50915

Traffic fines should not go to the city

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby KelownaCrackinCrew » Dec 16th, 2017, 12:06 am

We are living in such a sheltered world, people are getting too soft I feel bad for future generations. The good ol days are long gone.

Ken7 likes this post.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling
 
Posts: 188
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 158 posts
Joined: Apr 6th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby my5cents » Dec 16th, 2017, 6:30 am

fz6adventure wrote:Spent the $100 and buy a dash cam

Dash cams are great for proof AFTER an incident they are a reactive tool.

Properly, effectively monitoring driving and taking effective action to removed and re-educate bad drivers is proactive.

Some have taken my idea to monitor driving as a program similar to photo radar. Not true, I don't think PR works at all.

To start with we need better, more effective standard traffic enforcement, then add to that an effective system to identify the problem driver.

Right now we've got police applying thr IRP to drivers who have been involved in collisions, contrary to policy.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3437
Likes: 678 posts
Liked in: 1022 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby Ken7 » Dec 16th, 2017, 7:57 am

fz6adventure wrote:
The beauty of freedom is that you are able to make that choice - pay the fine and get back to the office to make a little more for the next one. I'll choose a different path because I disagree with the process and believe the Charter is the overriding law of the land rather than the stop gap ones the government of the day thinks is palatable and a revenue generator.


I see truly no sense discussing law with you! I do have to ask, graduated from Law or self taught?

my5cents likes this post.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6284
Likes: 3420 posts
Liked in: 2377 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby fz6adventure » Dec 16th, 2017, 9:25 am

Ken7 wrote: I do have to ask, graduated from Law or self taught?


Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.

In another forum topic regarding the City of Kelowna full time video surveillance, I posted a form people can use to request copies of pictures and video of themselves that the City of Kelowna records 24/7. Ill attach a copy of the form here for your information.
Attachments
FOI Form - Images and video.jpg

Jflem1983 likes this post.
fz6adventure
Board Meister
 
Posts: 404
Likes: 543 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby Ken7 » Dec 16th, 2017, 9:36 am

fz6adventure wrote:
Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.



That is what makes Canada great, you are entitled to have a opinion and openly express it.

Canadian law is there to protect the common man / woman.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6284
Likes: 3420 posts
Liked in: 2377 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby fz6adventure » Dec 16th, 2017, 9:37 am

Ken7 wrote:
fz6adventure wrote:
Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.



That is what makes Canada great, you are entitled to have a opinion and openly express it.

Canadian law is there to protect the common man / woman.


Agreed 1000%
fz6adventure
Board Meister
 
Posts: 404
Likes: 543 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby Ken7 » Dec 16th, 2017, 9:47 am

fz6adventure wrote:

In another forum topic regarding the City of Kelowna full time video surveillance, I posted a form people can use to request copies of pictures and video of themselves that the City of Kelowna records 24/7. Ill attach a copy of the form here for your information.


Just for your information Law isn't new to me. But thanks.
User avatar
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6284
Likes: 3420 posts
Liked in: 2377 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 4:09 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby fz6adventure » Dec 16th, 2017, 9:54 am

Ken7 wrote:
Just for your information Law isn't new to me. But thanks.


Nice to have a lawyer participating in these forums - thank you! I look forward to more of your trained insight on not only this, but other controversial topics.
fz6adventure
Board Meister
 
Posts: 404
Likes: 543 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby my5cents » Dec 16th, 2017, 10:00 am

fz6adventure wrote:Neither .....just savvy on what my rights are under the Charter. Having a camera trained on you, be it your face or licence plate is, in my opinion, a violation of privacy.

In another forum topic regarding the City of Kelowna full time video surveillance, I posted a form people can use to request copies of pictures and video of themselves that the City of Kelowna records 24/7. Ill attach a copy of the form here for your information.

The topic is "Traffic Fines Should not go to the City"

Your talking about 24/7 video surveillance by the City of Kelowna, then you go on to say "be it your face or your license plate"

You then talk about an FOI request to the city.

As far as I knew Kelowna backed down on the DT cameras, is that not the case ?

As for photos of your plates be that from the existing red traffic light program or the abandoned photo radar program, neither were or are administered or controlled by the city.

So what has this got to do with Kelowna ?

I understand your concern about having your photo taken, because, as you know photo's invite bad spirits into your brain, that's why I drive with a tin foil hat on.

Nice picture of the FOI form but if you seek information regarding traffic cameras, you won't get it from the city of Kelowna.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Ken7 likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3437
Likes: 678 posts
Liked in: 1022 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby my5cents » Dec 16th, 2017, 10:18 am

fz6adventure wrote:Nice to have a lawyer participating in these forums - thank you! I look forward to more of your trained insight on not only this, but other controversial topics.

[icon_lol2.gif] What did you say that prompted such an insult Ken ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

2 people like this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3437
Likes: 678 posts
Liked in: 1022 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby fz6adventure » Dec 16th, 2017, 10:20 am

my5cents wrote:As far as I knew Kelowna backed down on the DT cameras, is that not the case ?


Nope, there are more than ever and now they will be monitored 24/7 .....courtesy of your property tax dollars!

Jflem1983 likes this post.
fz6adventure
Board Meister
 
Posts: 404
Likes: 543 posts
Liked in: 431 posts
Joined: Feb 25th, 2007, 5:43 pm

Re: Traffic fines should not go to the city

Postby my5cents » Dec 16th, 2017, 2:47 pm

fz6adventure wrote:
Nope, there are more than ever and now they will be monitored 24/7 .....courtesy of your property tax dollars!

Thats great, the more the better.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"

Ken7 likes this post.
my5cents
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3437
Likes: 678 posts
Liked in: 1022 posts
Joined: Nov 14th, 2009, 3:22 pm

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests