Re: Snowed In By Snowplow

Post by PocoGirl »

I think the homeowner could probably relate to this :up:
https://funnyshit.com.au/diary_of_a_snow_shoveler.html
Noisy Boater
Übergod

Post by Noisy Boater »

As a highways plow driver my advice to those who get cranky about getting plowed or ploughed in. Shovel your driveway snow to the right side when you are standing looking from driveway to where it nears the street road or whatever you have. That way when the plow or plough goes by it will only push the snow on the road across your entrance and not all you have shoveled. Does this make sense?? I also try to plow a cul de sac going in the wrong direction as then the snow is pushed to the center of the circle. Does that make sense?? Also please keep your garbage cans away from the shoulder if possible cause I can send those things to lala land. Also helps my bowling game. [icon_lol2.gif]
Did You Have A Big Bowl Of Stupid For Breakfast ? I Have 8 Billion Gazillion Likes.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

For those that do shovel their driveway onto the road I can't help but speed up my ploughing speed sending it a bit further into your driveway, I consider it a game that I have with those on my regular route.

I had one guy make a huge pile on the road at the foot of his driveway, I swerved around it, long shifts out there, a guy has to have some fun.

ETA: I have also used my front plow to clear the berm of snow from the end of driveways when I see an old feller struggling with it and assisted drivers that are stuck. Just incase you thought I was a total jerk.
AltaRed
Fledgling

Post by AltaRed »

dirtybiker wrote: A guy on our street that does this, shovels all the snow from his expansive driveway and
piles it on the street instead of the city right of way in front of his property.
Plow truck comes by, the big pile he put there comes off the blade to the easiest place
to expel, His driveway. [icon_lol2.gif]

He loses his mind at the world instead of seeing the error of his own way's.

I just watch, laugh, and wonder how this person made it to his early 60's and still be
so freakn' dumb.

Time and time again....for years...

I see it all the time too. Dumb as a fence post and dense as a sack full of hammers. Shovel all that stuff to the left side of the driveway when facing your house. On some streets around here, homeowners make these big piles on the asphalt by the curb. *bleep* is that all about? Your lawn will survive the pile nicely come Spring.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Since when has it been determined this couple shovelled the snow into the street?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Fancy wrote:Since when has it been determined this couple shovelled the snow into the street?

I believe I started that rumour. :biggrin:
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Fancy wrote:Since when has it been determined this couple shovelled the snow into the street?

You are correct as it was not determined.

Some speculation, and varying degree's of knowledge on the process have
come into play.
How else could so much snow end up in this one particular driveway?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
stevemic
Fledgling

Post by stevemic »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:
lightspeed wrote:Buy a snowblower.

I wantvto see a snowblower go through all those chunks, got one to try it with ?

It will chew them up no problem, mine does.
You can say whatever you please,
as long as the Mods agree
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dirtybiker wrote:How else could so much snow end up in this one particular driveway?

TreeGuy pointed out the possibility of it happening at the end of a cul-de-sac (I've seen that myself).
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Bring back the LIKE button.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I don't shovel onto the road, I ever clean a large part of the area leading to my driveway. I tend to get the most plow pile as he turns to go down the other street right by my house . I will watch and wait for them, offer a coffee.. maybe they will take pity.
Oh, and over the years I have broken shovels, especially in Whitehorse
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

alanjh595 wrote:

10/10 on both! The news anchor called it a 2 ton truck LOL Try 10 ton, but that’s not how much it weighs.
soupy
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by soupy »

Ah i love annual first big snowfall / *bleep* about plowing session. !!!

Best part is the homeowners who actually pile snow via shovel or snow-blower completely burying Fire Hydrants. :200:
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Same old same old every year. Those who clean the streets I am sure do the best they can. Just wish them a Merry Christmas
khutchi
Fledgling

Post by khutchi »

TreeGuy wrote:How is this news? Newsflash, winter has arrived to the Okanagan, anyone else caught off guard by this?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214558-1-.htm#214558

It's news because you just posted it in the forums and 40+ posts responded [icon_lol2.gif]
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."

Return to “Central Okanagan”