Rail Trail dog poop

bcrichard38

Rail Trail dog poop

Post by bcrichard38 »

I frequently walk the rail trail between Lodge Rd and Woodsdale Rd, that's 1 Km and in the last few weeks there has been a marked increase in some dog walkers not picking up their dogs poop. Yesterday I counted 20 "deposits" in that 1 Km stretch and all of them were left across all walking areas of the trail (had to keep eyes down and focused to avoid steping in it) I know what bear and coyote skat looks like, and all this was definitely left by dogs.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Rail Trail dog poop

Post by Bsuds »

Not just there but everywhere! It seems that dog owners think that when there is snow or leaves to cover things up that they can forgo picking up after their pets.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Bsuds wrote:Not just there but everywhere! It seems that dog owners think that when there is snow or leaves to cover things up that they can forgo picking up after their pets.

God help us if this lot has kids!
Waste not
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

I step in some yesterday while walking my dog I have never not picked up after mine always pack extra bag in case someone needs one. I stopped picking up others, getting to old to bend over.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I walk my dogs in the bush so I don't have to pick it up
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

steve mc wrote:I stopped picking up others,

You would need a large garbage bag and a truck to carry it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
phasyluck
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by phasyluck »

LTD wrote:I walk my dogs in the bush so I don't have to pick it up
. Thats what I used to do too when I was still living in the area :biggrin:
Sure do love Rutland!!
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

All over trail at Vernon end too. Problem is dogs are off leash so they run ahead or behind and the owner has no idea they pooped or don't care.
I'm just waiting for an off leash dog to wipe out a cyclist and injure them.
OldBlindDog
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by OldBlindDog »

The Rail Trail? You must mean every trail. I like dogs, but the modern day, entitled, off leash having, non poop picking up, I love my dog more than I love people dog worshipers - BLAH! You just give decent dog owners a bad name.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Soon enough there will be signs advising that dogs are to be on leash and little bag dispensers on the rail trails, which only work for the un-entitled.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

OldBlindDog wrote:The Rail Trail? You must mean every trail. I like dogs, but the modern day, entitled, off leash having, non poop picking up, I love my dog more than I love people dog worshipers - BLAH! You just give decent dog owners a bad name.

I love my dogs more than most people....but I do pick up after them :biggrin:
Not Bob
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Not Bob »

Call the idiot mayor in Lake County and ask when they are going to build a real dog park in the community, then maybe people will not be walking their dogs on the mayor's precious rail trail.
"You're not really dead until there's no one who thinks about you any more." - Bertolt Brecht ~
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Not Bob wrote:Call the idiot mayor in Lake County and ask when they are going to build a real dog park in the community, then maybe people will not be walking their dogs on the mayor's precious rail trail.

What does having a dog park (or an idiot mayor for that matter) have to do with picking up after your dog? I suspect that those that do not pick up (and there are many of those type of dog owners in Lake Country) don't really care if they're on the trail or at a dog park, if they can get away with it.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Yes people leave their dog poop on every trail including the sidewalk in front of my house or my favorite they bag it but leave the bag on the street, trail etc. And before someone says they leave it so they can pick it up on the way back I've seen the same bag of poop for days.
The difference with off leash on the rail trail is it will seriously injure a cyclist and the dog. I've already saw a dog wipe out a cyclist on the trail. I love dogs but hate idiot owners.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I feel the same way about idiot cyclists there's always gonna be a few apples out there

Return to “Central Okanagan”