Trapped on Slide

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Trapped on Slide

Post by Fancy »

MAPearce wrote:Excuse me ????

Your Momma didn't teach YOU how to be such an outstanding citizen ?

Some little BRAT thought it would be "cool" to do what they weren't supposed to do , parent didn't look up from their gadget to catch it in time and some other kid almost got hurt ..

Look after your kids . My circus , MY monkeys .

Good grief - leave my momma out of it. And where did you get the idea the mother in this story was the mother of the kid with the ball? Everyone here seems to think you must be a helicopter parent? Can't take your eyes off your kid for a moment? Stuff happens and to blame this parent for anything seems to me a little harsh.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Queen K wrote:I haven't checked all five pages, but did someone mention an adult in a kids venue who was able to produce a knife in under three minutes? [icon_lol2.gif]

Doesn't everyone carry little pocket knives in case of emergencies?
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

No knife but Queen and I do carry lawn darts in case of an emergency.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I always have to remember to remove mine from my purse when I fly.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Poindexter wrote:No knife but Queen and I do carry lawn darts in case of an emergency.

And riding crops. :147:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Queen K wrote:]
And riding crops. :147:

I wanna party at your house.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Perhaps being crammed into a tube with all your friends is how the literal have a sausage party. :D
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Fancy wrote:
MAPearce wrote:Excuse me ????

Your Momma didn't teach YOU how to be such an outstanding citizen ?

Some little BRAT thought it would be "cool" to do what they weren't supposed to do , parent didn't look up from their gadget to catch it in time and some other kid almost got hurt ..

Look after your kids . My circus , MY monkeys .

Good grief - leave my momma out of it. And where did you get the idea the mother in this story was the mother of the kid with the ball? Everyone here seems to think you must be a helicopter parent? Can't take your eyes off your kid for a moment? Stuff happens and to blame this parent for anything seems to me a little harsh.

EXACTLY! Stuff happens ... and to blame JUMP2IT for anything seems to me a little too much whining by this mum
Baxters19

Post by Baxters19 »

I think we all need to remember that news stories never tell the whole story. If you weren't there you don't know what happened. we need to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. Most importantly the kids weren't hurt and I see this a learning opportunity for parents and play centres. To me it sounds like this mom is more upset over how she felt the situation was handled in the moment and not that it actually happened. Accidents do happen. The kids will get over it. Multiple kids were involved which means multiple parents were involved I'm sure they all weren't on their phones and you don't know if this mom was or not and you don't know that it was her kid that pushed the ball down. The ball probably shouldn't have been near the slide. There is too much missing from the story to be able to judge as harshly as some of you are.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Queen K wrote:I haven't checked all five pages, but did someone mention an adult in a kids venue who was able to produce a knife in under three minutes? [icon_lol2.gif]

I carry a pocket knife around with me everywhere I go, one of the greatest tools to keep on ya!
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

I joke but only because I'm claustrophobic and it's how I'm dealing with the thought of being stuck in a tube.

They were probably pretty shaken but if one of them were mine I'd take them back the next day and slide down that tube with them. Take a bad situation and use it as a way to teach a kid to get back on the horse that bucked you.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I'm familiar with Jump2It, but it never dawned on me that it was a tube, spiral slide that this happened on.

The yoga ball wedged in the exit. Kids at the top with no way of knowing that the bottom is blocked. Kids stuck at the bottom, in the dark, with no idea what's happening, just more bodies piling on top of them and nowhere to go.

Call me a wimp but that actually sounds kinda terrifying.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.

Return to “Central Okanagan”