Flood Review

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Flood Review

Post by Glacier »

"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Glacier wrote:Image

Tis the season......
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Thats a bit harsh. Much better to strap him to a dock
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

steve mc wrote:I did snowpac reading for 37years plus stream flows the auto snow pillows should have given them a idea what was going on, I was actually considering to stop manual snow course reading because it was no longer giving me anything that the snow pillows were giving , it gave me water volume with out having to do calculation, the failure to use technology, cost us 150million, if he had been out by 1ft ok but 5ft offer him a early retirement package.

finally someone who gets it
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

dirtybiker wrote:
steve mc wrote: if he....... offer him

Once again, I'll point out, it takes a whole team....

He and Him, get's crucified because the entire team fell a bit short, how many times ?????
Oh, once..Crucify him.......

ya youre absolutely right whats one little 150 million dollar mistake they should get promoted and raises all round , and I do realize its not just one persons decision but if ya follow the chain theres one person somewhere that actually is responsible for saying yay or nay
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:finally someone who gets it

Hardly - the point has been made before that it seems only one person is responsible for what happened despite you stating "realize its not just one persons decision". Everyone "gets it" just not everyone agrees to crucify someone before all the information has been reviewed.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Thats a bit harsh. Much better to strap him to a dock
with the barrels that float away? Nope, wait until the review is done.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

LTD wrote:ah yes so what youre saying is five feet of snow just fell overnight on may 1, got it nothing could be done

What I'm saying is in this topic you are way out of line, *removed*

The reasons why the guy who controls the outflows did what he did were well explained, and just because you don't happen to grasp or agree with them means little really.

Perhaps you should go and apply for the job since you are so convinced you could have done better.

It's easy for you to gripe after the fact given that hindsight is 20/20 but the poor guy tasked with managing the outflows simply doesn't possess a crystal ball as Glacier pointed out already.

If you want to be peeved at someone, you might want to consider mother nature.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 2nd, 2018, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Old Techie wrote:
LTD wrote:ah yes so what youre saying is five feet of snow just fell overnight on may 1, got it nothing could be done

What I'm saying is in this topic you are way out of line, and arrogance isn't going to help your ill thought out position.

The reasons why the guy who controls the outflows did what he did were well explained, and just because you don't happen to grasp or agree with them means little really.

Perhaps you should go and apply for the job since you are so convinced you could have done better.

It's easy for you to gripe after the fact given that hindsight is 20/20 but the poor guy tasked with managing the outflows simply doesn't possess a crystal ball as Glacier pointed out already.

If you want to be peeved at someone, you might want to consider mother nature.

first don't ever tell me I'm out of line for voicing my opinion on a public forum,*removed* all the information on snowpack levels was all available if someone actually went and looked but hey its only a little 150 million dollar screw up oh well. its not the first time we have had a lot of snow in spring and warm weather when you combine that with leaving the lake at full pool guess what happens no crystal ball needed try and wrap your head around it I know its not easy for you because theres some common sense required. I would gladly do that job I'm sure they get paid well hopefully theres an opening or two soon.
Last edited by ferri on Jan 2nd, 2018, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

:fence: :popcorn:
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:...its not the first time we have had a lot of snow in spring and warm weather when you combine that with leaving the lake at full pool guess what happens no crystal ball needed...
had to work around the "pot meet kettle" comments but has the lake never been at full pool in May?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

no but it was way to full last year that's how my buddy new what was coming and the excuses published for not lowering the lake level don't jive with releasing water every other year for the past 60 years but hey its only 150 million blame mother nature
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

LTD wrote:releasing water every other year for the past 60 years
Do you have the actual information on that? I too knew about the lake and prepared but why was the lake at full pool so early and when is the water released every year? Seems to me it not only has something to do with the fish but conditions south as well.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

lake level is lowered slowly all summer and winter to account for snow melt in spring this time they felt they were smarter than mother nature and payed the price been the way since they started controlling lake level
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

the level was higher on my buddies dock last spring than it usually is at the end of summer that's a screw up any way I look at it

Return to “Flood Watch 2018”