RCMP member Tim Shields, Not Guilty

A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

RCMP member Tim Shields, Not Guilty

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

"The Crown had argued Shields had a "mistaken belief" about consent when he touched the woman's breasts, unbuttoned her pants and put her hands on his genitals."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214472

does anyone else interpret this in the same way as myself?

that is if it is 'joe or jane public' then the judgement is 'guilty' and 'ignorance is no excuse',
but when it is a member of the RCMP or some similarly 'privileged' person
then it is or can be 'it is fine, he was of a mistaken belief and so his actions of sexually assaulting someone were not criminal'.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: RCMP member Tim Shields, remember him?

Post by gman313 »

He was found innocent in our court of law. His name should be fully cleared and this women should be paying him significantly for these career ending FALSE allegations.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i strangely cannot find any threads here in this forum relating to the allegedly former RCMP member previously stationed in kelowna known as Tim Shields.

if anyone is able to find that or those threads, please post to them to 'bump' them to the top or first index page.

timshields073.jpg

"The Crown had argued Shields had a "mistaken belief" about consent when he touched the woman's breasts, unbuttoned her pants and put her hands on his genitals."

that is if it is 'joe or jane public' then the judgement is 'guilty' and 'ignorance is no excuse',
then it is or can be 'it is fine, he was of a mistaken belief and so his actions of sexually assaulting someone were not criminal'.

just because an allegation was made does not mean it is true
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

gman313 wrote:He was found innocent in our court of law. His name should be fully cleared and this women should be paying him significantly for these career ending FALSE allegations.

Pretty sure he was found "not guilty", which means he is innocent in the eyes of the court. This does not mean that the accuser was guilty of anything whatsoever and if she is, I have no doubt that she will be tried for such crimes.
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

RCMP inspector Tim Shields not guilty.

Post by Leifer »

After having his career and reputation destroyed by those false accusations....I hope Mr. Shields gets some justice in civil court.
Workplace romance is a minefield that men should avoid at all costs in this day and age.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214472-3-.htm#214472
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i most certainly and completely agree gman.

it is merely alleged that tim shields is a 'former' rcmp member. i suspect he may indeed be rather a current member.

please offer an answer to my query if you would be so kind.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

gman313 wrote:
A_Britishcolumbian wrote:i strangely cannot find any threads here in this forum relating to the allegedly former RCMP member previously stationed in kelowna known as Tim Shields.

if anyone is able to find that or those threads, please post to them to 'bump' them to the top or first index page.

timshields073.jpg

just because an allegation was made does not mean it is true

And just because someone is not found guilty does not mean that they didn't commit the crime.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Verum wrote:
gman313 wrote:He was found innocent in our court of law. His name should be fully cleared and this women should be paying him significantly for these career ending FALSE allegations.

Pretty sure he was found "not guilty", which means he is innocent in the eyes of the court. This does not mean that the accuser was guilty of anything whatsoever and if she is, I have no doubt that she will be tried for such crimes.

Agreed - I guess i'm just putting it out there that these allegations MAY have been made in bad faith, and if so, that needs to be dealt with
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

gman you allege that 'he was found innocent',

i have read/seen nothing to that effect, only that he was found 'not guilty' of the charge(s) he faced.

please cite/provide a source for your claimed judgement of 'innocent'.
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: RCMP inspector Tim Shields not guilty.

your cited source makes no mentions of 'allegations found to be false',
please cite your source to back your claim. or clarify that what you say is merely your opinion or otherwise unverifiable.

the reputation that tim shields had and/or has is that of a serial and violent sexual offender.

how is that you feel that the 'false accusations' as you say have 'destroyed' that/his reputation?
T.Tsarnaev
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

your cited source makes no mentions of 'allegations found to be false',
please cite your source to back your claim. or clarify that what you say is merely your opinion or otherwise unverifiable.

Even though you asked quite nicely (manners maketh man :up: ) I will pass on pointing out the obvious to you.
My comments stand.

Good day sir. :135:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

i will point out as well
that the topic header you chose for this thread seems to be misleading.

i am of the belief that in 2009 when the alleged assault took place Tim Shields, rcmp member, was a Sgt.
and in 2016 when Tim Shields, allegedly 'former' rcmp member, was charged he was purported/reported to be a private citizen/non-rcmp member.

the purpose or relevance of stating "RCMP inspector Tim Shields not guilty" eludes me and i can only conclude that you made such a statement so as to confuse the issue and obfuscate the truth.
T.Tsarnaev
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Leifer wrote:After having his career and reputation destroyed by those false accusations....I hope Mr. Shields gets some justice in civil court.

Having determined Crown failed to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt there was no choice but to find former Inspector Shields "Not Guilty". Civil Court has less of a standard, only requiring a complainant show it more likely than not. Perhaps there is a good case for defamation here. It will be interesting to see if Shields pursues that course. He certainly has cause.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: RCMP member Tim Shields, Not Guilty

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2017, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
T.Tsarnaev
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: RCMP member Tim Shields, Not Guilty

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 20th, 2017, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
T.Tsarnaev

Return to “Central Okanagan”