason as you can imagine if everyone did it what would happen.
Even Steven wrote: So at this point, I flat out told him to go F himself. Don't need any lecturing from somebody in uniform who thinks he's Batman of parking enforcement.

If you did what was right to start with (parking lot is right there) you wouldn't have looked just as bad. Signs clearly state "active loading or unloading only unattended vehicles will be ticketed and/or towed". Straight forward but of course there are some that don't believe in following some simple rules.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What I find shameful is the attitude towards those just trying to do their jobs. The public can act like complete morons while trying to justify their own bad behaviour.
XT225
Lord of the Board

Post by XT225 »

Fancy wrote:What I find shameful is the attitude towards those just trying to do their jobs. The public can act like complete morons while trying to justify their own bad behaviour.

I quite agree. Poor guy was just doing as he was told and was part of his job. If the public doesn't like the bylaws, then lobby to change them; don't pick on the person trying to uphold the law. It annoys me to no end when someone has an off-leash dog or lets them cr@p right on the sidewalk without picking up after them. Why does anyone think that they are above the law? :swear:
playhard2010

Post by playhard2010 »

LTD wrote:or perhaps like most bylaws clowns this one acted like he was god and had a bad attitude these guys tend to think theyre cops when in reality theyre nothing more than a security guard

Bylaw officers are in the same class as Police, they are 100% Peace officers, maybe this one had a bad attitude etc but dont spout off regarding them and comparing them to a security guard, that is just an un educated response
animal lover1
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by animal lover1 »

This issue is caused by peachland council. They are SO anti-outsiders that there are rules and regulations are simply too far. This guy WAS a clown, but he was made a clown by the council tasking him with ALL the ridiculous little things they wanted him to enforce.

I have never lived in a place where you can sit on a patio and watch (all day) as the "peachland bylaw truck" goes back and forth up and down the strip writing tickets and moving people.

For a town SO reliant on tourism, they simply arent too smart
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

playhard2010 wrote:
LTD wrote:or perhaps like most bylaws clowns this one acted like he was god and had a bad attitude these guys tend to think theyre cops when in reality theyre nothing more than a security guard

Bylaw officers are in the same class as Police, they are 100% Peace officers, maybe this one had a bad attitude etc but dont spout off regarding them and comparing them to a security guard, that is just an un educated response

Lol dont even begin to compare them to a police officer talk about uneducated responses theyre barely above a security guard training wise and are no where near being a peace officer i guess we know what line of work youre in
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

animal lover1 wrote:This issue is caused by peachland council.

And that council put bylaws in place because of the residents.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fancy wrote:Stopping is different from parking - irrelevant the reason as you can imagine if everyone did it what would happen.

The point that the *bleep* match that this old guy started by reading me his lecture and then venting on all things parking took perhaps 5 times longer than the amount of time I spent parked there holding up the precious spot.

It's rather obvious that he wasn't after keeping the area clear because after hearing me out he'd just say "Son, don't do it again and get out of here", he just wanted to be rude and obnoxious. And he got a healthy dose of it back AFTER he decided to take it to that level.

People like this will always find something wrong and something to complain about it, and they need to be put in their place. It's not about rules and regulations with them, it's about living their pathetic lives and being so depressed from it they have to take it out on the general public in a form of overzealousness and rudeness.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Even Steven wrote:The point that the *bleep* match that this old guy started by reading me his lecture and then venting on all things parking took perhaps 5 times longer than the amount of time I spent parked there holding up the precious spot.

