9 months for raping his sister

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 1st, 2017, 6:00 pm

Verum wrote:
GordonH wrote:^^^ don't need more then knowing the guy is child molester/rapist (sister was 14 years old)

While you might be happy with such paltry information, I for one would like to know other circumstances before passing the kind of judgement others seem so willing to do. For instance, what if the perpetrator was severely mentally handicapped. I guess that wouldn't matter to you, but it's the kind of information a judge would like to consider before making a decision and also the kind of information which may be seen as too sensitive to release to the public since it could make it trivial to work out who the people involved are. There are other potentially mitigating factors and just because we don't know them doesn't mean that the judge doesn't. But it's okay, I'm sure it's far more likely that you know better than a judge, and the prosecutor.



Sorry this is posse and ropes type stuff. You can go on making excuses or reasoning all you like. People have every reason to be outraged.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4445
Likes: 9602 posts
Liked in: 2518 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby Verum » Dec 1st, 2017, 6:06 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Sorry this is posse and ropes type stuff. You can go on making excuses or reasoning all you like. People have every reason to be outraged.

You don't need to apologise to me, though maybe the judge and the lawyers would be a good start.

It's more pitchforks and torches kind of stuff. You can excuse the mob mentality all you like. People have every reason to do more research before jumping to conclusions.

Glad to see that you can respond without resorting to libel this time :D
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
User avatar
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1225
Likes: 584 posts
Liked in: 921 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby GordonH » Dec 1st, 2017, 6:17 pm

removed
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 1st, 2017, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: altered anothers quote.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20436
Likes: 2272 posts
Liked in: 7145 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby the truth » Dec 1st, 2017, 6:53 pm

Verum wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Sorry this is posse and ropes type stuff. You can go on making excuses or reasoning all you like. People have every reason to be outraged.

You don't need to apologise to me, though maybe the judge and the lawyers would be a good start.

It's more pitchforks and torches kind of stuff. You can excuse the mob mentality all you like. People have every reason to do more research before jumping to conclusions.

Glad to see that you can respond without resorting to libel this time :D


he was found guilty of raping a 14 year old girl, so ya pitchforks and torches is what he should get , or are hugs and kisses better for ya
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14557
Likes: 9268 posts
Liked in: 5577 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby JayByrd » Dec 1st, 2017, 7:00 pm

I'm curious to know why the Crown dropped the sexual assault charge. I can only speculate that the Crown's case consisted entirely of the victim's testimony (no other witnesses, no corroborating evidence) and the defendant was intending to simply deny the whole thing ("it never happened, she's crazy"). Accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge eliminates the risk of the defendant getting off completely. This happens a lot in court cases.

Also, the sentencing range for what the defendant is convicted of (sexual interference with a minor), is 30 days to 18 months. From what I can see, he only hits one aggravating factor, but all of the mitigating factors. Those are elements the judge HAS to consider in sentencing.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.
User avatar
JayByrd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3210
Likes: 617 posts
Liked in: 1270 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby the truth » Dec 1st, 2017, 7:06 pm

same crap over and over again-----soft on crime, that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14557
Likes: 9268 posts
Liked in: 5577 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby GordonH » Dec 1st, 2017, 7:16 pm

JayByrd wrote:I'm curious to know why the Crown dropped the sexual assault charge. I can only speculate that the Crown's case consisted entirely of the victim's testimony (no other witnesses, no corroborating evidence) and the defendant was intending to simply deny the whole thing ("it never happened, she's crazy"). Accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge eliminates the risk of the defendant getting off completely. This happens a lot in court cases.

Also, the sentencing range for what the defendant is convicted of (sexual interference with a minor), is 30 days to 18 months. From what I can see, he only hits one aggravating factor, but all of the mitigating factors. Those are elements the judge HAS to consider in sentencing.


Yep, rape victims continue to be victims. Not only by the aggressor also by the courts.
So whats the motivation to report these types crimes if the guilty get off with just a slap on the wrist.
Meanwhile victim goes though lifelong issues because of this attack.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20436
Likes: 2272 posts
Liked in: 7145 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 1st, 2017, 7:49 pm

GordonH wrote:
JayByrd wrote:I'm curious to know why the Crown dropped the sexual assault charge. I can only speculate that the Crown's case consisted entirely of the victim's testimony (no other witnesses, no corroborating evidence) and the defendant was intending to simply deny the whole thing ("it never happened, she's crazy"). Accepting a guilty plea to the lesser charge eliminates the risk of the defendant getting off completely. This happens a lot in court cases.

Also, the sentencing range for what the defendant is convicted of (sexual interference with a minor), is 30 days to 18 months. From what I can see, he only hits one aggravating factor, but all of the mitigating factors. Those are elements the judge HAS to consider in sentencing.


Yep, rape victims continue to be victims. Not only by the aggressor also by the courts.
So whats the motivation to report these types crimes if the guilty get off with just a slap on the wrist.
Meanwhile victim goes though lifelong issues because of this attack.



Wrong. He admitted doing it. To his parents shortly after it happened.

I have no idea. But maybe that was a factor

I believe i do know a person who was in the courtroom today .

I will be very interested to hear his thoughts on this sickening ruling.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
User avatar
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4445
Likes: 9602 posts
Liked in: 2518 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 11:38 am

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby techrtr » Dec 1st, 2017, 9:46 pm

Wow, I'm sure glad the kid showed remorse for what he did. What would have happened if he didn't show remorse, a year of probation on top of the nine months? Don't imagine he'll be attending too many family Christmas get togethers in the future though.
techrtr
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 990
Likes: 81 posts
Liked in: 937 posts
Joined: Jul 5th, 2005, 7:47 am

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby the truth » Dec 1st, 2017, 11:24 pm

techrtr wrote:Wow, I'm sure glad the kid showed remorse for what he did. What would have happened if he didn't show remorse, a year of probation on top of the nine months? Don't imagine he'll be attending too many family Christmas get togethers in the future though.

the only reason they show remorse is to get less time, and the loser judges believe them every time :cuss:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14557
Likes: 9268 posts
Liked in: 5577 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby voice of reason » Dec 2nd, 2017, 12:01 am

the father should be doing 25 years for murdering his rapist son for touching his daughter
voice of reason
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 768
Likes: 2613 posts
Liked in: 786 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 12:40 pm

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby normaM » Dec 2nd, 2017, 6:56 am

Where did you hear he told his parent? She told her Pastor.
If the name is not published how would Prisoners know what you were doing time for?
I find the sentence too light.
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey

2 people like this post.
User avatar
normaM
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15506
Likes: 3909 posts
Liked in: 2405 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby Jhunter199 » Dec 2nd, 2017, 9:48 am

Wow, 9 months... At first, I honestly assumed it was just another Castanet typo and was supposed to be years...
Its amazing how broken our justice system has become.

2 people like this post.
Jhunter199
Fledgling
 
Posts: 289
Likes: 257 posts
Liked in: 341 posts
Joined: Apr 18th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby Even Steven » Dec 2nd, 2017, 1:33 pm

techrtr wrote:Don't imagine he'll be attending too many family Christmas get togethers in the future though.


Some awkwardness for sure.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2698
Likes: 177 posts
Liked in: 1940 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: 9 months for raping his sister

Postby common_sense_guy » Dec 2nd, 2017, 7:18 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 2nd, 2017, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic/making it personal
the smartest person in the room usually isn't the one talking the most but rather talking the least ;)
common_sense_guy
Fledgling
 
Posts: 163
Likes: 196 posts
Liked in: 126 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2017, 1:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], CommonCrawl [Bot], mikest2 and 5 guests