Red Sled Plowed Away

TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Red Sled Plowed Away

Post by TreeGuy »

This sad little story has a happy ending thanks to the big boss at AEL.

I personally while out plowing have seen a guy in a regular truck with a plow doing the roads in that area.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-215077-101-.htm#215077
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Red Sled Plowed Away

Post by Queen K »

It sounds like a total accident the plow driver didn't stop either was being a cad or honestly didn't know what happened.

Good the company for getting the young man a new sled. :130:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Wave101
Fledgling

Post by Wave101 »

A lot of unproven allegations in that story like the "driver was speeding" and the driver "looked at the sled as he demolished it". I guess we really won't know for sure unless we get both sides of the story.

I have my own allegation: The photo of the kid crying by the road looks staged.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I actually have to agree with that. The company did the right thing though.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

he often sees "renegades with a pickup truck and a plow" take to the streets to try and make extra money.
Who would be paying them?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

IMO the kid learned a lesson in responsibility. Don’t leave things in the road where they can get run over. Unless the driver swerved off the road to hit the sled, which isn’t what the story said.

Why is this incident even newsworthy?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I'd have to say the company didn't do the "right" thing as it wasn't their responsibility. They did do a "generous" thing. It would be no different if the recipients of the newspapers banded together and bought him another sled.
nordhausen

Post by nordhausen »

Maybe if the roads were actually cleared properly, "renegades" would not be needed. Some guys do it to be good neighbours. Why not call people who help others "scabs" since they take are part of the underground economy. Nice gesture though, replacing the sled...
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Bunnyhop wrote:IMO the kid learned a lesson in responsibility. Don’t leave things in the road where they can get run over. Unless the driver swerved off the road to hit the sled, which isn’t what the story said.

It was probably a steep hill (driveway) with a sled full of papers, too heavy to bring up the 100 driveways he delivers to each day. If the snowplow didn't see a sled of this size does that also give him rights to run over small dogs, cats a children whom are on the road?
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Which is why reflective vests are worn (and it's pretty flat in that immediate area).
plunber

Post by plunber »

Don't leave your sled on the road. Lame story.
Bunnyhop
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Bunnyhop »

Sparki55 wrote:
Bunnyhop wrote:IMO the kid learned a lesson in responsibility. Don’t leave things in the road where they can get run over. Unless the driver swerved off the road to hit the sled, which isn’t what the story said.

It was probably a steep hill (driveway) with a sled full of papers, too heavy to bring up the 100 driveways he delivers to each day. If the snowplow didn't see a sled of this size does that also give him rights to run over small dogs, cats a children whom are on the road?

Of course not. And a sled is not a pet or a child so that’s not even relevant. Though if someone leaves a pet or a child in the roadway, they’d be partly to blame for any harm that came along.

We are all responsible for our own belongings and its up to us to make sure they aren’t left where someone else can wreck them. Basic rule of life.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

The over exaggerated picture is a nice touch to an over exaggerated story.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Fancy wrote: Who would be paying them?

I had same thought, i cannot see many people plowing streets for nothing, unless they live in the street which he clearly doesn't.
macktruck

Post by macktruck »

I had an incident with a driver at AEL I called The Boss Dustin and he was going to look into the problem and call me back , I never did hear from him , the are all GoooD Buddys down at AEL and they would never admit to ever doing wrong . Cowards !!

Return to “Central Okanagan”