Trapped on Slide

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Trapped on Slide

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:Ok , ok , ok , ... Who's "little angle" stuffed the ball down the slide ?

Would the "parent" of said child please stand up and take your lumps ?????

It's Angel and probably the Kid who's Mom is complaining.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

miss_sterious wrote: This is the PARENTS job, and accountability.

No, it isn't. Such failures may happen but it is the responsibility of the company to make sure the equipment is maintained which I'm sure they do when they are aware of it. In this case it took another parent and staff to deflate the ball enough to get the kids out. This isn't about entitlement (that word gets flung around way too much). And this wasn't a simple dog pile that everyone I'm sure has experienced as a kid.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

Kids these days are such *bleep*. Living in the bubble wrap world thats been created by way over protective texting mommies. They will never know the pleasure of getting stitches in emergency after a crash off yer bike trying to jump over 3 of yer buddies. Without a helmet believe it or not.Will never know the pain of a black eye and bloody nose after a schoolyard fight. God help us all as when these sissies are looking after us we will have to hold hands sing kum bye ya and use our words to express how are feelings were hurt. No wonder the world is in such a state. Keep your hooligans at home locked in there rooms. Save me tax dollars by not having to build non injury playgrounds .
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Noisy Boater wrote:Kids these days are such *bleep*. Living in the bubble wrap world thats been created by way over protective texting mommies. They will never know the pleasure of getting stitches in emergency after a crash off yer bike trying to jump over 3 of yer buddies. Without a helmet believe it or not.Will never know the pain of a black eye and bloody nose after a schoolyard fight. God help us all as when these sissies are looking after us we will have to hold hands sing kum bye ya and use our words to express how are feelings were hurt. No wonder the world is in such a state. Keep your hooligans at home locked in there rooms. Save me tax dollars by not having to build non injury playgrounds .

I couldn't have said that better.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And more judgement on a mother that could be way off base.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Rwede wrote:
Bman wrote:Kids today are wimps.
So are their parents.

Yes they are.

These kids should have been outside with BB guns shooting starlings for an orchardist, or building a fort, or practising with their slingshots.

When the zombies invade, these kids are doomed.

Or playing Lawn Darts or riding horses without helmets and unsupervised in fields full of rocks (like my friend and I used to do when we were dropped off to go ride her horse Princess.)

But really, there is room on the schedule for sliding too. There just isn't room for parents to be inattentive any more. Bman is right, as ever.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:And more judgement on a mother that could be way off base.

- or, based on her reaction and comments, are spot on.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:- or, based on her reaction and comments, are spot on.

Nah, I don't think so. Being scared of what could have happened is a normal response. What doesn't need to happen is the media coverage.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Fancy wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:- or, based on her reaction and comments, are spot on.

Nah, I don't think so. Being scared of what could have happened is a normal response. What doesn't need to happen is the media coverage.

Over-reacting is more like it. As I said earlier, I’d be very curious to know how Castanet was made aware of this “incident”.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

WalterWhite wrote:Over-reacting is more like it.
I didn't hear anyone overreacting. I heard someone describe what happened. It is a parent's prerogative to feel for their child having nightmares.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Fancy wrote:
miss_sterious wrote: This is the PARENTS job, and accountability.

No, it isn't. Such failures may happen but it is the responsibility of the company to make sure the equipment is maintained which I'm sure they do when they are aware of it. In this case it took another parent and staff to deflate the ball enough to get the kids out. This isn't about entitlement (that word gets flung around way too much). And this wasn't a simple dog pile that everyone I'm sure has experienced as a kid.

Excuse me ????

Your Momma didn't teach YOU how to be such an outstanding citizen ?

Some little BRAT thought it would be "cool" to do what they weren't supposed to do , parent didn't look up from their gadget to catch it in time and some other kid almost got hurt ..

Look after your kids .

My circus , MY monkeys .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

This is how it starts, sheltering of a child. An apology won`t make her child not have nightmares, people are soft these days this is why millennials feel so entitled. Big deal I remember worse things as a child than being trapped by a ball in a slide, I survived. People on this forum need to listen to Simon Sinek - The Dangers Of Social Media Addiction, video can be found on YouTube...it`s not just about social media, but parenting and making kids feel entitled. I may have slightly went off topic but I honestly feel this should not have even made the news.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

KelownaCrackinCrew wrote:This is how it starts, sheltering of a child. An apology won`t make her child not have nightmares, people are soft these days this is why millennials feel so entitled. Big deal I remember worse things as a child than being trapped by a ball in a slide, I survived. People on this forum need to listen to Simon Sinek - The Dangers Of Social Media Addiction, video can be found on YouTube...it`s not just about social media, but parenting and making kids feel entitled. I may have slightly went off topic but I honestly feel this should not have even made the news.

"Social-Media addiction" - Pretty much exactly why some people "hang around" this forum for hours on end re-butting every single statement people make.

"I honestly feel this should not have even made the news" - This story and about 75% of everything else C-Net calls "news" (someone earlier referred to it as click-bait). Like I said in my post on page one this morning, must have been a really slow "news" day in Kelowna today to post a story about some kids getting stuck in a playground slide :panic: and even going to the person house to film an "interview".
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Noisy Boater wrote:Kids these days are such *bleep*. Living in the bubble wrap world thats been created by way over protective texting mommies. They will never know the pleasure of getting stitches in emergency after a crash off yer bike trying to jump over 3 of yer buddies. Without a helmet believe it or not.Will never know the pain of a black eye and bloody nose after a schoolyard fight. God help us all as when these sissies are looking after us

Don't worry. Once the concussions catch up to you, the CTE will be so bad you won't even know your own name, let alone notice what your caregivers are doing.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I haven't checked all five pages, but did someone mention an adult in a kids venue who was able to produce a knife in under three minutes? [icon_lol2.gif]
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”