Three dead in Rutland

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Three dead in Rutland

Post by the truth »

removed.
Last edited by Triple 6 on Dec 26th, 2017, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: rules are rules. Feel free to go elsewhere.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Everyone should be responsible for their actions i.e committing murder
With or without a mental illness issue, someone was killed by the hands of a guilty party.

If found guilty by the Court of Law, should serve the full 25 year sentence either in prison (those without mental illness) or mental illness facility if they have a mental illness.
(More then 1 murder mean 25 years consecutively i.e 2 murders equals 50 years.... absolutely no parole on any type of murder conviction)

Sorry if this sounds harsh, victim/s will never return to society ever.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Partmanpartfish
Übergod

Post by Partmanpartfish »

If some of you think capital punishment is the answer in these cases, you are welcome to move to one of the 31 states south of the border (last place in the first world where government still kills citizens) and enjoy murder rates that are 4, 5, 6, 7 times ours.

Yeah, it sounds like it really works as a deterrent.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree 100%
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

GordonH wrote:Everyone should be responsible for their actions i.e committing murder
With or without a mental illness issue, someone was killed by the hands of a guilty party.

If found guilty by the Court of Law, should serve the full 25 year sentence either in prison (those without mental illness) or mental illness facility if they have a mental illness.

I don't think you understand how the law views mental illnesses. If somebody committed a crime because they were mentally ill, they're not criminally responsible for committing this crime as they didn't understand/comprehend what they were doing. So you can't say "mentally ill or not, they're guilty". Because if mental illness was indeed what made it happen, they're not guilty of murder.

Now, at this point, it will be very hard for them to see the light of day because he or she is probably dangerous and will require isolation and treatment.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

or get out with a name change.
end of the day he decided to take out his family. Do I want him prancing around in a few years? ( Thanks Parole Board) no
I knew a woman who killed her children, awful
she out
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
NeonNinja

Post by NeonNinja »

I hadn't heard he was hanging lights or shoveling the driveway. Driveway looked un-shoveled in the media pics the day the police arrived. I did hear he showed up for work on Monday with a Starbucks and a smile. Perhaps all bs.... Seems a bit far fetched really. I would be interested in watching this court case.
ShannonG
Board Meister

Post by ShannonG »

Innocent until proven guilty; it's the cornerstone of our justice system.
As for everyone getting bent out of shape and typing out their 'justice fantasy' about what they would do to this fellow if they were in charge, it's a waste of anger, emotion, thought process, and time. Try channeling those frustrations into positive action; give to a victims' support organization, whatever, but don't think sitting around expressing hate and violence on the internet is going to change anything.
Clearly if he did this he was a danger to his family, but for how long and in what capacity is not known. The sad truth is he probably wasn't and isn't a threat to anyone else. Something happened in those four walls that may not be able to be explained by rational people. The closest we can come to the truth will come out at trial.
To kill your entire family there has to be a mental break of some sort. A healthy functioning mind has checks and balances in place that keep us from committing violence against those we love, no matter how angry we are,
NeonNinja

Post by NeonNinja »

ShannonG wrote:Innocent until proven guilty; it's the cornerstone of our justice system.
As for everyone getting bent out of shape and typing out their 'justice fantasy' about what they would do to this fellow if they were in charge, it's a waste of anger, emotion, thought process, and time. Try channeling those frustrations into positive action; give to a victims' support organization, whatever, but don't think sitting around expressing hate and violence on the internet is going to change anything.
Clearly if he did this he was a danger to his family, but for how long and in what capacity is not known. The sad truth is he probably wasn't and isn't a threat to anyone else. Something happened in those four walls that may not be able to be explained by rational people. The closest we can come to the truth will come out at trial.
To kill your entire family there has to be a mental break of some sort. A healthy functioning mind has checks and balances in place that keep us from committing violence against those we love, no matter how angry we are,

Unfortunately I do not believe our "justice system" will prevail. Rarely does in these cases. Not for the victims, the family, society or even for the POS murderer. I think it's natural to be angry, and hope this guy rots behind bars. So what if talking about it doesn't change anything. Donating to a charity won't bring them back either. People have a right to feel and have an opinion. As do you.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Partmanpartfish wrote:If some of you think capital punishment is the answer in these cases, you are welcome to move to one of the 31 states south of the border (last place in the first world where government still kills citizens) and enjoy murder rates that are 4, 5, 6, 7 times ours.

Good point. It seems they are inherently violent grim places anyway. Inhabited by savages. One has to wonder what the murder rate would be without the deterrent? 10-15x higher?
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Partmanpartfish wrote:If some of you think capital punishment is the answer in these cases, you are welcome to move to one of the 31 states south of the border (last place in the first world where government still kills citizens) and enjoy murder rates that are 4, 5, 6, 7 times ours.

I advocate for capital punishment. And I'm not moving anywhere. I advocate for it as justice to their victims. NOT as a deterrent. We all know the deterrent idea is dead in the water at the beginning.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

agree 100%
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

At least the good people are not stuck feeding and protecting the losers
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

This is a really sad case.

There were more than three victims. I know, for example, a young man who was good friends with the family. He and his family had their hearts ripped out because they counted him as a good friend. When a friend and a mentor does something like this, your life is changed forever.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#265202

In a surprise move, Jacob Forman has pleaded guilty to all charges levied against him.

Forman issued the plea in a Kelowna courtroom Thursday afternoon during the third day of a voir dire to determine the admissibility of several pieces of evidence in the judge-alone trial.

He pleaded guilty to second-degree murder of his wife Clara Forman, and two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of his two daughters.

While answering to the charges during his arraignment Tuesday, Forman told the judge, “I am responsible, but I’m not guilty of what the crown is saying.”

He uttered the same statement as each of the three charges was read, but by Thursday, he had changed his tune.

Forman killed his wife and two young daughters at the family home on Bolotzky Court in December of 2017.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Glacier wrote:This is a really sad case.

There were more than three victims. I know, for example, a young man who was good friends with the family. He and his family had their hearts ripped out because they counted him as a good friend. When a friend and a mentor does something like this, your life is changed forever.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#265202

not to mention his work colleagues. he came to work after killing his family
Last edited by gman313 on Sep 5th, 2019, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Central Okanagan”