BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agree?

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agr

Post by the truth »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
the truth wrote:i will take that as a complement , :smt045

It certainly was not intended ;)

says the cop hater
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

Who wants to be the first added to the queue? :D

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

the truth wrote:sorry officer he said he had a gun, so i defended my family ,

You watch too much American TV.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

There is a liquor store just a few doors down from proposed location, they actually have some of the cheapest prices around town. Also, Hein road is just a stone throw away. I am okay with the idea, I've come to terms with homeless and the lower class, it's something you will never be able to stop. The Audi dealership will not be affected one bit from this homeless housing, neither will any of the businesses. And if Bob doesn't like seeing homeless every time he gets his $60,000 Audi serviced he is welcome to trade it into BMW. :up:
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the truth wrote:https://okanaganedge.net/2017/12/06/supportive-housing-pushback/, can this city hall do anything right ,guess not

so i am watching colin basran on the news tonight ,how he's saying the city is talking to the local businesses in the area on how they are trying to work with the local businesses, ya talking after the pushback and not before you loser ,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ yup
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Ya I saw that too. No one mentioned that the businesses nearby might have lawyered up. LOL.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

They say, "Lack of objection, is implied consent".

They objected and did not give consent. If Nobody objected, the project would have proceeded and consent would have been given through lack of objection.

This tactic is typical for many companies and now used by city council. Best be aware of what is going around you at all times. Next thing you know there will be something you don't like being built right next door to you too.
Bring back the LIKE button.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

you bet they were going to get a lawyer, and now that coward basran is saying he is working with the businesses in the area , what a coward ,man up buddy ,just be honest and say you made a mistake
Last edited by the truth on Dec 12th, 2017, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003fxdl

Post by 2003fxdl »

I own a small business in the area... With the motel on hwy 97 in the exact same area being turned into supportive housing, one needs to wonder why this spot has been picked for this project. This is not an industrial area as some have suggested (I know half of you don't even know where it is, and you're forgiven since some of our council members didn't have a clue either).

I support helping the homeless and under-privileged and donate to these causes every year. Unfortunately there is no easy answer to the problem. Put 55 modular units in this location and more homeless will be on their way to Kelowna... Build it and they will come, especially with a city such as Kelowna (mild winters, beautiful summers and free housing). Greyhound tickets for everyone!

What do you do for work? What if something that could affect your livelihood was projected onto you? What would you do? Oh, your boss needs to lay you off because business dropped 25% over the last year since businesses are pulling the plug left, right and center around you? Too bad. Or maybe it's your business and you can't afford to pay the rent when business drops 25%? Too bad. The blood, sweat and tears you poured into your business don't matter because it's time to get a job.

Despite what some of you seem to think, not all of us are multi-millionaires that are worried about our "view" being obstructed or worrying about looking at homeless out our windows. This has real implications on real families.

When my business falls apart and I'm homeless I hope they build me a shack in your neighbourhood...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

well said, i am even willing to bet these modular homes will be there even longer than city hall is willing to say , if anything they might even be there to stay, mr barsan would never lie to us :200: [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] kelowna is the new destination for the criminal homeless junkies from across canada :cuss: :cuss:
2003fxdl

Post by 2003fxdl »

Count on them being there for 7 years (4 year lease and 3 year extension available to BC Housing) at least. I don't disagree with you that I think it will be a permanent fixture. The "temporary" part is nice to be able to throw out there when trying to get people to go along with the idea
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

kgcayenne wrote:
You forgot about those with a brain injury who have exasperated everyone around them because they have limited cognitive abilities and live with massive headaches and major fatigue. You also forgot about the ones who have been disabled due to injury and pain who got hooked on the Doctor-Dealer opiates for pain management.

You forgot about those. Yes, it could be you... a slip/fall, a car accident, and it could be you. That's all it takes, and it doesn't even have to be your fault.

I have not forgotten , far from it, I fit several of those, well..'cept the opiates deal, got myself off that :cuss:
through a diary of dosage and times taking less and extending time, till it was...never...

But I can never forget!

You're right It still can be be....Maybe even should by all accounts,, but.....
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

2003fxdl wrote:Count on them being there for 7 years (4 year lease and 3 year extension available to BC Housing) at least. I don't disagree with you that I think it will be a permanent fixture. The "temporary" part is nice to be able to throw out there when trying to get people to go along with the idea

that is exactly correct,
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
the truth wrote:i hope these waste of human skins come to my yard and try this

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_Criminal_Law/Offences/Uttering_Threats

Good luck staying out of jail when you make good on all your threats of beating homeless people who dare step foot on your lawn.

hope this helps http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/hom ... ders-court
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214197 shocker too many rules for the homeless for the project being built, never saw that coming---not--

Return to “Central Okanagan”