Three dead in Rutland

Re: Three dead in Rutland

Postby the truth » Dec 26th, 2017, 2:03 pm

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 26th, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rules are rules. Feel free to go elsewhere.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

3 people like this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4689 posts

Postby GordonH » Dec 26th, 2017, 2:26 pm

Everyone should be responsible for their actions i.e committing murder
With or without a mental illness issue, someone was killed by the hands of a guilty party.

If found guilty by the Court of Law, should serve the full 25 year sentence either in prison (those without mental illness) or mental illness facility if they have a mental illness.
(More then 1 murder mean 25 years consecutively i.e 2 murders equals 50 years.... absolutely no parole on any type of murder conviction)

Sorry if this sounds harsh, victim/s will never return to society ever.

5 people like this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6156 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Partmanpartfish » Dec 26th, 2017, 4:12 pm

If some of you think capital punishment is the answer in these cases, you are welcome to move to one of the 31 states south of the border (last place in the first world where government still kills citizens) and enjoy murder rates that are 4, 5, 6, 7 times ours.

Yeah, it sounds like it really works as a deterrent.
On moderation, so it's a good time to throw in the towel. So long, pilgrims!
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Liked in: 1097 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 26th, 2017, 4:16 pm

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Even Steven » Dec 26th, 2017, 4:55 pm

GordonH wrote:Everyone should be responsible for their actions i.e committing murder
With or without a mental illness issue, someone was killed by the hands of a guilty party.

If found guilty by the Court of Law, should serve the full 25 year sentence either in prison (those without mental illness) or mental illness facility if they have a mental illness.

I don't think you understand how the law views mental illnesses. If somebody committed a crime because they were mentally ill, they're not criminally responsible for committing this crime as they didn't understand/comprehend what they were doing. So you can't say "mentally ill or not, they're guilty". Because if mental illness was indeed what made it happen, they're not guilty of murder.

Now, at this point, it will be very hard for them to see the light of day because he or she is probably dangerous and will require isolation and treatment.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1578 posts

Postby normaM » Dec 26th, 2017, 5:25 pm

or get out with a name change.
end of the day he decided to take out his family. Do I want him prancing around in a few years? ( Thanks Parole Board) no
I knew a woman who killed her children, awful
she out
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey

motorhomebabe likes this post.
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 951 posts

Postby NeonNinja » Dec 26th, 2017, 9:31 pm

I hadn't heard he was hanging lights or shoveling the driveway. Driveway looked un-shoveled in the media pics the day the police arrived. I did hear he showed up for work on Monday with a Starbucks and a smile. Perhaps all bs.... Seems a bit far fetched really. I would be interested in watching this court case.
NeonNinja

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby ShannonG » Dec 27th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Innocent until proven guilty; it's the cornerstone of our justice system.
As for everyone getting bent out of shape and typing out their 'justice fantasy' about what they would do to this fellow if they were in charge, it's a waste of anger, emotion, thought process, and time. Try channeling those frustrations into positive action; give to a victims' support organization, whatever, but don't think sitting around expressing hate and violence on the internet is going to change anything.
Clearly if he did this he was a danger to his family, but for how long and in what capacity is not known. The sad truth is he probably wasn't and isn't a threat to anyone else. Something happened in those four walls that may not be able to be explained by rational people. The closest we can come to the truth will come out at trial.
To kill your entire family there has to be a mental break of some sort. A healthy functioning mind has checks and balances in place that keep us from committing violence against those we love, no matter how angry we are,

5 people like this post.
ShannonG
Fledgling

Liked in: 323 posts

Postby NeonNinja » Dec 29th, 2017, 4:32 pm

ShannonG wrote:Innocent until proven guilty; it's the cornerstone of our justice system.
As for everyone getting bent out of shape and typing out their 'justice fantasy' about what they would do to this fellow if they were in charge, it's a waste of anger, emotion, thought process, and time. Try channeling those frustrations into positive action; give to a victims' support organization, whatever, but don't think sitting around expressing hate and violence on the internet is going to change anything.
Clearly if he did this he was a danger to his family, but for how long and in what capacity is not known. The sad truth is he probably wasn't and isn't a threat to anyone else. Something happened in those four walls that may not be able to be explained by rational people. The closest we can come to the truth will come out at trial.
To kill your entire family there has to be a mental break of some sort. A healthy functioning mind has checks and balances in place that keep us from committing violence against those we love, no matter how angry we are,

Unfortunately I do not believe our "justice system" will prevail. Rarely does in these cases. Not for the victims, the family, society or even for the *bleep* murderer. I think it's natural to be angry, and hope this guy rots behind bars. So what if talking about it doesn't change anything. Donating to a charity won't bring them back either. People have a right to feel and have an opinion. As do you.

2 people like this post.
NeonNinja

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby lightspeed » Dec 29th, 2017, 4:53 pm

Partmanpartfish wrote:If some of you think capital punishment is the answer in these cases, you are welcome to move to one of the 31 states south of the border (last place in the first world where government still kills citizens) and enjoy murder rates that are 4, 5, 6, 7 times ours.

Good point. It seems they are inherently violent grim places anyway. Inhabited by savages. One has to wonder what the murder rate would be without the deterrent? 10-15x higher?
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

3 people like this post.
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1983 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 29th, 2017, 5:14 pm

Partmanpartfish wrote:If some of you think capital punishment is the answer in these cases, you are welcome to move to one of the 31 states south of the border (last place in the first world where government still kills citizens) and enjoy murder rates that are 4, 5, 6, 7 times ours.

I advocate for capital punishment. And I'm not moving anywhere. I advocate for it as justice to their victims. NOT as a deterrent. We all know the deterrent idea is dead in the water at the beginning.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

2 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10804 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 29th, 2017, 5:32 pm

agree 100%
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 29th, 2017, 5:34 pm

At least the good people are not stuck feeding and protecting the losers
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAKE ALBERTA GREAT AGAIN

the truth likes this post.
Jflem1983
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1655 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan