Has Anybody been able to access this

Re: Has Anybody been able to access this

Postby stevemic » Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:48 am

Had an appraisal last month and the website is pretty close , its saying about 10k too much, not bad
You can write whatever you like as long as the Mods agree with it
stevemic
Fledgling

Liked in: 76 posts

Postby Ken7 » Dec 23rd, 2017, 9:27 am

I started with my neighbors house, it then turned into your name and contact information. I don't need a real estate agent knocking on my door so therefore stopped.

Bsuds likes this post.
Ken7
Guru

Liked in: 2381 posts

Postby Bsuds » Dec 23rd, 2017, 9:41 am

stevemic wrote:Had an appraisal last month and the website is pretty close , its saying about 10k too much, not bad

They are both guesstimates anyway. The website is only going on what recent sales are in the area and they have no idea what reno's if any have been done.

Your house is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. No more and no less.

ps: you will get more in your pocket if you don't hire a Realtor.
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Liked in: 10252 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 23rd, 2017, 9:53 am

I tried it too. It's like that ad for why you shouldn't eat certain foods, it goes on and on and on, without getting anywhere for a long time.

Then it gets to "do you plan to sell (soon)"

I put "no."

I never did get an answer. Most people come to this house and marvel and how huge the yard is and how a developer could just fill up the gardens from end to end and make huges amounts of cash. I may that one baby boomer who is set for retirement based on the land alone.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 11941 posts

Postby RVThereYet » Dec 23rd, 2017, 12:09 pm

Ken7 wrote:I started with my neighbors house, it then turned into your name and contact information. I don't need a real estate agent knocking on my door so therefore stopped.

That's all they're after... the whole thing is designed to get you to go to their website and extract your contact information to add to their data base. The "estimated values" it provides for your property will err on the high side to make it seem even more attractive.

Lets call it what it is...

Dictionary: click·bait, noun (informal)

(on the Internet) content whose main purpose is to attract attention and encourage visitors to click on a link to a particular web page.

2 people like this post.
RVThereYet
Board Meister

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby stevemic » Dec 23rd, 2017, 1:48 pm

I dont know which website you guys are using but i went to remax.ca and its set up just like the BC assessment website, I checked over 10 houses without needing to add any personal info
You can write whatever you like as long as the Mods agree with it

2 people like this post.
stevemic
Fledgling

Liked in: 76 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan