Library adds security

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Library adds security

Post by the truth »

imo kgm is a disgrace to this city, they do more harm than good
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

the truth wrote:imo kgm is a disgrace to this city, they do more harm than good

I agree,the kgm isn't a shelter it's daycare for adults.They built a beautiful courtyard for their so called clients and within weeks it was ruined with graffiti and stuff.These lowlifes don't give two :cuss: about anything,case workers at the shelter find them housing and within weeks they are kicked out and back at the shelter with their oh woes me bull :cuss: .I made it a point this morning to stop in at the new timmies on bernard and yup its a *bleep* :cuss: drop in center for the shelter clients and other transients.What a bloody embarrassment to our city!!! Hope no tourists plan on going in there,i wasn't in there five *bleep* :cuss: minutes and was asked for a cigarette.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

bjsilent wrote:
the truth wrote:imo kgm is a disgrace to this city, they do more harm than good

I agree,the kgm isn't a shelter it's daycare for adults.They built a beautiful courtyard for their so called clients and within weeks it was ruined with graffiti and stuff.These lowlifes don't give two :cuss: about anything,case workers at the shelter find them housing and within weeks they are kicked out and back at the shelter with their oh woes me bull :cuss: .I made it a point this morning to stop in at the new timmies on bernard and yup its a *bleep* :cuss: drop in center for the shelter clients and other transients.What a bloody embarrassment to our city!!! Hope no tourists plan on going in there,i wasn't in there five *bleep* :cuss: minutes and was asked for a cigarette.

How is it they all have money to smoke. Quitting smoking is pretty easy. Especially if u cant afford smokes .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Know what kills me? The courtyard was ruined with grafitti right? But those it was intended for are all standing around wondering if someone else is going to clean it up. It's called "learned helplessness" where someone has stuff done for them so often that they can't imagine doing it themselves, successfully.

Why aren't they ladling out their own soup, cleaning the kitchen and hell, doing the damned cooking, peeling, prep work? It kills me seeing a volunteer doing it for them in those holiday feel good news stories.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:Know what kills me? The courtyard was ruined with grafitti right? But those it was intended for are all standing around wondering if someone else is going to clean it up. It's called "learned helplessness" where someone has stuff done for them so often that they can't imagine doing it themselves, successfully.

Why aren't they ladling out their own soup, cleaning the kitchen and hell, doing the damned cooking, peeling, prep work? It kills me seeing a volunteer doing it for them in those holiday feel good news stories.

I had not thought of that. I agree the people being served could roll up their sleeves and help themselves a little.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Jflem1983 wrote:
Queen K wrote:Know what kills me? The courtyard was ruined with grafitti right? But those it was intended for are all standing around wondering if someone else is going to clean it up. It's called "learned helplessness" where someone has stuff done for them so often that they can't imagine doing it themselves, successfully.

I had not thought of that. I agree the people being served could roll up their sleeves and help themselves a little.

Their to darn lazy to do anything,they want everything done for them!!!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Know what stops them? ^^ There are volunteers telling themselves that their "giving back" and helping. I'm not sure it's even a "want" issue. It's a culture that started a long long time ago in the Gospel Mission, that people are there to do for you. To help.

Know what? At the library in lower mission, there is no security. No need for it. I've never seen the homeless there, if anyone wants to switch libraries they use on a daily basis because the downtown one has become unbearable, the mission library is your new home.

Clean, free parking and a wonderful staff.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Queen K wrote:Know what stops them? ^^ There are volunteers telling themselves that their "giving back" and helping.

Know what? At the library in lower mission, there is no security. No need for it. I've never seen the homeless there, if anyone wants to switch libraries they use on a daily basis because the downtown one has become unbearable, the mission library is your new home.

Clean, free parking and a wonderful staff.

Ya i get a kick outta those feel good holiday news stories as well,see them sitting around waiting to be served during thanksgiving and christmas dinner.Some are so disrespectful that they can't even take their ball caps off and when they are done eating they can't even throw their plastic plates and cutlery in the garbage they leave it sitting on the table for the volunteers to clean up!!!
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Again, a culture within the GM had developed a long time ago of "do for" right?

The same people who can collect cans all day long, ride their bikes and push heavy shopping carts are the same people who need all indoor things done for them.

Until the culture in the Gospel Mission changes, we will see those holiday stories forever.
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Queen K wrote:Again, a culture within the GM had developed a long time ago of "do for" right?

The same people who can collect cans all day long, ride their bikes and push heavy shopping carts are the same people who need all indoor things done for them.

Until the culture in the Gospel Mission changes, we will see those holiday stories forever.

I'm hoping that the next feel good story from them is " We are proud to announce that we are relocating to the very end of Mcculloch Rd and there is no bus service up that far [icon_lol2.gif]
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

I know a guy who has a business on leon. He told me the gospel mission gets 4 million a year in tax breaks and grants. Thst sounds like enough money to hire proper security.

bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Jflem1983 wrote:I know a guy who has a business on leon. He told me the gospel mission gets 4 million a year in tax breaks and grants. Thst sounds like enough money to hire proper security.

I know that last year they received something like 3 million in donations,wonder where that money went? Most of the food is donated as well so i don't think much of the donated monies is going towards that.They won't shell out money for a private security company to monitor what goes on around the building,they expect their underpaid front line staff to do that and put their own lives at risk.Meanwhile management rakes in the big bucks and sit in their cozy little offices all day thinking up their next feel good story in order to rake in more donations.Christmas is just around the corner so i'm sure we'll see Mr Benson from the KGM on the news crying how they need more donations and that they are over capacity once again.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Leon vs hein road. Bum fights . Could be internet gold. Ill see if i cant recruit a few fighters

bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

Jflem1983 wrote:Leon vs hein road. Bum fights . Could be internet gold. Ill see if i cant recruit a few fighters

I'll put my money on the thugs from Hein Rd,leon ave knobs will prolly get volunteers to fight for them
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

bjsilent wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:I know a guy who has a business on leon. He told me the gospel mission gets 4 million a year in tax breaks and grants. Thst sounds like enough money to hire proper security.

I know that last year they received something like 3 million in donations,wonder where that money went? Most of the food is donated as well so i don't think much of the donated monies is going towards that.They won't shell out money for a private security company to monitor what goes on around the building,they expect their underpaid front line staff to do that and put their own lives at risk.Meanwhile management rakes in the big bucks and sit in their cozy little offices all day thinking up their next feel good story in order to rake in more donations.Christmas is just around the corner so i'm sure we'll see Mr Benson from the KGM on the news crying how they need more donations and that they are over capacity once again.

Are their financial statements not a matter of public record? Those might show where the money went. Please don't wander into dangerously libel-sounding statement though. Many people read these forums for different reasons.

Return to “Central Okanagan”