West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Re: West Kelowna Crime Is Going Through The Roof.

Postby Ranger66 » Nov 29th, 2017, 9:43 am

I believe that your actions need to be proportional to the threat that is forcing you to defend yourself. The same could apply to crime in your area, if you have a risk then you need to take steps to prevent yourself from a criminal act. West Kelowna has some crime challenges that we need to voice so that our elected officials can create the right lies to get re-elected.
To cool to live, to smart to die
Ranger66
Übergod

Liked in: 328 posts

Postby johnrae » Nov 29th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Westbank's crime is going up because it is a crap hole. Property value is cheap and attracts low life. We call it the white man's Harlem. I don't even lock my truck at night in North Rutland. Crime is almost non existent. I wonder if Westbank's crime is linked to Kelowna when they do the crime statistics. That town is bringing Kelowna's reputation down with them. Blow up the bridge and keep to your side of the lake.
Thanks

Jflem1983 likes this post.
johnrae
Fledgling

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Nov 29th, 2017, 8:21 pm

"white mans Harlem" ?
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1181 posts

Postby lightspeed » Nov 30th, 2017, 6:52 am

johnrae wrote:Westbank's crime is going up because it is a crap hole. Property value is cheap and attracts low life. We call it the white man's Harlem. I don't even lock my truck at night in North Rutland. Crime is almost non existent. I wonder if Westbank's crime is linked to Kelowna when they do the crime statistics. That town is bringing Kelowna's reputation down with them. Blow up the bridge and keep to your side of the lake.
Thanks

Utter nonsense.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

2 people like this post.
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2053 posts

Postby Fancy » Nov 30th, 2017, 6:59 am

johnrae wrote:Westbank's crime is going up because it is a crap hole. Property value is cheap and attracts low life. We call it the white man's Harlem. I don't even lock my truck at night in North Rutland. Crime is almost non existent. I wonder if Westbank's crime is linked to Kelowna when they do the crime statistics. That town is bringing Kelowna's reputation down with them. Blow up the bridge and keep to your side of the lake.
Thanks

That's about the silliest post I've read in a while. Westbank is part of West Kelowna to start with and I can't afford a lot of neighbourhoods in West Kelowna and the "low life" certainly couldn't afford it either. Rutland attracts its share of undesirables and the crime rate is what forced out some home owners to other parts of the city. West Kelowna is also a City - you might want to get your facts right before you post again.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 5897 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 30th, 2017, 7:26 am

Fancy wrote:
Thanks

That's about the silliest post I've read in a while. Westbank is part of West Kelowna to start with and I can't afford a lot of neighbourhoods in West Kelowna and the "low life" certainly couldn't afford it either. Rutland attracts its share of undesirables and the crime rate is what forced out some home owners to other parts of the city. West Kelowna is also a City - you might want to get your facts right before you post again.

I think he was just trying to stir up the pot a bit. I like comments like that. Gets the conversation moving. No one tells the truth unless they are mad
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2525 posts

Postby Fancy » Nov 30th, 2017, 7:41 am

Maybe but some people believe the silliest things too. Helps to read the news once in a while.

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Wave101 » Jan 18th, 2018, 8:39 am

West Kelowna crime is still going through the roof...

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216586
Wave101
Fledgling

Liked in: 149 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 18th, 2018, 8:42 am

I don't buy the "going through the roof". This happens because people don't take the simplest precautions. If everyone locked up all their stuff like they should the thieves wouldn't be coming back. This happens periodically just about everywhere - you just don't see it on the news all the time.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby TreeGuy » Jan 18th, 2018, 8:47 am

Wave101 wrote:West Kelowna crime is still going through the roof...

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#216586

“You figure you live in a decent area and you shouldn’t have to worry about leaving your vehicles locked every night and making sure your house is all locked up and secured like Fort Knox every night,” he said.

Because locking things up is hard.

It’s got nothing to do with Fort Knox and everything to do with common sense.

“You figure you live in a decent area” what does that even mean? Criminals travel to decent ares cuz those are the people with stuff worth stealing. They don’t come to my neighbourhood cuz we don’t have nice stuff.

Fancy likes this post.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 2376 posts

Postby nordhausen » Jan 18th, 2018, 9:20 am

I live in West Kelowna and have had things stolen, along with neighbours, ever since the bus interchange was put in on Elliot. The punks now have convenient (thank you, City) transportation back to Rutland or where ever.
nordhausen

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Jhunter199 » Jan 18th, 2018, 9:23 am

I don't know if i'd call it going through the roof. Maybe call it finally catching up to the likes of Kelowna, Penticton, and Vernon. The criminals were just late bloomers in West Kelowna.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Liked in: 341 posts

Postby Bpeep » Jan 18th, 2018, 9:25 am

Fancy wrote: This happens because people don't take the simplest precautions.

This happens because half the planet is on drugs. They refuse to make an honest living for themselves and there's minimum consequences for their illegal actions.
It appears like it is condoned more and more as time goes by.
Police aren't interested in solving property crimes.
Judges don't sentence harshly.

It'll only get worse.
If you are reading this, you are not Amish.

3 people like this post.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 9584 posts

Postby Fancy » Jan 18th, 2018, 9:33 am

Jhunter199 wrote:I don't know if i'd call it going through the roof. Maybe call it finally catching up to the likes of Kelowna, Penticton, and Vernon. The criminals were just late bloomers in West Kelowna.

These types of thefts have been happening for decades - just getting more publicity now.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Bpeep » Jan 18th, 2018, 9:38 am

They've been happening forever.
Just more frequently now.
If you are reading this, you are not Amish.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 9584 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan