Library adds security

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Library adds security

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/21 ... -beefed-up, junkies taking over every area of kelowna , can'nt even go to a library anymore , without these scunbags causing a problem

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 24th, 2017, 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Link to local news article other than Castanet.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Library adds security

Post by Jflem1983 »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/212324/Library-security-beefed-up, junkies taking over every area of kelowna , can'nt even go to a library anymore , without these scunbags causeing a problem

*removed*

I wonder why security guards. Instead shouldnt they be hiring outreach workers . To give free needles and food to these poor souls :)

Maybe a free tour bus ?
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

The transients and homeless along with the junkie scumbags have taken over and ruined the entire downtown core and surrounding areas.They are constantly going into WorkBC at Queensway loop and causing problems for people in there using the computers and other resources to find employment,they will sit at the computers and start surfing youtube and facebook then get kicked out so up to the library they go to cause mayhem in there.Leon Ave is a major embarrassment and needs to be dealt with quickly,queensway loop is just a bunch of drunks and druggies openly drinking and doing drugs and harassing people for cigarettes and change ( whats the point of having security wander around there when they do nothing about it ) Capri Mall area is another cesspool of druggies and drunks along with Kirschner Rd is another road stricken with the homeless/drunk plague.Around Orchard Park Mall is turning into another junkie cesspool and lets not forget along Mill Creek off of Enterprise.Many parts of Rutland has turned into a junkie/drunk cesspool as well.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

bjsilent wrote:The transients and homeless along with the junkie scumbags have taken over and ruined the entire downtown core and surrounding areas.They are constantly going into WorkBC at Queensway loop and causing problems for people in there using the computers and other resources to find employment,they will sit at the computers and start surfing youtube and facebook then get kicked out so up to the library they go to cause mayhem in there.Leon Ave is a major embarrassment and needs to be dealt with quickly,queensway loop is just a bunch of drunks and druggies openly drinking and doing drugs and harassing people for cigarettes and change ( whats the point of having security wander around there when they do nothing about it ) Capri Mall area is another cesspool of druggies and drunks along with Kirschner Rd is another road stricken with the homeless/drunk plague.Around Orchard Park Mall is turning into another junkie cesspool and lets not forget along Mill Creek off of Enterprise.Many parts of Rutland has turned into a junkie/drunk cesspool as well.

Work BC is on Bernard. You are referring to Service Canada.

Rutland has been a junkie drunk cesspool for a long time
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

bjsilent wrote:The transients and homeless along with the junkie scumbags have taken over and ruined the entire downtown core and surrounding areas.They are constantly going into WorkBC at Queensway loop and causing problems for people in there using the computers and other resources to find employment,they will sit at the computers and start surfing youtube and facebook then get kicked out so up to the library they go to cause mayhem in there.Leon Ave is a major embarrassment and needs to be dealt with quickly,queensway loop is just a bunch of drunks and druggies openly drinking and doing drugs and harassing people for cigarettes and change ( whats the point of having security wander around there when they do nothing about it ) Capri Mall area is another cesspool of druggies and drunks along with Kirschner Rd is another road stricken with the homeless/drunk plague.Around Orchard Park Mall is turning into another junkie cesspool and lets not forget along Mill Creek off of Enterprise.Many parts of Rutland has turned into a junkie/drunk cesspool as well.

and that's a fact..............sad but true
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Bman there is a workbc job shop thing right beside the subway by queensway bus loop
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

bjsilent wrote:Bman there is a workbc job shop thing right beside the subway by queensway bus loop

ya your right, my bad.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

The new Tim Hortons downtown is now the day drop in center for homeless it looks like. Free Wifi for the stolen phones they acquire. Lets just come to terms with the fact we cant have nice things anymore.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

sure looks like it :cuss:
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

The lease must be expensive on that new Tim Hortons due to the location it`s in, I feel slightly sorry for the owner. Doors open up at 6AM, I think that`s roughly around the same time Gospel Mission kicks them out in the morning.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

poor staff , that work there
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Jflem1983 wrote:
the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/212324/Library-security-beefed-up, junkies taking over every area of kelowna , can'nt even go to a library anymore , without these scunbags causeing a problem

*removed*

I wonder why security guards. Instead shouldnt they be hiring outreach workers . To give free needles and food to these poor souls :)

Maybe a free tour bus ?

Okay, who are you and why have you hacked Jflem's account? :135:

And I just want to add: $54,000 down the toilet because these people are allowed to run around all day, with nothing to do and nowhere to go.

Yesterday I had my first scary encounter at a local food store. The moment I got out of the store I got this very tall skinny man, wearing khakis and camoflage jump out at me begging for money for food. Never happened to me there before. Downtown yes, but not where I was. I had my wallet in my hand and grocery bags. I was so shocked. But should I have been? Someone alerted the staff because by the time I got to my car they had come out to chase him off. I talked to them and they said he's become their "regular" causing trouble, coming in and shoplifting food. It's NOT that I didn't believe the man, I believe he was hungry, but I also suspect all monies would go directly to the predatory dealer. Is this right? No it isn't.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

I must be outta the loop,there's a Tim Horton's downtown? I feel for the staff having to put up with that nonsense,it will turn into the blenz at Bernard and Pandosy.They go in there and lounge around like it's a rest home and dont buy anything and bother the other customers and make messes in the washroom.Should see the nonsense that goes on at the library lol
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

QueenK................... They have somewhere to go,remember the KGM begging for funds to build a courtyard? Its full of garbage and graffiti and crap but it's somewhere to go i suppose.Isn't covered so i guess they will melt
momma2a.sage

Post by momma2a.sage »

Shame on you all for thinking this way. Typical way of Kelowna citizen thinking. Its not the concern for these people that they have a difficult life, but rather that they are unsightly for the town or this odd belief held that they will harm people.

Have you any idea what it is like to be in their shoes? Sure we all struggle, but did you ever stop to wonder what made their lives take that direction? Many of them have gone through experiences in their lives that we could not even compare to, and not for fault of their own, they got involved with drugs to help cure the pain that afflicts/d them. Not all of us are able to afford the ability to live comfortably these days, even the average individual. People who get involved with drugs have an extremely difficult life and there are NOT as many resources as one would think that there are, and the ones that would be helpful to them.... cost money!

Another misconception is that these people are dangerous. Sure, they may do the things as you said above (roaming the computers, using Wifi at Tim Hortons, etc.), but does that make them a person of whom you should be afraid of? How often do you hear in the news "homeless people are becoming violent" in Kelowna? You do hear, however, many stories of average citizens living in this town who are killing each other (friends, spouses, etc.). For instance, the man who killed his girlfriend in the trailer park a few years back.

So my point is, take a moment to think about what you are typing on here and what it would be like if your life had taken a different route because of circumstances that were not under your control.

Return to “Central Okanagan”