You shouldn't have parked there to start with. It's not that far of a walk from carousel to lot.
Even Steven wrote:It's rather obvious that he wasn't after keeping the area clear because after hearing me out he'd just say "Son, don't do it again and get out of here", he just wanted to be rude and obnoxious. And he got a healthy dose of it back AFTER he decided to take it to that level.
Well good for you - being rude back didn't solve anything and apparently you didn't learn anything and decided to take to that level yourself.
Even Steven wrote:People like this will always find something wrong and something to complain about it, and they need to be put in their place. It's not about rules and regulations with them, it's about living their pathetic lives and being so depressed from it they have to take it out on the general public in a form of overzealousness and rudeness.
Seems you are finding something wrong, complained about it etc. etc. No one has given you the right to put anyone in their place - especially as you were in the wrong. You should have got a ticket.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fancy wrote:You should have got a ticket.

LOL those security guards don't have the power to give tickets. They're nobodies but act like they're police SWAT team with walkie-talkies.

Well good for you - being rude back didn't solve anything

I'd like to think I did public service. Maybe he'll think twice next time. Or maybe he'll just quit and become something truly productive to society like a sandwich artist at Subway.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

*Please note: Vehicles that park in the active passenger loading zone area will be towed.

That is pretty clear. (from Kelowna Airport site)
And no, you didn't do any public service at all - on the contrary.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Fancy wrote:And no, you didn't do any public service at all - on the contrary.

Why not? There's a chance.

People who act like this do so because they're unhappy and miserable. That's why they're always rude and short with people, always picking a fight, just trying to prove to themselves they're not sad and pathetic. Who knows, maybe I got to him and he resigned and go back to school to become a masseuse. Or Walmart greeter. He might be smiling somewhere right now greeting customers instead of being a constant sourpuss.

Think positive.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You're trying to describe someone you don't know - not working well for you. Two wrongs don't make a right and blatantly disregarding the sign then swearing at someone isn't nice at all. There's zero justification for either. People in Peachland that request a bylaw officer to intervene on their behalf - that's going to be challenge - there's not enough enforcement as it is.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Even Steven wrote:Some people even with a little of power or just perceived power go way overboard.

I once parked at the airport right by the entrance where you're allowed to stop, and run into to get my wife who was waiting for me. She didn't come out because bags were heavy, so maybe for 1 minute the car was unattended and then we came back, loaded everything up, and that's when some security guy just had to come out and get into *bleep* match with me how I'm not supposed to park there.

And first I was apologetic and explained to him what's happening and was genuinely nice to him. But it only fueled his anger and he went on the rant how nobody follows the rules in this town and "people like me" are the worst. So at this point, I flat out told him to go F himself. Don't need any lecturing from somebody in uniform who thinks he's Batman of parking enforcement.

Hey Even Steven ... Funny how when the shoe is on the other ... err I mean YOUR foot, its suddenly okay ...

May I remind you of your views from earlier this year about parking at KGH ... viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71003&start=30 ... (scroll down about a 1/3)

I'll save you some trouble and copy/paste part of your statements from then:

EVEN STEVEN wrote: "There used to be this thing called...can't remember....oh yeah, personal responsibility. Who cares if it was 10 minutes out or 5? or 1? You didn't pay, and you get a fine. Easy as that.

Everybody has excuses these days. Oh, my dog ate my quarter. Oh, it was only 10 minutes past the time. I was late, but it's Impark that sucks, and I'm a unique snowflake.

Take some responsibility like an adult, don't make up excuses like a 5-year old"

While not exactly the same situation as at KGH, I think its pretty clear that if it suits your own agenda its okay for you to just bend the rules a little and suddenly it becomes ok to leave your car unattended even though the sign clearly says not to do that?

Hmmm ... Who cares if it was just the 1 minute you did it for while helping your wife? You're not supposed to leave your vehicle unattended and you were called out on it. Easy as that. Everybody has excuses these days. Oh, my dog ate my quarter. Oh, it was only 1 minute while I was helping my wife and the parking guy sucks, and I'm a unique snowflake.

Take some responsibility like an adult, don't make up excuses like a 5-year old.

Sound familiar? I think you maybe have some double standards ... just saying.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

what wrong with rules not enough enforcement if i play by the rules i think it only fair that others do to we need more enforcement

Return to “Central Okanagan”