Sorry but if folks can't afford a hotel cost

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Sorry but if folks can't afford a hotel cost

Post by Bpeep »

There's always a surrender word that's provided during registration. It's usually cucumber.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

I'll just save some pink ink and..

"deleted by poster"
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Keep it up you guys and ill report you to the lady who wrote the letter to editor. whats her pickle. :biggrin:
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
reidabix

Post by reidabix »

This is nothing new. Say it like it is! Wiki has a great definition. Air BNB = Flop House or Dosshouse is a place that offers very cheap lodging generally by providing minimal services.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flophouse
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

You check in but you don't check out.
Yea, don't fancy strangers crashing at our home. I didn't think she was being snobby she was referencing the letter she was replying to - by Les.
glad there are some fellow germ warriors on here.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
UhHuhYeahSure
Board Meister

Post by UhHuhYeahSure »

AirBnB, just like Uber, are products of the over regulated and overtaxed industries of hotels and passenger transportation.

Governments have added complications and costs to the hotel industry for years. Hotels are not cheap to run...land taxes business taxes, water fees, licencing, zoning, noise, parking and other regulatory costs, even down to restrictive advertising regulations imposed by local governments.

How often have you stayed at a hotel and seen taxes and fees such as "resort fee" or "hospitality tax" or "Regional improvement tax" added to the bottom of the bill along with GST and provincial/state sales tax? And you are already covering all the front end taxes the hotel has as routine business expenses.

Services like AirBnB and Uber are a pressure release valve from industries struggling with high costs, much of it as a result of overly intrusive government regulation.

The popularity of these services is testimony that a sizable segment of the population is unable or unwilling to pay higher costs. These services avoid the costs of overzealous taxation and regulation in those industries.

Don't blame these services that provide a product that is obviously in demand. Peel back the first layer and look at the root cause.

And you know what? Here in Canada, over regulation and intrusive government into all (legitimate) business it a critical issue in many business challenges. Just try starting a business...and just TRY to follow all the rules...and you'll know what I mean.

Demand government that focuses of cutting costs (and services that they should never have started providing in the first place) rather than raising taxes to solve money challenges or building political castles.
Everything I say to you is a lie. And that's the truth. Except this time.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Queen K wrote:I caught something last time I stayed at Bman's AirBnb Express.

Bman wrote:You shouldn't have fallen asleep.
The BnB Express is for fancy sleepin, not for regular sleepin.
Ya snooze, ya lose.
Enter your cc # and register for another fun filled overnight frantic frolic of fun.

I appreciate the sanitary measures Bman has provided at their Air BNB. The crinkling noise is a bit of a distraction tho.

4ACBE9D7-0497-4F2F-A87E-D5100F4793EF.jpeg
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

vegas1500 wrote:Let's find out where Bethany Wright lives and take turns driving and walking in her pristine neighborhood... :up:

And breathing her air!
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

UhHuhYeahSure wrote:AirBnB, just like Uber, are products of the over regulated and overtaxed industries of hotels and passenger transportation.

Governments have added complications and costs to the hotel industry for years. Hotels are not cheap to run...land taxes business taxes, water fees, licencing, zoning, noise, parking and other regulatory costs, even down to restrictive advertising regulations imposed by local governments.

How often have you stayed at a hotel and seen taxes and fees such as "resort fee" or "hospitality tax" or "Regional improvement tax" added to the bottom of the bill along with GST and provincial/state sales tax? And you are already covering all the front end taxes the hotel has as routine business expenses.

Services like AirBnB and Uber are a pressure release valve from industries struggling with high costs, much of it as a result of overly intrusive government regulation.

The popularity of these services is testimony that a sizable segment of the population is unable or unwilling to pay higher costs. These services avoid the costs of overzealous taxation and regulation in those industries.

Don't blame these services that provide a product that is obviously in demand. Peel back the first layer and look at the root cause.

And you know what? Here in Canada, over regulation and intrusive government into all (legitimate) business it a critical issue in many business challenges. Just try starting a business...and just TRY to follow all the rules...and you'll know what I mean.

Demand government that focuses of cutting costs (and services that they should never have started providing in the first place) rather than raising taxes to solve money challenges or building political castles.

Yep. Nailed it. Greedy government . Out west we are especially screwed. NDP. Plus federal liberals. Equals. Taxed to death.

Hotels do seem rather expensive. I often pay 150 a night. Thats 5k a month . As u say. Much of it is fees and surcharges , taxes and improvement fees.

Airlines are the same. Way over priced. Airport improvement fees. Taxes. Puah the price of a flight up around 300 dollars to go to edmonton. Pretty steep.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

Return to “Central Okanagan”