Free homes for the homeless....

jvdlee

Re: Free homes for the homeless....

Post by jvdlee »

Someone came up with a great idea in 1986.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef-mjmI4P0E
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

Wow if I had only known that I had to sit on my butt do nothing and get a house. After working two jobs up to 75 hours a week I got my house , now I pay taxes continually pay for everything. I'm over giving to these people that really can work
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Without housing people are lost. Worked in Med Hat it can work here
Always money to be made re the homeless. Seriously there is... centralize services instead of 4 or more agencies working with the same person.

If we can't take care of our own not sure whilst we keep sending money to other countries to screw up as much as we do.
Don't flame me - I am a sensitive flower :p
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
motokelowna1
Übergod

Post by motokelowna1 »

normaM wrote:Without housing people are lost. Worked in Med Hat it can work here
Always money to be made re the homeless. Seriously there is... centralize services instead of 4 or more agencies working with the same person.

If we can't take care of our own not sure whilst we keep sending money to other countries to screw up as much as we do.
Don't flame me - I am a sensitive flower :p

Well give them something set up on vineyard s to do work instead of bringing people in. That should do some good for all Oh then that is slave labor. Really get them to work. So what flower are you ??
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Why doesnt Kelowna bring the mayor of Medicine Hat. To the okanagan. Let him look over our situation in summer and in winter both. Take his opinion at face value and implement his plan. Hes done a pretty good job in his city
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Jflem1983 wrote:Why doesnt Kelowna bring the mayor of Medicine Hat. To the okanagan. Let him look over our situation in summer and in winter both. Take his opinion at face value and implement his plan. Hes done a pretty good job in his city

This smacks of far too much common sense to be even worthy of this topic :)
Unfortunately it would make Mayor Sugarplum and his cohorts appear even more out of their league when it comes to running a city than it already does. Too bad, because that’s honestly a really good idea.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Does anyone know what the per capita difference of homeless between med hat and kelowna is / was?
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

flower - Lily. Oriental one.. nice scent
Well at least Med Hat is attempting to fix a problem. Since the majority agree street/homeless people are a problem in this City ( whatever the reason it is a problem for you personally) then we should be looking at viable solutions.
Source out revenue to cover the cost.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Here it comes, two stories high with laundry and security.
The provincial government plans to invest $291 million to build 2,000 modular housing units across the province for people who are homeless, and more than $170 million over three years to provide round-the-clock staffing and support services at them.

https://okanaganedge.net/2017/12/04/mod ... temporary/
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bman wrote:Does anyone know what the per capita difference of homeless between med hat and kelowna is / was?

maybe city of kelowna can give them all a one way bus ticket to medicine hat, vancouver did the same thing to kelowna years ago afterall
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

i sure hope they give these units to the true homeless, and not the criminal homeless, or this getto will be a drug and crime filled place in no time
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Hey i have an idea, lets take a couple of these dead empty transit buses and ship all the homeless people to Medicine Hat?
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

When word of this gets out there will be a thousand more scurrying to Kelowna for a free home.
Black Dogs Matter
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

do they get, air conditioning in the summer too , might as well offer all you can eat buffet too, free smokes ,

Return to “Central Okanagan”