Pot shops operating without business licenses...

steve mc
Fledgling

Re: Pot shops operating without business licenses...

Post by steve mc »

there is no real testing done. wouldnt give it to my dog. they told me that how they test for quality by looking at it and burning it. checked with lic lab there was no way they wanted anything to do with it until its legal
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Appreciate the clarification - thanks.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote:How is the medicine safely regulated?

Agreed, what guarantee that this "medication" is not laced with Fentanyl?
Bring back the LIKE button.
westernrider
Fledgling

Post by westernrider »

It's so much better to buy your pot from a guy in the corner of a local bar. Trust him, it probably isn't laced with fentanyl. :135:
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

The city gave them a business license for 3yrs then yanked it for no reason. Do you think this is fair. The city even approved the location. Based on that they signed a lease, made building improvements, hired staff. The city dropped the ball on this one and it is going to cost the tax payers a lot of money. If they didn't want them there they should not have granted a license in the first place!
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

checked government test on medical marijuna was not suprized with high pesticide levels but was suprized with levels of fecal coliforms and e coli.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

I buy from a West Kelowna Dispensary. One of the products I use is from Baked Edibles. I have no reason to believe their products are unsafe.

If there is a problem with government testing what does that say about the government tested foods we eat?

https://bakededibles.ca/about-baked-edibles

We have the longest-running commercial medical cannabis bakery in Canada, based out of Victoria, BC. We source 100% of our cannabis from federally-licensed MMAR growers who have been growing cannabis in BC for over 20 years. This cannabis is tested for pesticides and other poisons by a Health Canada-approved lab before being extracted into the essential oil that we use every day in our products.

The only edibles production facility inspected and given permission to operate by a provincially-sanctioned regional health authority (VIHA - Vancouver Island Health Authority) - Download inspection reports here .
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

repost w/o naming names. thanks.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

steve mc wrote:I ask at a dispensray how they tested the product was told they did a visual and burn test dosnt get any better then that these clowns can go get real jobs.

Lol um they saw,you coming a mile away and gave you a answer you deserve [icon_lol2.gif]
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

how does your drug dealer test for quality?there has been no tests for quality since the beginning of time and no one has ever died from bad weed
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

ill tell ya right now the marijuana that health canada used to mail out to patients was the worst crap i have ever seen in my life.dispensaries are a huge step up from what the govt was doing before this.they sent out precut weed full of stems and sticks sometimes it smelled musty.it was utter garbage
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

The city gave a couple of these shops business licenses for 3yrs in a row knowing full well what the business was. As a matter of fact the bylaw approved the location. Not sure why they are doing this now especially since a West Kelowna city counselor is a frequent purchaser at one of these dispensaries. And why target 2 out of the 5? Does this counselor have a cousin or some other relative that is looking for a location? Just sayin?
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Weedlover said:

The city gave them a business license for 3yrs then yanked it for no reason. Do you think this is fair. The city even approved the location. Based on that they signed a lease, made building improvements, hired staff. The city dropped the ball on this one and it is going to cost the tax payers a lot of money. If they didn't want them there they should not have granted a license in the first place![/quote]

It is very unfortunate indeed (but does not surprise me in the least ) that the City dropped the ball and issued a license IN ERROR.

However it is not like a sale on cheese where the wrong price was advertised and the store gives it to you for the lower price anyways. Someone in the charge of issuing licenses in the City, presumably made a very large error and that error must now be set right. A business cannot be issued a license to sell something that is illegal. It does not matter that it will more than probably be legal in a few short months - it was not, and still is not legal, and therefore the license must be rescinded.

I'm guessing it is somewhat like when you try to do your due diligence with your tax return, being unsure of how to do something properly, phoning CRA (the grand-poo-bah of all things tax in Canada) and being given advice straight from the horses' mouth (well that's the part of the anatomy you thought it came from). A year later you find that you owe a zillion dollars for doing it the way they told you to and that the information from them was completely erroneous (and obviously came from the other end of the horse's anatomy). You have zero recourse. You can't touch CRA on any information they give you that might be incorrect.

Since the product being sold in this case was/is illegal, I would be very doubtful that the business owner would be able to go after the City for any losses it incurs from the yanking of it's premature license but you never know. Might be worth a trip to the lawyer.

Thing of it is - the person who applied for the license had to KNOW, OR OUGHT TO HAVE KNOWN (to paraphrase a term often used in legal mumbo-jumbo) that the product they were trying to peddle was illegal so they have to bear at least some of the blame for their own losses right? Didn't it even occur to them that it was very odd that the City would grant a license for something illegal and that they should maybe get a 2nd opinion (remembering that the City does make errors from time to time). Or did they leave grinning ear to ear with license in hand thinking they just pulled off the fastest one of the decade?
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

voice of reason wrote:how does your drug dealer test for quality?there has been no tests for quality since the beginning of time and no one has ever died from bad weed

I don’t know how old you are but I clearly remember in the ‘70s when the government of Mexico, under pressure from the US, sprayed paraquat (Gramoxone) on a bunch of weed.

The growers knew that this kills and visually affects :130: the plant immediately so they quickly harvested.....sold as Colombian Gold. I recall there were some deaths and certainly a lot of severely damaged and bleeding lungs. Bad PR for Mexican weed.

Edited to add: I did a quick Google search and could not find proof of deaths from that. Urban folklore at the time was that there were deaths.....scared the heck out of everyone.
You and 71 others Like this post

Return to “Central Okanagan”