Pot shops operating without business licenses...

Re: Pot shops operating without business licenses...

Postby capleton » Dec 6th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Just keep it illegal. Whats the problem with that[/quote]

Why? prohibition does not work
capleton
Fledgling

Liked in: 33 posts

Postby CapitalB » Dec 6th, 2017, 1:05 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Just keep it illegal. Whats the problem with that

Its both ineffective and a huge waste of money, it also makes it significantly easier for young people to get it since a drug dealer won't ask to see their ID.
Lets get down to brass tacks and sourced facts.

All politicians lie.
CapitalB
Fledgling

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby steve mc » Dec 6th, 2017, 9:56 pm

putting a age limit on anything has no impact on keeping it out of kids using it.

2 people like this post.
steve mc

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby CapitalB » Dec 7th, 2017, 10:10 am

steve mc wrote:putting a age limit on anything has no impact on keeping it out of kids using it.

Pretty sure it has a bit more of an effect than having no age limit at all. I mean in one case its open to anyone to buy, in another they have to find someone who is willing to go somewhere and purchase a thing for them. Thats a bit more of a hurdle than not having that obstruction. I mean if thats your stance why bother regulating any substances at all? Legal illegal it apparently doesn't matter
Lets get down to brass tacks and sourced facts.

All politicians lie.
CapitalB
Fledgling

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby capleton » Dec 7th, 2017, 1:49 pm

steve mc wrote:putting a age limit on anything has no impact on keeping it out of kids using it.

Making it illegal hasn't stopped kids from using it, we have tried your way for 93 years and it has failed, seriously you prohibitionists have the worst arguments

maryjane48 likes this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Postby capleton » Dec 7th, 2017, 3:38 pm

It is pretty hilarious that prohibitionists like Anonymous and steve can't answer basic questions or respond to facts.

2 people like this post.
capleton
Fledgling

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 7th, 2017, 3:40 pm

capleton wrote:It is pretty hilarious that prohibitionists like Anonymous and steve can't answer basic questions or respond to facts.

God doesnt have them answers lol

weedlover likes this post.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2658 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Dec 7th, 2017, 3:45 pm

capleton wrote:It is pretty hilarious that prohibitionists like Anonymous and steve can't answer basic questions or respond to facts.

It's maybe because they have gainful employment and are dedicated to their jobs. They have no time to immediately reply to questions and satisfy your impatience.

Or maybe, they just don't feel that you are worthy of their immediate and undivided attention.

If you think that their lack of response is hilarious, then I suggest that the bong be put aside for awhile.
alanjh595
Übergod

Liked in: 1108 posts

Postby Anonymous123 » Dec 7th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Are you referring to me as a prohibitionist?
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 968 posts

Postby capleton » Dec 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm

Anonymous123 wrote:

Are you referring to me as a prohibitionist?

Yes, I am
capleton
Fledgling

Postby Anonymous123 » Dec 7th, 2017, 4:14 pm

I'll forgive you for that because you are new, but don't assume things. You know what they say when you assume, it makes an
a$$ u and me.

FYI: I have been ingesting cannabis in one form or another for well over 45 years. I am not a Prohibitionist. I do not agree with dispensaries or Compassion clubs once marijuana becomes legal. I would venture a guess that 90 to 95% of the current "licenses" allowing legal possession of marijuana are not for medicinal purposes. There are a some that are for legit medical purposes, and those should be dispensed through proper channels.
As I wrote earlier:
I applaud the BC Government on this decision. This is the best way to control legalized marijuana. If you want to open a store you will likely have to apply to BCLCB the same way liquor vendors have to.
We See
We Judge
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 968 posts

Postby capleton » Dec 7th, 2017, 4:28 pm

Anonymous123 wrote:I'll forgive you for that because you are new, but don't assume things. You know what they say when you assume, it makes an
a$$ u and me.

FYI: I have been ingesting cannabis in one form or another for well over 45 years. I am not a Prohibitionist. I do not agree with dispensaries or Compassion clubs once marijuana becomes legal. I would venture a guess that 90 to 95% of the current "licenses" allowing legal possession of marijuana are not for medicinal purposes. There are a some that are for legit medical purposes, and those should be dispensed through proper channels.
As I wrote earlier:
I applaud the BC Government on this decision. This is the best way to control legalized marijuana. If you want to open a store you will likely have to apply to BCLCB the same way liquor vendors have to.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up but you not supporting dispensaries isn't cool. You really think that a bunch of liquor bureaucrats should be handling cannabis, rather then people who were already involved in the cannabis industry?. Why shouldn't cannabis users go to a dispensary whether medical or not? Screw the stigmatization of weed, time to grow it and sell it everywhere.
capleton
Fledgling

Postby maryjane48 » Dec 7th, 2017, 6:42 pm

I can hardly wait to grow 4 trees :130: the govt will find out in short order colorado and wash state got it right .the lcbc route will be abandoned in not to distant future as the only way to make it not pay for criminals is to make it as cheap and easy to get legaly as possible .

This will start to be a voting issue and if you want to remain in power you best start listening or. Out you go :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2658 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 7th, 2017, 7:33 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 8th, 2017, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAKE ALBERTA GREAT AGAIN
Jflem1983
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1655 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 7th, 2017, 7:37 pm

Will landlords be able to stipulate a "NO grow" clause in a rental agreement? Not even four plants because four might turn into 10 or more.

I wonder how the count to four will go if officers get a call because someone has five, or six. Now they have to police a pot plant count?

And will businesses be able to act as a "person" like multibillion dollar corporations are treated as persons in the eyes of the law?

So four plants at home and four in the business?
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10804 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan