Affordable units on Clement

Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Affordable units on Clement

Post by Piecemaker »

I was talking about the new proposed units on Clement. I have not been following information about other buildings in the area.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.
60-YEARS-in-Ktown
Guru

Post by 60-YEARS-in-Ktown »

I was referring to a highrise going up at Clement and Ellis. They did not have to supply as much parkingas normally required, because some kind of deal was made. That and the sudden approval on a rooftop for a restaurant beside the library..
This is why some of us constantly scrutinize deals the city makes with developers
I'd like to help You OUT,
Which way did You come in??
AtticSalt

Post by AtticSalt »

oh my..and where is all that sewage going to go...can we really be putting more crap into our lake? :200:
Can't wait to see what Benvoulin Road will be after people move into those..whatever you call them..stack um up like pringle chips...that's a lot of people being stuffed into that area.
miss_sterious
Fledgling

Post by miss_sterious »

Yes and it looks so weird having them squished in with fields surrounding them.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

AtticSalt wrote:oh my..and where is all that sewage going to go...can we really be putting more crap into our lake? :200:
Can't wait to see what Benvoulin Road will be after people move into those..whatever you call them..stack um up like pringle chips...that's a lot of people being stuffed into that area.

Society of Hope builds these affordable rentals for seniors who, for your information, do not require mansions and are not full of crap.
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

miss_sterious wrote:Yes and it looks so weird having them squished in with fields surrounding them.

Only until rest of the land gets developed and fields will be filled with condos, townhouses, shops, and homeless people.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Society of Hope builds these affordable rentals for seniors who, for your information, do not require mansions and are not full of crap.

Good things happening at Benvoulin and " Old Benvoulin " ... Homes for seniors at affordable rents FOREVER..

Not just a token 10 years ..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

miss_sterious wrote:Yes and it looks so weird having them squished in with fields surrounding them.

Hang on ... They're not done yet .

Hallelujah !

Only until rest of the land gets developed and fields will be filled with condos, townhouses, shops, and homeless people.

Oh Muffin , you're SO wrong .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So ... new "affordable " units on Clement are being pitched to city council while they wonder about what went wrong with the Central Green thing ...

Anyone else smell that rat ?

Time for a new mayor and council before this happens again .
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

MAPearce wrote:So ... new "affordable " units on Clement are being pitched to city council while they wonder about what went wrong with the Central Green thing ...

Anyone else smell that rat ?

Time for a new mayor and council before this happens again .

I think they should take a real hard look at any Mission Group and Stober Developments from hereon in. Stopping all developments I don't think is beneficial, that being said that Clement development does make sense... BUT I do fear that there is a serious misunderstanding of the term "affordable" by the City and Developers alike.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Every thing mission group touches turns into an instant ghetto. Look what they did on old meadows. Disgusting.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
dominik
Fledgling

Post by dominik »

Jflem1983 wrote:Every thing mission group touches turns into an instant ghetto. Look what they did on old meadows. Disgusting.

I wasn't going to go that far, but it seems to me that there is very little foresight in their developments. Aqua Resort or whatever its name is now for example made sense with highrises. I know not an overly popular thought but it made sense... Until the city "upgraded" lakeshore and left it two-lanes, something which essentially handicapped the whole area along the lake shore.

Sure I would have done the same if there were plenty of arteries going into an area with a large population... But Lakeshore is ONE of 3 arteries into a major population area meaning, that a two lane road was a luxury we simply couldn't afford. Beautiful yes, big mistake most definitely.

What bugs me more is that the Hiawatha Development was to be 350+ units and was nixed due to sewage and traffic concerns, here comes Aqua "whateveritsname" also 350 units... Wonder what the outcome of the application turns into.

Careful Heavy Sarcasm: BUT you know it makes sense to put high density into all sorts of low density areas, because you know "Kelowna is now world renowned for its high class accommodations and scenery" and roadways which are easy to navigate, nevermind the water treatment system which is nowhere near capacity, or the unemployment rate which is so excellent. People love living in a cluser**** of unplanned developments.

Return to “Central Okanagan”