9 months for raping his sister

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

9 months for raping his sister

Post by the truth »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213041 wt :swear: :swear: :cuss: :cuss: 9 months for raping his sister , that's it, this judge should be fired
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Post by dogspoiler »

Seems to me 9 years would be a little more appropriate.
Black Dogs Matter
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Once again the Canadian justice system does not give a damn about the victim.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-213041-1-.htm#213041 wt :swear: :swear: :cuss: :cuss: 9 months for raping his sister , that's it, this judge should be fired

I'm surprised he got jail time at all... what with no record and a first time offender.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

This guy needs therapy
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

His new jail buddies might give him some.
Black Dogs Matter
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

What a sick *bleep*. Imagine how he will treat none family members. “Oh” but he’s sorry! :swear:
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

dogspoiler wrote:His new jail buddies might give him some.

Just maybe give those jail buddies this item as a lasting memory of what he did to his sister:

Also excellent birth control

I have absolutely no compassion for this scum
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I believe that his 9 month sentence is going to be the easiest part of the rest of his life. He will NOT have an easy life behind bars, as he will be considered the lowest of the low by the prison population and will probably need to be placed in protective custody and segregated from the "Gen. Pop".

He will exit jail and have a "sexual predator/rapist" label on his forehead forever.
This label will disqualify him from ever obtaining a security clearance of any level for the rest of his life.
He will probably be prohibited from entering any establishment that sells liquor.
He will be on probation and under very strict conditions for many years. His face and identity will be well published on all media sources and everyone that sees him will avoid him.
He won't be able to be within 100 yards of any minor child.
He couldn't even get employment at a fast food restaurant, probably for life.
He definitely will never be able to have any type of contact with his "former" family.
Probably will not be allowed internet access, imposed by his parole/probation officer.

His life is over. Period. The legal/court/judicial system can only do so much. The rest will be handled by public system of justice.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

K so ron learning gets 19 years for drugs. But this guy gets 9 months for raping his sister.

*bleep*
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Firstly, the judge's hands were essentially tied (see quote)on this one and secondly I suspect we know far less about this case than the judge, so unless someone here was party to the details of the case, I suggest that we focus our outrage on something more productive. Maybe learn a bit about the legal system, how it works and law. The worst that will happen is that you see that these cases are rarely as black and white as so many people seem to think.
The nine-month sentence, along with two years of probation, was a joint submission by Crown prosecutor Mallory Tredennick and defence counsel Wade Jenson to Justice Brad Chapman.

Before someone decides to attack me for defending the guy, I'm not. Nor am I defending the sentence. I am simply saying that I don't know enough about the case to make a proper judgement call and I'm quite sure that none here do either. In the absence of more complete information, I would sooner defer to the experts, our legal system, than jump on a bandwagon and grab pitchforks.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 1st, 2017, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

^^^ don't need more then knowing the guy is child molester/rapist (sister was 14 years old)
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

^^^ That is what I was trying to say also but then not all of my comments/opinions come across as I had intended when I started them.
Between your post and mine, there will be middle ground, and this guy will be punished far worse than the justice system could ever inflict. Sometimes I wonder if the Canada justice system takes these criminals in and guards them for their own protection from the general public. Maybe by the end of their sentence the public rage will have simmered down and we don't hang him in a public square for all others to witness and call it justice.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

GordonH wrote:^^^ don't need more then knowing the guy is child molester/rapist (sister was 14 years old)

While you might be happy with such paltry information, I for one would like to know other circumstances before passing the kind of judgement others seem so willing to do. For instance, what if the perpetrator was severely mentally handicapped. I guess that wouldn't matter to you, but it's the kind of information a judge would like to consider before making a decision and also the kind of information which may be seen as too sensitive to release to the public since it could make it trivial to work out who the people involved are. There are other potentially mitigating factors and just because we don't know them doesn't mean that the judge doesn't. But it's okay, I'm sure it's far more likely that you know better than a judge, and the prosecutor.

Return to “Central Okanagan”