Mail ransacked, gifts gone

GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Post by GordonH »

I never send boxed/any gifts in the mail, I've always used Greyhound parcel service. Parcels have always made it to the destination intact. Gift cards by courier with insurance.
All I ever send via Canada post is christmas & birthday cards (nothing inside beside a personal note) to those not on the Internet.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I've had good luck with Canada Post - the parcels must be signed for.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

GordonH wrote:I never send boxed/any gifts in the mail, I've always used Greyhound parcel service. Parcels have always made it to the destination intact. Gift cards by courier with insurance.
All I ever send via Canada post is christmas & birthday cards (nothing inside beside a personal note) to those not on the Internet.

I have never had a problem with Canada Post delivering parcels from here to Ontario. Lady at the postal outlet always says 7-10 days for delivery - the parcels are usually there in 5 days. In 2016 I mailed 16 parcels and so far this year 17.
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Dec 14th, 2017, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
tsayta
Lord of the Board

Post by tsayta »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 14th, 2017, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.
WW
RustyCrayon
Board Meister

Post by RustyCrayon »

GordonH wrote:I never send boxed/any gifts in the mail, I've always used Greyhound parcel service. Parcels have always made it to the destination intact. Gift cards by courier with insurance.

I used to be a fan of shipping with Greyhound as well. Unfortunately a friend had a number of packages go missing when they were shipped from Vancouver to Kamloops using Greyhound a few years ago.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Bubalouie wrote:They had a note posted on their mail boxes from CP saying they wouldn't be delivering until the boxes were fixed and that was the "owners" responsibility, the owner then added a message saying he was having a lock smith come.......3 weeks ago.

I'm talking about the other ones in West Kelowna.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

I think there are a few career criminals circulating around Kelowna, cleverly planning out crimes. We have had several large packages delivered this week (I subscribed to Amazon Prime). Yesterday, I noticed that the delivery truck had a car behind it as it went down the street opposite my house. When the truck circled the block and stopped in front of my house, the same car was behind. It had pulled over a couple houses behind the truck. Well you’d better believe I ran down and grabbed that box, and stared down that driver! He had gotten out and was talking on his cell phone. Super shady.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214076
Here's another loser helping herself to someone's delivery.
Lady, you're a real winner.
And by the end of today all your neighbors and family will know what a loser you are.
Lol.
That was pretty stupid.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

If you do ship with CP, and you do the two day delivery, make sure you keep your receipt and track it, you get your money back if it isn't delivered in two days.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Bman wrote:That was pretty stupid.

Intelligence is not usually high on the list for these types.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Maybe she was looking at regifting to someone else until she realized what was in the package. Not everyone would appreciate computer parts or lightbulbs (for example) so she returned it. She'll get outed.
W105
Guru

Post by W105 »

I never thought of that Fancy...I thought maybe her conscience got the best of her so that's why she gave it back...but I bet you are right...what she found in the package was most likely useless to her..

how stupid and how embarrassing...she is obviously old enough to know better...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Anyone over the age of 7 is old enough to know better.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:Maybe she was looking at regifting to someone else until she realized what was in the package. Not everyone would appreciate computer parts or lightbulbs (for example) so she returned it. She'll get outed.

Maybe they should start labeling packages. "Useless junk inside"
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

It's been said many times..... can't fix stupid
As well those who steal are as :cuss: holes
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”