HO HO HO!

HO HO HO!

Postby dle » Dec 25th, 2017, 8:04 am

It's 6:35 a.m Christmas morning.......I have the tree a'twinkling, the fireplace is on, the candles a'winking, and a big mug of tea and a butter tart (ya okay it's not the breakfast of champions but it's Christmas!) as I wait for other signs of life around here.

I've used this alone-time before the fun chaos to enjoy the pretty scene. I'm remembering other fun Christmas times spent with family and friends sadly no longer here with me, and sending big celestial hugs to them as they now celebrate with the angels. What I love about the spirit of Christmas is I can actually feel those hugs right back so all is well!

HOWEVER.......I can only stand so much peace & quiet and patience is not my strong suit so I'm afraid some loud noises will have to "accidentally" happen soon.....I'm ready to get this party started!

Have a Merry Christmas full of peace, love & joy and may 2018 bring you health, happiness & something very super-cool that you were not expecting!

:smt111

13 people like this post.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 1091 posts

Re: HO HO HO!

Postby Faraday » Dec 25th, 2017, 9:07 am

Merry Christmas! Its my quiet time with me and my Kittay and Baileys and Coffee :) Oh now the quiet time is over!!!

3 people like this post.
Faraday

Liked in: 16 posts

Postby dle » Dec 25th, 2017, 9:14 am

Faraday wrote:Merry Christmas! Its my quiet time with me and my Kittay and Baileys and Coffee :) Oh now the quiet time is over!!!

On my 2nd cup of tea and this time spruced it up a bit and added some Carolann's to mine :130:

3 people like this post.
dle
Übergod

Liked in: 1091 posts

Postby MAPearce » Dec 25th, 2017, 10:37 am

It's all quiet here ..

Kids are at "bio dads" this year and the wife did an evening shift last night so , she's still sleeping as she does it again today.

A few beers , maybe a rum and coke , a ham sammich or two and a day of internet golf for me!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

5 people like this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 3686 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 25th, 2017, 11:06 am

Merry Christmas everyone, not too late to gift me with lots of presents in the Not So Secret Santa Thread.
J/K.

Not.
J/K
I'm over 50, I'm full of rage lately, I have two axes and I have a huge tree stump that needs to come out. Any questions?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12468 posts

Postby Jlabute » Dec 25th, 2017, 3:47 pm

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

And a Merry Christmas from the progressive political parties:

Please accept – with no obligation of any kind, whether oral or written, actual or potential, explicit or implicit – our very best wishes for a non-culture-specific, environmentally-conscious, socially-responsible, low-stress, zero-carbon, non-addictive, gender-neutral, politically-correct happy holiday celebration of the winter solstice, within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practice of your choice (with due consideration for the religious or secular persuasions or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, or for genuine and legitimate differences of opinion as to the timing or significance of the solstice), and a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling and medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally-accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendar choices of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only America in the western or any hemisphere), and without regard to the wishee’s race, creed, color, age, religious faith, choice of computer platform, physical ability or sexual preference or prowess. By accepting this greeting and not entering any defense or other plea with 14 days or such other period as may be applicable as specified in federal or state law, you are accepting the following terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher actually to implement any of the wishes personally or for others. It is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. It is warranted to perform as expected within the parameters for the reasonable application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever shall first have occurred. Warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher. This greeting constitutes the entire wish. It is void where prohibited by law. Should any part of this greeting be held unlawful or otherwise invalid, all remaining parts shall continue to have effect in terms of generally accepted wishing traditions or conventions to the full extent permissible under law.
I do diligence and sometimes diligence does me.

4 people like this post.
Jlabute
Übergod

Liked in: 986 posts

Postby MAPearce » Dec 25th, 2017, 10:42 pm

Jlabute wrote:Merry Christmas Everyone!!

And a Merry Christmas from the progressive political parties:

Please accept – with no obligation of any kind, whether oral or written, actual or potential, explicit or implicit – our very best wishes for a non-culture-specific, environmentally-conscious, socially-responsible, low-stress, zero-carbon, non-addictive, gender-neutral, politically-correct happy holiday celebration of the winter solstice, within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practice of your choice (with due consideration for the religious or secular persuasions or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, or for genuine and legitimate differences of opinion as to the timing or significance of the solstice), and a fiscally-successful, personally-fulfilling and medically-uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally-accepted calendar year 2018, but not without due respect for the calendar choices of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped to make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only America in the western or any hemisphere), and without regard to the wishee’s race, creed, color, age, religious faith, choice of computer platform, physical ability or sexual preference or prowess. By accepting this greeting and not entering any defense or other plea with 14 days or such other period as may be applicable as specified in federal or state law, you are accepting the following terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher actually to implement any of the wishes personally or for others. It is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. It is warranted to perform as expected within the parameters for the reasonable application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever shall first have occurred. Warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher. This greeting constitutes the entire wish. It is void where prohibited by law. Should any part of this greeting be held unlawful or otherwise invalid, all remaining parts shall continue to have effect in terms of generally accepted wishing traditions or conventions to the full extent permissible under law.

Merry Christmas J !!!!

AND A Happy new Year !
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Even Steven » Dec 25th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Happy holidays.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1940 posts

Postby Jlabute » Dec 26th, 2017, 10:53 am

Happy New Year to you and yours MAPearce, QueenK, Even Steven, Faraday, and Dle. :130:

2 people like this post.
Jlabute
Übergod

Postby Queen K » Dec 26th, 2017, 11:23 am

Happy 2018 to you too Jlabute, what do you plan do New Year's Eve? :130:
I'm over 50, I'm full of rage lately, I have two axes and I have a huge tree stump that needs to come out. Any questions?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 26th, 2017, 11:28 am

The holidays are terrible. It's just a chance for family members to get together and fight.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby Jlabute » Dec 26th, 2017, 11:29 am

Queeniekins, well, I haven’t given it a thought yet... drink beer, do a little home improvement, try out my new staple gun on upholstering old chairs. Probably not drink and staple at the same time ;-)
Jlabute
Übergod

Postby Queen K » Dec 26th, 2017, 11:31 am

Ya, you don't wanna inadvertently staple anything valuable to the chairs. Best to imbibe after wielding said potentially dangerous devices. :up:

@Horgan, Christmas magnifies family problems to the max, too much stress and pressure and idealism mixed and the combo is explosive. Couldn't agree more at times.

Jlabute likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby MAPearce » Dec 26th, 2017, 11:32 am

Jlabute wrote:Queeniekins, well, I haven’t given it a thought yet... drink beer, do a little home improvement, try out my new staple gun on upholstering old chairs. Probably not drink and staple at the same time ;-)

Good advice J ...

I even put my keyboard away last night when I hit the Capt. Morgan !

2 people like this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Postby MAPearce » Dec 26th, 2017, 11:33 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:The holidays are terrible. It's just a chance for family members to get together and fight.

In our family , we do that at weddings ...

Queen K likes this post.
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water

Next

Return to Central Okanagan