9 months for raping his sister

Jflem1983
Guru

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Post by Jflem1983 »

Verum wrote:
GordonH wrote:^^^ don't need more then knowing the guy is child molester/rapist (sister was 14 years old)

While you might be happy with such paltry information, I for one would like to know other circumstances before passing the kind of judgement others seem so willing to do. For instance, what if the perpetrator was severely mentally handicapped. I guess that wouldn't matter to you, but it's the kind of information a judge would like to consider before making a decision and also the kind of information which may be seen as too sensitive to release to the public since it could make it trivial to work out who the people involved are. There are other potentially mitigating factors and just because we don't know them doesn't mean that the judge doesn't. But it's okay, I'm sure it's far more likely that you know better than a judge, and the prosecutor.

Sorry this is posse and ropes type stuff. You can go on making excuses or reasoning all you like. People have every reason to be outraged.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Jflem1983 wrote:Sorry this is posse and ropes type stuff. You can go on making excuses or reasoning all you like. People have every reason to be outraged.

You don't need to apologise to me, though maybe the judge and the lawyers would be a good start.

It's more pitchforks and torches kind of stuff. You can excuse the mob mentality all you like. People have every reason to do more research before jumping to conclusions.

Glad to see that you can respond without resorting to libel this time :D
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

removed
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 1st, 2017, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: altered anothers quote.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Verum wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Sorry this is posse and ropes type stuff. You can go on making excuses or reasoning all you like. People have every reason to be outraged.

You don't need to apologise to me, though maybe the judge and the lawyers would be a good start.

It's more pitchforks and torches kind of stuff. You can excuse the mob mentality all you like. People have every reason to do more research before jumping to conclusions.

Glad to see that you can respond without resorting to libel this time :D

he was found guilty of raping a 14 year old girl, so ya pitchforks and torches is what he should get , or are hugs and kisses better for ya
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I'm curious to know why the Crown dropped the sexual assault charge. I can only speculate that the Crown's case consisted entirely of the victim's testimony (no other witnesses, no corroborating evidence) and the defendant was intending to simply deny the whole thing ("it never happened, she's crazy"). Accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge eliminates the risk of the defendant getting off completely. This happens a lot in court cases.

Also, the sentencing range for what the defendant is convicted of (sexual interference with a minor), is 30 days to 18 months. From what I can see, he only hits one aggravating factor, but all of the mitigating factors. Those are elements the judge HAS to consider in sentencing.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

same crap over and over again-----soft on crime, that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

JayByrd wrote:I'm curious to know why the Crown dropped the sexual assault charge. I can only speculate that the Crown's case consisted entirely of the victim's testimony (no other witnesses, no corroborating evidence) and the defendant was intending to simply deny the whole thing ("it never happened, she's crazy"). Accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge eliminates the risk of the defendant getting off completely. This happens a lot in court cases.

Also, the sentencing range for what the defendant is convicted of (sexual interference with a minor), is 30 days to 18 months. From what I can see, he only hits one aggravating factor, but all of the mitigating factors. Those are elements the judge HAS to consider in sentencing.

Yep, rape victims continue to be victims. Not only by the aggressor also by the courts.
So whats the motivation to report these types crimes if the guilty get off with just a slap on the wrist.
Meanwhile victim goes though lifelong issues because of this attack.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:
JayByrd wrote:I'm curious to know why the Crown dropped the sexual assault charge. I can only speculate that the Crown's case consisted entirely of the victim's testimony (no other witnesses, no corroborating evidence) and the defendant was intending to simply deny the whole thing ("it never happened, she's crazy"). Accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge eliminates the risk of the defendant getting off completely. This happens a lot in court cases.

Yep, rape victims continue to be victims. Not only by the aggressor also by the courts.
So whats the motivation to report these types crimes if the guilty get off with just a slap on the wrist.
Meanwhile victim goes though lifelong issues because of this attack.

Wrong. He admitted doing it. To his parents shortly after it happened.

I have no idea. But maybe that was a factor

I believe i do know a person who was in the courtroom today .

I will be very interested to hear his thoughts on this sickening ruling.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Wow, I'm sure glad the kid showed remorse for what he did. What would have happened if he didn't show remorse, a year of probation on top of the nine months? Don't imagine he'll be attending too many family Christmas get togethers in the future though.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

techrtr wrote:Wow, I'm sure glad the kid showed remorse for what he did. What would have happened if he didn't show remorse, a year of probation on top of the nine months? Don't imagine he'll be attending too many family Christmas get togethers in the future though.

the only reason they show remorse is to get less time, and the loser judges believe them every time :cuss:
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

the father should be doing 25 years for murdering his rapist son for touching his daughter
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Where did you hear he told his parent? She told her Pastor.
If the name is not published how would Prisoners know what you were doing time for?
I find the sentence too light.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

Wow, 9 months... At first, I honestly assumed it was just another Castanet typo and was supposed to be years...
Its amazing how broken our justice system has become.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

techrtr wrote:Don't imagine he'll be attending too many family Christmas get togethers in the future though.

Some awkwardness for sure.
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 2nd, 2017, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic/making it personal
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “Central Okanagan”