Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Post by Bpeep »

Fancy wrote:best of all, it's all over the news.

And on the internet.
There's a permanent public documentation of it.
Now Billy and Sally can torment little Conrad non stop about their thieiving grandma.

Lol. Peeps are stupid.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

she should be smart, contact the police.. spin some " good neighbour safe keeping the parcel and be on her way.
My neighbours never get packages :p
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

I can't believe what that video reveals. Is this what this community has become? Possibly neighbours stealing from others? What an absolute lowlife. Watch as she casually kicks the parcel closer into the corner to provide more privacy as she scopes it out. Watch her breathing...panting and huffing as if she just ran a marathon. Obviously hyper-ventilating due to the stress of knowing what she's about to do.

She knows the parcel will never fit in the bag so she arranges the bag to cover the postal markings as well as possible to conceal the info it contains. She had plenty of time to consider her actions before taking it and her true colours dictated her choice.

I'm not so sure it's a women either. It could well be a man cleverly disguised as a woman and I use the term "women" loosely. Whatever it is, the repercussions will be felt and rightfully so. That was as low as it can get.
Someone has to say it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Exactly what model Cam do you think was used on that door? Looks like something inside the residence door, seems to work great. I get parcels all the time just dropped off, like to get one.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

jimmy4321 wrote:Exactly what model Cam do you think was used on that door? Looks like something inside the residence door, seems to work great. I get parcels all the time just dropped off, like to get one.

There's a camera like this on sale at Costco, I was checking it out just few days ago.

https://www.costco.ca/Ring-Video-Doorbe ... 91629.html
Over-Easy

Post by Over-Easy »

I also was looking for the type of camera he used. It is a door peephole camera that has wifi and connects to his router I expect. But his has very high res. Very impressed. Would love to find his model number and order a few.

You can google door peephole camera's and find many but as mentioned, his has very high res.
Rico

Post by Rico »

Hey everyone,

I'm Nick, I was the one who reported the lady stealing packages from my door to Castanet.

Still haven't found out who she is, Possibly a neighbor. She opened the package but must have not liked what was inside (some storage containers)

To those asking about what camera I have, Its a Ring Pro Video Doorbell, Works pretty well and takes great video and audio. Also allows two way communication. Highly Recommended!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

normaM wrote:she should be smart, contact the police.. spin some " good neighbour safe keeping the parcel and be on her way.
My neighbours never get packages :p

She should sit in traffic licking her palm until police pick her up and check her into the mcnair ward.
It'll be enough to absolve her of anything criminal, and she'll be back home on Monday.
Her and I can play crib together all weekend.
We have cinnamon buns.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Thanks Nick :) I want one ( hint to my secret Santa)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

We're doing Secret Santa this year? I want diamonds, perfume, new pjs and what Nick described.

Please and Thank you.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

I've done this before for my own neighbour when a parcel was dropped off and I knew they were away or not home; however the "opening" of the parcel is a red flag that she meant to steal it; had no business opening it if not addressed to her.

What really bugs me is why these delivery companies (the truck appeared to be a P_rolator) leave things (this driver didn't even try the doorbell). Every delivery company should have a depot where you go to pick things up if not home. Canada Post for the most part does leave a note to do this if nobody home.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

pentona wrote:I've done this before for my own neighbour when a parcel was dropped off and I knew they were away or not home; however the "opening" of the parcel is a red flag that she meant to steal it; had no business opening it if not addressed to her.

What really bugs me is why these delivery companies (the truck appeared to be a P_rolator) leave things (this driver didn't even try the doorbell). Every delivery company should have a depot where you go to pick things up if not home. Canada Post for the most part does leave a note to do this if nobody home.

Anything I send by courier needs a signature, can't just drop it off for anyone to pickup.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
pentona
Übergod

Post by pentona »

GordonH wrote:
Anything I send by courier needs a signature, can't just drop it off for anyone to pickup.

That's the safest method; requiring a signature though I think you pay a little more for that (likely worth it). I have to wonder if these boneheads drivers who don't even try to see if someone is home, get paid by the package, not the hour. They are always in a huge rush.; appears to be quantity vs quality with these types.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I always track packages myself - coming or going.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
monroe
Übergod

Post by monroe »

Rico wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm Nick, I was the one who reported the lady stealing packages from my door to Castanet.

Still haven't found out who she is, Possibly a neighbor. She opened the package but must have not liked what was inside (some storage containers)

To those asking about what camera I have, Its a Ring Pro Video Doorbell, Works pretty well and takes great video and audio. Also allows two way communication. Highly Recommended!

We've got one as well. Anyone looking at them, just be sure that youve got good bandwidth. I know some rural areas may not be able to stream thieves stealing :)
Also be sure youve got the standard 14-16 volt door bell so that your Ring will plum into your existing connection. If not youll need their ringer.
Ring is a great company to deal with.
" ... Kind of weird but hey, weird is normal on castanet " - LANDM

Return to “Central Okanagan”