Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Bathrooms to be inclusive

Post by voice of reason »

hahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaa omg i hate this world
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

I like the comment, when on a air plane which washroom do you use? Really does it matter if it has men's or woman's on the door?

IF a woman wishes to use it, open the door. IF there is a male waiting inside, don't enter. Not certain what the issue is on this one. Sorry...
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Maybe the doors should be rainbow painted so all of the strange ones will be happy.
Black Dogs Matter
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

They should be considered inclusive of all, except prudes, who are still welcome, but who will whine incessantly about what the world is coming to, and how things were better in the good old days when they were free to openly discriminate, rape was never reported for feared damage to reputation, being gay was illegal, and beating your wife was what happened when she burnt dinner.
This is a small step forward and even still it will face significant opposition from certain quarters.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Everyone has a right to define their own gender? The article states. I guess, but I just looked down many years ago and it seems mine was already decided on.

But I could care less if there’s a man/woman image on the door or a dog for that matter. I feel sorry for woman though who have to use the same pee soaked floor as the men. Or pool of pee soaked floor. Not really sure how to describe the disgust that’s found in all men’s rooms.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Always Sunny
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Always Sunny »

Every time the gendered washroom debate comes up, I watch this.

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Hmmm wrote:Everyone has a right to define their own gender? The article states. I guess, but I just looked down many years ago and it seems mine was already decided on.

But I could care less if there’s a man/woman image on the door or a dog for that matter. I feel sorry for woman though who have to use the same pee soaked floor as the men. Or pool of pee soaked floor. Not really sure how to describe the disgust that’s found in all men’s rooms.

Lol - and most men are quite content, and happy for women to have their own garden of urinary refuge free of randomly deposited pools on the floors - as men clearly aren't concerned about the errant streams unleashed by an anatomically correct water wiggle. I also concur in my defining moment of gender recognition requiring nothing more than a glance towards ones shoelaces.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Clearly neither WWhite or Hmmm feel feminine inside and have a mismatched body.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Hmmm wrote:Everyone has a right to define their own gender? I don't see this 'Right' spelled out in the Charter. Could anyone point it out for me? The article states. I guess, but I just looked down many years ago and it seems mine was already decided on.

Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Rider59 wrote:
Hmmm wrote:Everyone has a right to define their own gender? I don't see this 'Right' spelled out in the Charter. Could anyone point it out for me? The article states. I guess, but I just looked down many years ago and it seems mine was already decided on.

I'm just quoting the article. Not sure your point.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Hmmm wrote:I'm just quoting the article. Not sure your point.

My point is that people keep talking about their phantom rights that don't actually exist.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
doorways

Post by doorways »

When using public restrooms, I care only about if the previous people sharing the facilities stood to pee, or sat down to pee. Humans that stand to pee (typically) deposit their urine on the floor, on the top of the seat and on the outside of the bowl. For me, gender doesn't even factor into it. Do you stand to pee? Or do you sit to pee? That is what I care about. Maybe new door icons could display stick figures standing vs stick figures sitting. Would work for me.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I'm so anal about using public restrooms ( zing) I want signage that says it is for ME only.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Hmmm wrote:Everyone has a right to define their own gender? The article states. I guess, but I just looked down many years ago and it seems mine was already decided on.

I really hate to pop your happy bubble but you've obviously never been a janitor have you ?

Women's washrooms are far more disgusting.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Central Okanagan”