Sidewalks

Jflem1983
Guru

Sidewalks

Post by Jflem1983 »

Side walks are seriously lacking .

I notice the city makes people who split a lot build side walks.
Why did the city never think to build them.
Dodsland Sask. Population 200. Has sidewalks!
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
kgcayenne
Buddha of the Board

Re: Sidewalks

Post by kgcayenne »

This city has been full of cheap bustarrrrrds since the beginning.
"without knowledge, he multiplies mere words."
Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Jflem1983 wrote:Side walks are seriously lacking .

I'm gathering you are talking about Kelowna, but in the Category "Central Okanagan", it could be West Kelowna, ? Peachland ??

Might be a thought for all to Headline topes with areas/locations "Kelowna - Sidewalks", "West Kelowna - Sidewalks"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

my5cents wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Side walks are seriously lacking .

I'm gathering you are talking about Kelowna, but in the Category "Central Okanagan", it could be West Kelowna, ? Peachland ??

Might be a thought for all to Headline topes with areas/locations "Kelowna - Sidewalks", "West Kelowna - Sidewalks"

Speaking of the mission for the most part but its all parts of town. Everywhere else i have ever been every residential street has side walks. Here they are rare
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Newer subdivisions have seen developers putting in sidewalks. City of West Kelowna has put in sidewalks in multiple areas.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

rutland needs more sidewalks,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

We, the homeowners on our street, paid for the sidewalk on our street.

No other City Taxpayer was on the hook.

Know what ?

A large portion of the pedestrians still walk down the street.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

That is so the pedal bikes have a nice clear path... :up:
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
dirtguy
Board Meister

Post by dirtguy »

Fancy wrote:Newer subdivisions have seen developers putting in sidewalks. City of West Kelowna has put in sidewalks in multiple areas.

The city makes it mandatory to install curbs/sidewalks with any new development, its mostly WFN that has been installing sidewalks on existing roads
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:That is so the pedal bikes have a nice clear path... :up:

Not with all the cars and trucks parked on it and across it at the Airbnb's.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
birdsandbeetles

Post by birdsandbeetles »

There are no sidewalks on our street and it is dangerous. We're on a school bus route, there are a ton of pedestrians including young families and there's quite a lot of traffic for a residential street. Part of what makes it dangerous for pedestrians is having to maneuver around the parked cars which puts you in the direct path of moving vehicles. Cars park as far off to the side as they can (for obvious reasons), but then there's often no space for pedestrians to squeeze past (due to fences, vegetation, large rocks, etc).The pedestrians end up having to go around the cars into the middle of the street which is totally unsafe, especially for parents pushing strollers or walking with toddlers and young kids. It isn't just the odd car either. Our street is mostly multi-family dwellings so there are cars parked everywhere. I've thought about writing to the city about this, but would it make a difference?
Last edited by birdsandbeetles on Dec 13th, 2017, 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

What makes it dangerous is drivers not slowing down in a populated congested area.
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Downtown the sidewalks are blocked in many places by the overgrown old growth vegetation from older properties.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
kelbear25
Fledgling

Post by kelbear25 »

Compared to other places I've lived, the sidewalks and street lighting infrastructure in kelowna and west kelowna are really lacking. Even where there are sidewalks they tend to just randomly end, or switch sides of the road. I guess its still that rural orchard town infrastructure in many areas.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:What makes it dangerous is drivers not slowing down in a populated congested area.

To cross my road. I have to run. No side walks. Rarely see a walker or a bike. Wonder why.

Return to “Central Okanagan”