Not in my backyard...

dle
Lord of the Board

Not in my backyard...

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#213380

What, exactly, is "supportive housing"? It looks very scary. Is it a prison? I don't blame the owners and business people of Mill Creek Commerce Park one bit for not wanting this ugly, behemoth of a ?building? in the midst of their livelihoods! I don't think their complaint has as much to do with it housing whoever it is supposed to be housing, as it has to do with it looking like some kind of jail, or place to do spooky experiments and wear tin hats! The people who are slated to live in it are probably thinking the same thing!

I don't know if "supportive housing" means free housing for the homeless, or low-cost housing for low-income families, or half-way housing for people coming out of jail, but this is the pits for anyone concerned.

The City of Kelowna has refused in the past to even allow any new mobile home parks to be built because one former councillor said something to the effect that it would bring down the standards of the City or some such thing - but this is supposed to be somehow a nicer thing to have? Ugh!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Not in my backyard...

Post by Fancy »

Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Fancy wrote:https://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=75824&start=75

Hi Fancy, I did see this article too but for some reason didn't think they were the same place so I posted to a new topic. I didn't know Mill Creek Commerce Park was the one in Rutland, I thought it was the one they were talking about in the north of town.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

alanjh595 brought it up the previous page.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”