House arrest for $50K theft

normaM
The Pilgrim

Re: House arrest for $50K theft

Post by normaM »

Oh she knows where the money went - she needs to repay the full amt.
She used white out? Feel sorry for the Business Owner
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

Chances are she will never be able to come up with even the $200 per month.
If nothing else she will think twice before she pulls a stunt like that again.
As far as the victim impact statement goes, buddy has every right to overstate his loss, I would.
I have been dicked out of tens of thousands of dollars over the years by clients who would not pay their bills, it does not feel good.
Waste not
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

onestop67 wrote:
Bman wrote:It's not enough.
I sit around the house doing whatever I want to all day and I enjoy it.
And I didn't do anything wrong.
Maybe I shouldn't give bsuds 10 k.
I'll give him 28 hun.
Nah.
3 grand. I kinda like him.

She didn't sit around the house...she was at Capal's office using whiteout on old style paper ledgers to cover her tracks. That must be labour intensive. He should have to pay her overtime for that, before she has to repay anything.

Her punishment is she gets to sit at home.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

50k to stay home. Soundd like a good job
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

lesliepaul wrote:The chance in this case of getting your money back is slim to none because there is nothing this woman has to collect from. Now this is different when the parties that have "extorted" or "stolen" the money HAVE money but have pretty much told you to go :cuss: yourself. Calling the police and hoping the court system helps you get what is yours back usually comes up short if even any success is achieved. In many cases where the owing party has money and assets, all it may take are a couple of phone calls and as little as $500 in cash to get what is owing to you. Professionals in collecting call it "persuasion" and results are usually pretty good.

Worse than slim to non chance! My low life kid clipped me for 70K a few years ago and it finally ended up in Supreme Court. A lot of good that did because all I can do is garnishee his wages. That is,if he works at a legitimate job instead of his usual cash under the table deals. Even then it's endless trips to the court house in Penticton to file every time I find out where he's working, trips to Kelowna to find and serve him or pay to have him served, and on and on.
He doesn't own a thing; leased car, lives with mommy, etc, etc. and I suspect I'm not the only one
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

lesliepaul wrote:The chance in this case of getting your money back is slim to none because there is nothing this woman has to collect from. Now this is different when the parties that have "extorted" or "stolen" the money HAVE money but have pretty much told you to go :cuss: yourself. Calling the police and hoping the court system helps you get what is yours back usually comes up short if even any success is achieved. In many cases where the owing party has money and assets, all it may take are a couple of phone calls and as little as $500 in cash to get what is owing to you. Professionals in collecting call it "persuasion" and results are usually pretty good.

Lol. Good luck finding a collector for 500 cash unless its a 1000 dollar debt. Heres the kicker. If they cant the money out of whoever. They often go to the person who sent them on a bad job and get the money.
Last edited by Jflem1983 on Dec 28th, 2017, 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Clipper wrote:

Worse than slim to non chance! My low life kid clipped me for 70K a few years ago and it finally ended up in Supreme Court. A lot of good that did because all I can do is garnishee his wages. That is,if he works at a legitimate job instead of his usual cash under the table deals. Even then it's endless trips to the court house in Penticton to file every time I find out where he's working, trips to Kelowna to find and serve him or pay to have him served, and on and on.
He doesn't own a thing; leased car, lives with mommy, etc, etc. and I suspect I'm not the only one

Ouch to 70k. Thats a horrible thing for a kid to do to u. Some peoples kids !

Return to “Central Okanagan”