Restaurant waste regulations...

artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Restaurant waste regulations...

Post by artistwithaflare »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#212628

One savvy lady squeals on Tim Hortons garbage/waste after she gets a man to open the bag of garbage for her? :200:
Regulations do not permit a lot of places to donate RETURNED or damaged food/items.
I returned boxed juice(not expired) to Wal Mart and I was told it would be thrown out due to regulations.
I will confirm that dumpster divers are pretty savvy too!
Free donuts at Tim Hortons everyone! :smt045
Just say it as it is!
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Restaurant waste regulations...

Post by Jflem1983 »

artistwithaflare wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-212628-1-.htm#212628

One savvy lady squeals on Tim Hortons garbage/waste after she gets a man to open the bag of garbage for her? :200:
Regulations do not permit a lot of places to donate RETURNED or damaged food/items.
I returned boxed juice(not expired) to Wal Mart and I was told it would be thrown out due to regulations.
I will confirm that dumpster divers are pretty savvy too!
Free donuts at Tim Hortons everyone! :smt045

Not sure why this lady thinks it should be tim hortons job to feed the hungry. Last time i checked anyone is free to grab that food out of the dumpster. If i was hungry i would.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

You shouldn't have to dig through a dumpster for food when we have an abundance of it. Places like Panera have policies where bread and such is donated to charities at the end of the night. Its great for food conservation, helps reduce poverty which in turn helps to increase worker productivity.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Tim Horton's used to sell day old goods until the slogan "Always Fresh". Head office should allow their franchise owners to make arrangements for pick up at the end of the night.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The problem is that the food companies are still liable if someone is to get sick and sue. This place should just grind all of these throw-aways and lock their garbage box. They pay rent on that garbage box, so everything in there belongs to them until it gets dumped in the truck.
I certainly wouldn't risk being sued over old buns that can't be sold.
Bring back the LIKE button.
west5440

Post by west5440 »

utterly shameful to throw away day old food..no matter what your slogan is.....at least pack it in to-go containers and set it on table for those less fortunate.

maybe boycotting these establishements is the way to go until they wake up and bring their waste levels down...

they should be charged extra fees to dispose....by the pound...that may assist in forcing these places to stop wasting so much.

so they offer "fresh daily"....there are many seniors and others struggling from day to day and would absolutly pay for day old at a discounted price. I would!!!

Wake up Timmies...and the rest of food outlets and chains....we have people right here that are in need.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

west5440 wrote:utterly shameful to throw away day old food..no matter what your slogan is.....at least pack it in to-go containers and set it on table for those less fortunate.

maybe boycotting these establishements is the way to go until they wake up and bring their waste levels down...

they should be charged extra fees to dispose....by the pound...that may assist in forcing these places to stop wasting so much.

so they offer "fresh daily"....there are many seniors and others struggling from day to day and would absolutly pay for day old at a discounted price. I would!!!

Wake up Timmies...and the rest of food outlets and chains....we have people right here that are in need.

Why don't you call all the timmies and all the homeless charities to set it up?
bjsilent
Board Meister

Post by bjsilent »

It said in the article that a homeless man was foraging for food,why would he have to do that when the Kelowna Gospel Mission which is a few blocks away serves breakfast,lunch ( all you can eat soup and sandwiches ) and dinner seven days a week.There are plenty of other places that dole out food on a regular basis as well so this person shouldn't have to be foraging for food from a dumpster.
Randall T
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Randall T »

bjsilent wrote:It said in the article that a homeless man was foraging for food,why would he have to do that when the Kelowna Gospel Mission which is a few blocks away serves breakfast,lunch ( all you can eat soup and sandwiches ) and dinner seven days a week.There are plenty of other places that dole out food on a regular basis as well so this person shouldn't have to be foraging for food from a dumpster.

There are people who are truly in need that won't frequent the GM. Their open door policy creates an atmosphere that it is not inviting to many. A large number count is better for business though, so things probably won't change.
I birn quil I se
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Just what the homeless need more medical issues by eating donuts/pure sugar i.e teeth & type 2
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

GordonH wrote:Just what the homeless need more medical issues by eating donuts/pure sugar i.e teeth & type 2

I agree.
There's not really much of anything that comes out of a THD that I would say lends to a good diet.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

west5440 wrote:utterly shameful to throw away day old food..no matter what your slogan is.....at least pack it in to-go containers and set it on table for those less fortunate.

boycotting won't do a thing because people want cheap crap. won't happen.

Lineup was out the door this morning, the day after this article came out

And don't forget every other restaurant/grocer along Bernard. boycott them too. The only one who provides for the foodbank is Safeway with regular donations.

Also, everyone on here can stop whining about Tim's and go cook a breakfast or two at the mission. You won't regret it.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Why do some people feel it's their right to tell others how to run their business?
Go ahead there Kim - feel free to dive on into that dumpster full of bounty and reap your harvest for the homeless - or conveniently get some homeless gent to do it for you because, well - ick. Yet another social media SJW hoping to get her 15 minutes of fame.

Last edited by ferri on Nov 28th, 2017, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed youtube link
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

Yeah, and then one homeless person gets sick from an old muffin, and sues Tim Hortons for negligence.

Also, please stop calling crap Timmies sell "food". It's not. It's sugary bread in many forms, not good for anybody.
AlienSoldier
Übergod

Post by AlienSoldier »

alanjh595 wrote:The problem is that the food companies are still liable if someone is to get sick and sue. This place should just grind all of these throw-aways and lock their garbage box. They pay rent on that garbage box, so everything in there belongs to them until it gets dumped in the truck.
I certainly wouldn't risk being sued over old buns that can't be sold.

There is always a way around liability such as this. Tim's can say it was a donation, they can set it up as a third party given it to the charities which distribute it no on Tims behalf but as a pass through.

Where there is will there is a way. Where you want to create barriers nothing will move forward.

Return to “Central Okanagan”