Trapped on Slide

Re: Trapped on Slide

Postby Fancy » Nov 24th, 2017, 6:07 am

MAPearce wrote:Excuse me ????

Your Momma didn't teach YOU how to be such an outstanding citizen ?

Some little BRAT thought it would be "cool" to do what they weren't supposed to do , parent didn't look up from their gadget to catch it in time and some other kid almost got hurt ..

Look after your kids . My circus , MY monkeys .

Good grief - leave my momma out of it. And where did you get the idea the mother in this story was the mother of the kid with the ball? Everyone here seems to think you must be a helicopter parent? Can't take your eyes off your kid for a moment? Stuff happens and to blame this parent for anything seems to me a little harsh.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6400 posts

Postby Fancy » Nov 24th, 2017, 6:11 am

Queen K wrote:I haven't checked all five pages, but did someone mention an adult in a kids venue who was able to produce a knife in under three minutes? [icon_lol2.gif]

Doesn't everyone carry little pocket knives in case of emergencies?
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Poindexter » Nov 24th, 2017, 6:30 am

No knife but Queen and I do carry lawn darts in case of an emergency.

Queen K likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4530 posts

Postby Fancy » Nov 24th, 2017, 6:32 am

I always have to remember to remove mine from my purse when I fly.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Queen K » Nov 24th, 2017, 6:34 am

Poindexter wrote:No knife but Queen and I do carry lawn darts in case of an emergency.

And riding crops. :147:
Could it be that a whole life can shift the day one starts telling the truth about what makes one happy?

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13503 posts

Postby JayByrd » Nov 24th, 2017, 7:43 am

Queen K wrote:]
And riding crops. :147:

I wanna party at your house.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.

2 people like this post.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1408 posts

Postby Poindexter » Nov 24th, 2017, 8:23 am

Perhaps being crammed into a tube with all your friends is how the literal have a sausage party. :D

2 people like this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Postby RVThereYet » Nov 24th, 2017, 9:09 am

Fancy wrote:
MAPearce wrote:Excuse me ????

Your Momma didn't teach YOU how to be such an outstanding citizen ?

Some little BRAT thought it would be "cool" to do what they weren't supposed to do , parent didn't look up from their gadget to catch it in time and some other kid almost got hurt ..

Look after your kids . My circus , MY monkeys .

Good grief - leave my momma out of it. And where did you get the idea the mother in this story was the mother of the kid with the ball? Everyone here seems to think you must be a helicopter parent? Can't take your eyes off your kid for a moment? Stuff happens and to blame this parent for anything seems to me a little harsh.

EXACTLY! Stuff happens ... and to blame JUMP2IT for anything seems to me a little too much whining by this mum

3 people like this post.
RVThereYet
Board Meister

Liked in: 477 posts

Postby Baxters19 » Nov 24th, 2017, 12:46 pm

I think we all need to remember that news stories never tell the whole story. If you weren't there you don't know what happened. we need to give both sides the benefit of the doubt. Most importantly the kids weren't hurt and I see this a learning opportunity for parents and play centres. To me it sounds like this mom is more upset over how she felt the situation was handled in the moment and not that it actually happened. Accidents do happen. The kids will get over it. Multiple kids were involved which means multiple parents were involved I'm sure they all weren't on their phones and you don't know if this mom was or not and you don't know that it was her kid that pushed the ball down. The ball probably shouldn't have been near the slide. There is too much missing from the story to be able to judge as harshly as some of you are.

JayByrd likes this post.
Baxters19

Liked in: 1 post

Postby KelownaCrackinCrew » Nov 24th, 2017, 1:54 pm

Queen K wrote:I haven't checked all five pages, but did someone mention an adult in a kids venue who was able to produce a knife in under three minutes? [icon_lol2.gif]

I carry a pocket knife around with me everywhere I go, one of the greatest tools to keep on ya!

Mama likes this post.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Liked in: 239 posts

Postby Poindexter » Nov 24th, 2017, 3:34 pm

I joke but only because I'm claustrophobic and it's how I'm dealing with the thought of being stuck in a tube.

They were probably pretty shaken but if one of them were mine I'd take them back the next day and slide down that tube with them. Take a bad situation and use it as a way to teach a kid to get back on the horse that bucked you.

3 people like this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Postby JayByrd » Nov 25th, 2017, 3:26 pm

I'm familiar with Jump2It, but it never dawned on me that it was a tube, spiral slide that this happened on.

The yoga ball wedged in the exit. Kids at the top with no way of knowing that the bottom is blocked. Kids stuck at the bottom, in the dark, with no idea what's happening, just more bodies piling on top of them and nowhere to go.

Call me a wimp but that actually sounds kinda terrifying.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.

Mama likes this post.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1408 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan