Jailed for molesting daughter

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Jailed for molesting daughter

Post by GordonH »

ferri wrote:
The mother of a young girl who was molested by her father has taken issue with the judge's characterization that she doesn't think her daughter has suffered ill effects from her father's abuse.

Wow... I guess the judge must have a second job as a psychologist to know that. impo the judge is an idiot.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
whitecandle
Board Meister

Post by whitecandle »

Original article said ... While the victim's mother told the court that her daughter has not shown any ill effects because of the abuse, the daughter's victim impact statement told otherwise.

The updated article removed the lineo.
Remember yesterday. Dream tomorrow. Live like crazy today.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

vinnied wrote:that story is contradicting. first the story claims, the woman doesn't think her daughter has suffered ill effects from her father's abuse. but later on she actually says, "Of course there's ill effects".. the later being her exact quoted words. makes no sense. Bad reporting??

i was thinking the same thing
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Ok so just to clear things up.
It was in fact the judge who decided to speak for the mother in his opinion or characterization, saying "While the victim's mother told the court that her daughter has not shown any ill effects because of the abuse".
So then the updated story was basically for her clarifying that she never said that, and the judge was putting words into her mouth?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

This is more common than we want to admit. I know a woman who has been fighting for years to get her kids dad locked up. Courts keep protecting the bad guy.

Glad in this case a real jail term was handed out. Too bad it isnt a tall tree and a short piece of rope
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GO4it

Post by GO4it »

Of course she suffers from "ill effects" and will for the rest of her life. The mother needs to get her into counseling asap if she hasn't already. Talking to her about the abuse may be helpful but the child needs to have freedom to talk candidly with someone that is not a relative. The fact that she is an A student may be a way of trying to over compensate for what happened. The Judge IMHO has no idea what she has gone through and never will.

The mother said "She is an extraordinary women, she is very well-rounded, and very driven. She's this super-duper straight-A student ... She's determined not to be defeated, she knows what she's up against."

If my calculations are correct, she is an 11 or 12 year old CHILD not a woman.

His sentence should reflect hers.....life. Castration would be better.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Being sexually abused haunts you for the rest of your life no matter how well rounded you are or how good your grades are. A family member was sexually abused some 50 years ago when she was too young to remember, but she suffered from depression and emotional PTSD symptoms for no reason, or so she thought, until she learned in her 40s that her and her cousins were sexually abused by the creepy uncle who watched the kids when the parents were out.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Ken7
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Ken7 »

Very sad situation, I don't feel the sentence fits the crime.

Sadly many of these predators do not get caught as they groom the young persons to feel guilt. Hope general population catches up to him, which yes I know may not be the right way to look at this.

Return to “Central Okanagan”