Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Mail ransacked, gifts gone

Post by Fancy »

techrtr wrote:Are you kidding me? It's not that difficult. This isn't the 1950's. Doers get things done -...

lol - so not even a suggestion (personal remark removed). Think about it and then keep in mind home delivery has been cut because of costs.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Zoso wrote:There needs to be healthy rewards for turning people in . Like 5000+ . There is no honor among them and how much is it worth to round up these pukes and publicly humiliate them . The amount of man hours for cops to drive in circles could be spent rewarding the people to bring it together .

public caning when caught
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

When we were forced into using mailboxes instead of traditional postman delivery and pickup, I knew there were going to be issues. Our mailbox is on a little used (at night) road, no lights and a fair distance to nearest house so naturally it was the target of mail thiefs immediately.

No longer do I send cards or gifts, a phone call will have to do until we meet again.

Guaranteed this situation is going to get worse with so many with time on their hands but no cash in their pockets.

Merry Christmas crooks and Canada Post. :-X
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Kelo_Can613
Fledgling

Post by Kelo_Can613 »

Cameras would never work unless they are at eye-level. Otherwise all you'd see is the top of the crook's head.

Bait mail is one solution and has been successfully used in the past to catch mail thieves. See below:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... -bait-mail
Last edited by Kelo_Can613 on Dec 13th, 2017, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Better to retrieve the mail before it becomes stolen. The thieves don't normally operate during the day when they are highly visible.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Kelo_Can613 wrote:Cameras would never work unless they are at eye-level. Otherwise all you'd see is the top of the crook's head.

Bait mail is the solution and has been successfully used in the past to catch mail thieves. See below:

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/1 ... -bait-mail

great idea too bad these people ,get to walk out of jail the next day on a promise to appear for a court date a year later, and they also promise never to do it again [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
bidwell2
Fledgling

Post by bidwell2 »

What should really happen, if these guys get caught, is they are forced to walk up and down main street all weekend with signs around their necks, and the signs say 'we stole your Christmas Gifts'. In fact, you do this when they first start stealing, usually in high school. That's pretty much what happened to me when I was a kid, and I never did it again.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

01f13stocks-485953.jpg

We need to bring these back!
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
mycomments

Post by mycomments »

Wonder if any connection to the guy in motorhome who living in the bush in Trepainer Park since the summer? Been a few break ins and mail box theft in the area since then.
Bubalouie
Guru

Post by Bubalouie »

Mailboxes in Gallaghers and others in SE Kelowna have been broken into. Canada Post won't do anything about it as they are on "private" land, it's up to the strata to fix them. Some are now going on 2 weeks without mail, they have to go to the place downtown which is only open 10 - 2 and barely any parking.
jiva

Post by jiva »

The police and the Post Office are not going to take any proactive action to curtail these thefts. Does in not make a lot of sense to post a notice on every community mail box:

"THEFTS FROM MAIL BOXES OCCURRING DAILY IN KELOWNA AND AREA. RECOMMEND THAT YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE REMOVE YOUR MAIL EVERY DAY. NO MAIL IN BOXES........NO MORE THEFTS"

This would be the least the Post Office can do for us. Otherwise, take charge and place notice yourself.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Canada Post has already issued statements advising removing mail from post boxes daily. People shouldn't need to be beat over the head with it.

There is a meeting today that hopefully will result in answers.
noremac

Post by noremac »

At what point do we point the finger directly at Canada Post? Who accepted a mailbox design that a 6 year old could pry open? How about building a box that is at least at challenge to get into. We put our trust in Canada Post to provide "secure" mail boxes when they stopped door to door delivery and what we got were boxes that seem to be designed by people who work with paper and glue! We made safes in High School Metal Shop that were more secure than these "SUPER BOXES" worth thousands of $$$. How many Community Mail Boxes get broken into every year? How many people, right now, are having to drive ridiculous distances to pick up their mail? Guaranteed it would be a lot less if we had secure mail boxes. Just the humble opinion of a Westsider who has to drive to Baillie Ave. in Kelowna to get the mail. Second time in 2 months. Thanks Canada Post!!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'm wondering how many people don't realize there isn't mail delivery right now in some areas - there's no notices yet (probably tomorrow).
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

People can blame canada post all they want, but imo they should be blaming the thieves.
Catch the bastrs and stick them in a big bullpen with all the drink drivers, wife beaters, armed robbers, tattooed gangsters, pimps and junky thieves and let em wait a week for their first court appearance.

Start the process of correcting societies thinking.

If the punishment of the first deterrent doesn't work and they get a theft conviction again, lock em up for two years.

Look what the hell is happening out there.
My mailbox isn't locked.
Those shouldn't have to be either.
But if I caught someone stealing from my mailbox I'd beat him about the knees with a bat so bad he'd have to take a taxi to the next place he ever wanted to steal from.

It's not ok to steal mail.
Why isn't stealing mail a federal offence that carries a lengthy minimum?

It's not canada posts fault.
It's the thieves.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Return to “Central Okanagan”