50959

Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby motokelowna1 » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:22 am

How can this be. Oh officer yes it is my hands and house and car but please please please dont take it, its my living. What did you say I killed people with this stuff NOOOOO. Now can I have my cars back I am paying for them monthly and I need them to drive around the other products.

This is ridiculous CHARGE THEM the only thing the Law does is make the lawyer rich. system is broke.

4 people like this post.
motokelowna1
Fledgling
 
Posts: 146
Likes: 33 posts
Liked in: 74 posts
Joined: Jun 1st, 2012, 7:18 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby Fancy » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:26 am

Justice Heinrichs granted the application to extend the time the RCMP could hold onto the seized evidence, due to the complexity of the case.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214513

Crown is probably making sure they have everything in order.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 43959
Likes: 1030 posts
Liked in: 5239 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby dogspoiler » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:34 am

It would be nice to see competent investigation and preparation resulting in conviction, rather than having some clever lawyer get the case thrown out on a tech.

2 people like this post.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 16140
Likes: 219 posts
Liked in: 2144 posts
Joined: Feb 20th, 2009, 3:32 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby Bsuds » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:38 am

dogspoiler wrote:It would be nice to see competent investigation and preparation resulting in conviction, rather than having some clever lawyer get the case thrown out on a tech.


The system needs to reduce and eliminate these technicalities so that criminals can't use them to get off.
Deja Poo, the feeling I've heard all this crap before!

the truth likes this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 41370
Likes: 7480 posts
Liked in: 9486 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 9:46 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby youjustcomplain » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:59 am

Bsuds wrote:The system needs to reduce and eliminate these technicalities so that criminals can't use them to get off.


Like what? What technicalities are letting criminals get off?

I suspect that the reasons criminals "get off" is because of a rule put in place to protect us from injustices. Sure, it can benefit those the public deem guilty, without knowing enough about any given case.
Sometimes, it might be because the police make mistakes, or break the law, or whatever. I would rather see a criminal not serve time, than the courts and police imprison innocent people, or cheat to get a conviction. That's just me though. :)
youjustcomplain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 596
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 316 posts
Joined: Jun 14th, 2016, 11:56 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby the truth » Dec 21st, 2017, 9:30 am

this is what murderers look like people, safe bet people still want to be there friends in this loser town
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13118
Likes: 7943 posts
Liked in: 4697 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby AlienSoldier » Dec 21st, 2017, 10:24 am

Maybe the charges are still being reviewed or the police are still investigating or proposing a plea deal (they spill the beans on someone bigger). I think its time to let the legal system do its role while we wait to see the outcome.
AlienSoldier
 
Posts: 97
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 75 posts
Joined: Oct 30th, 2017, 10:53 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby the truth » Dec 21st, 2017, 11:07 am

safe bet the drugs these people put on the streets killed people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13118
Likes: 7943 posts
Liked in: 4697 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 21st, 2017, 11:28 am

the truth wrote:safe bet the drugs these people put on the streets killed people



Wanna start a coallition of the willing. Serve up some cowboy justice. ? That day is coming.
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAKE ALBERTA GREAT AGAIN

voice of reason likes this post.
User avatar
Jflem1983
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2948
Likes: 4857 posts
Liked in: 1658 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2015, 10:38 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby musicman » Dec 21st, 2017, 1:14 pm

its called a criminal justice system- not a victim justice system-thats why criminals go free all the time ... :200:

Jflem1983 likes this post.
User avatar
musicman
 
Posts: 14
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Apr 8th, 2006, 11:37 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby Fancy » Dec 21st, 2017, 5:21 pm

I'll go one step further and suggest it's a "legal system", not a judicial system. There would be justice served if we had a judicial system.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Fancy
The Pilgrim
 
Posts: 43959
Likes: 1030 posts
Liked in: 5239 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby Ken7 » Dec 21st, 2017, 7:58 pm

dogspoiler wrote:It would be nice to see competent investigation and preparation resulting in conviction, rather than having some clever lawyer get the case thrown out on a tech.


Until you have been there you are ill informed.

There are times where sloppy investigations cause a charge to be dismissed. There are other times where you wonder what was this Judge or Jury for that matter listening to.

The Police in some cases due to bad case law have their hands tied. In order to prevent bad case law, Crown Prosecutes want to be very confident the charges laid will present a conviction. You never know about this case until you are privileged to all of the evidence.

I can't count how many times my Prosecutor had cold feet. I used to tell him it is all there or the charge would not have been laid. In the end yes there was a conviction. Most Police officers with any experience are well aware of the elements required to prove a charge and some lawyer are unsure.

dirtybiker likes this post.
Ken7
Guru
 
Posts: 6090
Likes: 3239 posts
Liked in: 2147 posts
Joined: Sep 30th, 2007, 3:09 pm

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby voice of reason » Dec 21st, 2017, 8:36 pm

the truth wrote:safe bet the drugs these people put on the streets killed people

the drugs these dipshets put on the streets killed their own friends.i have met these 2 through friends of friends of friends and there have been more than a few deaths due to OD in their circle in the last couple years.

2 people like this post.
voice of reason
Board Meister
 
Posts: 653
Likes: 2091 posts
Liked in: 644 posts
Joined: Feb 22nd, 2009, 11:40 am

Re: Fentanyl charges not yet laid

Postby the truth » Dec 22nd, 2017, 10:11 am

selling fentanyl should come with a life sentence
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13118
Likes: 7943 posts
Liked in: 4697 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 8:24 pm
Location: kelowna


Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests