Three dead in Rutland

Triple 6

Re: Three dead in Rutland

Post by Triple 6 »

Jflem1983 wrote:I think when everything comes out in the end. We will find the cops got the right guy. Im also sure the bleeding hearts on here will be more concerned about the poor killer than his victims. His young innocent victims

No bleeding heart here. I believe in due process. With that said murder is murder. Young or old..... a victim is a victim. Nice spin though.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

The only heart that should bleed is the one that belongs to the person that killed those little girls.
Black Dogs Matter
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that the perpetrator has something wrong in his head like schizophrenia ...

Too bad no one cares enough to help people with that disease BEFORE they leave a huge mess..

It's easier to just throw stones after the fact, ins't it ??
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

^^Bang on Ma.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

dogspoiler wrote:The only heart that should bleed is the one that belongs to the person that killed those little girls.

A grown woman was also killed. How come she doesn't rate a mention?
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

Piecemaker wrote:
dogspoiler wrote:The only heart that should bleed is the one that belongs to the person that killed those little girls.

A grown woman was also killed. How come she doesn't rate a mention?

It has not yet been proven that the mother was not involved in some way. Not likely but possible. That is why my post is worded the way it is. Time will give more information I'm sure.
Black Dogs Matter
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

I can see your reasoning, dogspoiler.
(But then maybe one of the kids was involved, too. Say one kid killed the other kid, then the mother killed the remaining kid and then the father came home and killed the mother for killing the second kid...
No, not very likely.)
It is an extremely sad and terrible occurrence no matter how it went down.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

Piecemaker wrote:I can see your reasoning, dogspoiler.
(But then maybe one of the kids was involved, too. Say one kid killed the other kid, then the mother killed the remaining kid and then the father came home and killed the mother for killing the second kid...
No, not very likely.)
It is an extremely sad and terrible occurrence no matter how it went down.

:200: :135: :132: :135:
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

When evil people commit multiple murders of family members or otherwise, there are always those who advance the notion or explanation that they must be mentally ill to have done such a thing. The inference that follows [of course] is that they therefore might not be criminally responsible for their actions. I suppose some of the people who make these comments are of the opinion that anyone who commits murder must be suffering from some mental disorder or another. Perhaps this notion is advanced far too often.... the name Clifford Olson comes to mind, and I don't think there are many people who would argue that he should not have been convicted for his crimes. Sometimes society's desire to be enlightened is much misguided.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Treblehook wrote:When evil people commit multiple murders of family members or otherwise, there are always those who advance the notion or explanation that they must be mentally ill to have done such a thing. The inference that follows [of course] is that they therefore might not be criminally responsible for their actions. I suppose some of the people who make these comments are of the opinion that anyone who commits murder must be suffering from some mental disorder or another. Perhaps this notion is advanced far too often.... the name Clifford Olson comes to mind, and I don't think there are many people who would argue that he should not have been convicted for his crimes. Sometimes society's desire to be enlightened is much misguided.

Ever lived with a schizophrenic ?..

I suppose your solution is to "shoot and *bleep* " on all those with mental illnesses just . because . they might do something like this ??

I'd prefer that people like Vince Lee and Alan Schoenborn got the help they needed BEFORE they did what they did...

But I guess I will have to wait and see "why" this happened .

10 bucks says a doctor has the answer .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Piecemaker »

It seems unfathomable that someone would kill their family. They are referred to as family annihilators.

This came from Wikipedia about the topic of family annihilators. "...In this typology, the anomic killer sees his family purely as a status symbol; when his economic status collapses, he sees them as surplus to requirements. The disappointed killer seeks to punish the family for not living up to his ideals of family life. The self-righteous killer destroys the family to exact revenge upon the mother, in an act that he blames on her. Finally, the paranoid killer kills their family in what they imagine to be an attempt to protect them from something even worse..."

Likely the "reason" (which is an oxymoron as the act shows an absence of any sane reasoning), will be one of the above.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

MAPearce My question remains then..... what would you do or think ought to have been done with Clifford Olson? He took 11 young lives, was charged and plead guilty to the homicides and received 11 life sentences.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Treblehook wrote:MAPearce My question remains then..... what would you do or think ought to have been done with Clifford Olson? He took 11 young lives, was charged and plead guilty to the homicides and received 11 life sentences.

No one is really arguing with you, treblehook. Some have suggested, including myself, that this man may have been ill in some way, or experienced some sort of mental break. None of us claims to know for sure, and no one has taken the step of suggesting he isn't criminally responsible, if in fact he even did what he's accused of.

Aside from the aspect that there were multiple victims, this case and Clifford Olson's crimes aren't very similar. Olson plead guilty, and did not cite any form of insanity as a defence, although it seems pretty obvious that he suffered from a personality disorder.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Treblehook wrote:MAPearce My question remains then..... what would you do or think ought to have been done with Clifford Olson? He took 11 young lives, was charged and plead guilty to the homicides and received 11 life sentences.

Well , he was nuts in a different way than schizophrenic HOWEVER his eleven homicides weren't committed in one single act and he seemed to show no remorse so I'd have executed him .

As for Vince Lee , Alan Schoenborn et al , it's clear to me that while they don't deserve to be shot and *bleep* on due to their illness they don't belong in society but rather an institution to receive proper care and not have a chance at re offending ..

But that's just MY opinion.

I'll wait and see what the doctors say about this one before I cast my "opinion".
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

i dont care if they are schizo or not.if you kill your family you need to be culled from the herd. there is no fixing that kind of broken.no amount of life sentences will ever pay back that debt to society .they just need to be killed. no 25 years of room and board first.a fair trial then a bullet in the head

Return to “Central Okanagan”