BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agree?

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: BC Housing for Homeless for Kelowna okay'ed! Did you agr

Post by Bpeep »

Now all the thieves are rich kids.
Makes me lol.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Pretty bad, wish I had the gonads to go homeless...

Not an easy life, BUT, I'd bet a dollar it's a cakewalk compared to
what many persevere to make it "not" happen !

Makes we wonder if dreams and aspirations are an endangered thing.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It appears possible new neighbours are NIMBY, until the building is much more appealing from outside at least.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

GordonH wrote:It appears possible new neighbours are NIMBY, until the building is much more appealing from outside at least.

Call a Spade a Spade....

Much like some developments, the building itself ends up little to do it.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

If the costs of living don't stop going up way faster then most paying jobs half of Kelowna will be homeless. No wonder why Kelowna and every other city in bc has a homeless problem. It's only going to get worse until things change. Minimum wage needs to go up to help with just the shear cost of living.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

alanjh595 wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:No, try becoming a real human being, compassion intact - fear and greed tossed into the abyss and make an effort to learn about individuals as opposed to pigeon holing human beings into your small minded ideas about life.
If truth be told, most of the prowlers and thieves at night are rich kids from the mission with nothing better to do.
Talk about pigeon holing someone based upon the geography of where they live. You are no better than the ones that you speak out about and chastise in public.
What evidence do you have to support your claim?

To promote the idea that thieves are homeless junkies is folly.
I don't have to promote the idea, it is a well documented fact, check the records of the people on the daily court records, it's right there and fully viewable for free, over the internet. Go ahead, look......Let me make it really easy for you, here's the link https://justice.gov.bc.ca/cso/esearch/c ... ySearch.do

Narrow mindedness is the cause of yours and your families fear, not the addicted homeless.

Since I have beaten, stomped, left bfor dead, bleeding in my own house, robbed of all of my tools of my trade, had my door kicked in, tires slashed, and truck windows smashed to steal a couple of CDs......You DAMN right! I live in fear.

I go to Safeway and have to hit my remote door lock 4 times during my 20 minute visit, just to make sure.

figure it out.

I grew up in the mission, I know from experience - at that time there was a teenage group of wealthy mission boys with big trucks, called themselves "the cowboys" wealthy, spoiled and bored. This group would terrorize, destroy and steal anything and everything - for excitement!

For as much as you provide a list there are thousands of names of wealthy and very wealthy individuals out there who have been charged with theft. too many to count.

So your argument or "proof" that the homeless are the problem when it comes to thieving, doesn't hold.

I am sorry to hear what happened to you, somehow I doubt that the person who did that to you was homeless. but I suppose you will make the claim that you have proof that they were homeless when they assaulted you and your life.

As for avoiding future events such as you have described, try a relationship with your creator. there is great protection in doing so.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

So your little group of friends that you knew once upon a time constitutes the fact in your head that the majority of thieves in kelowna are rich kids?
C'mon.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
643dpb

Post by 643dpb »

There are different 'types' of homeless:

1. The ones who are good, law abiding citizens with families that have come across hard times and can't afford a place to live in this market. They need help, definitely, this initiative would likely help these people greatly.

2. Addicted, entitled, disrespectful criminal thieves with no respect for the law, the people around them, or how their actions can affect others.

Unfortunately, both of these groups get lumped into one.

The way I see it, is that one group deserves the help, and I would gladly help these people out.

When the good people of our town fear for the safety and security of their home, their family, and their property because of the criminal junkie activity, why should they support this? Anyone who lives in the 'high risk' areas of town know that they are susceptible to this activity.

I have a very hard time being empathetic to the 'street people', simply not knowing if they are going to rob me, stab me, or thank me for the empties in my back yard.

Tough subject of course, but I have run out of sympathy, after many used syringes in the park beside our home have been found where our children play, enough is enough.

You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, don't feed them.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Okanagan Edge
Temporary housing for 7 years?
The temporary supportive housing project BC Housing plans to build in a Kelowna business park could stay in place for as long as seven years.

The project is part of a provincial government plan for several new supportive housing and shelter spaces in Kelowna, aimed at providing much-needed support for the city’s homeless.

https://okanaganedge.net/2017/12/08/tem ... g-7-years/
Bring back the LIKE button.
KevinJP
Fledgling

Post by KevinJP »

At least they could blend it in with the neighbourhood. From the pictures, they look like a bunch of construction trailers piled up two high. How much uglier can they get. It reminds me of those containers around Reid's Corner. What an eyesore!!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the new instant kelowna getto,crime rate in that area is going to sky rocket as soon as this place opens up
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Just like Herpes it only takes an instant to get it, and a lifetime to get rid of it.

I would suggest prophylactics to prevent contamination and from spreading.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

yup,must be [icon_lol2.gif]
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Suitable for the "How low does it go?" thread too. :-X

Nothing to do all day but scope out other people's nice stuff and go back later right? I wonder if he even realizes this is on Castanet for thousands to see. Maybe someone will recognize the bike and clothing and turn him in.

But what can be done with scum like this anyways?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Central Okanagan”