Public bathrooms

Zoso
Übergod

Re: Public bathrooms

Post by Zoso »

Theres a good chance the only bidder was the highballer . It happens. Obviously when things slow down the same job would be 30% less
Strong and free
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

The more I read about things that Charlie Hodge does and says , the more I think he should run for mayor
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Just posting to bring this ^^^ post ^^^ up top.
Everyone I know would support you, Charlie.
Imo he's the only trusted level head in there.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

common_sense_guy wrote:The more I read about things that Charlie Hodge does and says , the more I think he should run for mayor

You really want a mayor that has strong opinions on things that they know nothing about (much like some Castanet posters)?

It’s still in my mind excessive,” says Hodge. “I just don’t get the dollars. I don’t understand it and I don’t pretend to.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/3960722/new- ... cal-house/

No thanks
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Rider59 wrote:
common_sense_guy wrote:The more I read about things that Charlie Hodge does and says , the more I think he should run for mayor

You really want a mayor that has strong opinions on things that they know nothing about (much like some Castanet posters)?

It’s still in my mind excessive,” says Hodge. “I just don’t get the dollars. I don’t understand it and I don’t pretend to.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/3960722/new- ... cal-house/

No thanks

An empty cup on an empty table in an empty city hall. Do a better job than current mayor. Charlie is the only one on council working for the people. The rest are progressives bent on destroying Kelowna
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Jflem1983 wrote:An empty cup on an empty table in an empty city hall. Do a better job than current mayor. Charlie is the only one on council working for the people. The rest are progressives bent on destroying Kelowna

I can't and won't disagree but Ol' Charlie is not the answer if he can't be bothered to fully understand issues.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

At least he has the integrity to admit what he doesn't understand.
The rest of the fools are just star struck and wide eyed .

I'll take Hodges integrity over all the rest of them any day.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Rider59 wrote:he can't be bothered to fully understand issues.

Oh you mean like the majority of posters? :biggrin:
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Rider59 wrote:Developers have footed the bill for off site improvements required to develop the site to standards set out by the approving authorities for as long as I can remember AND pay DCCs for their portion of existing infrastructure.
Sometimes it's an advantage for the city to take cash in lieu of these works and put it in a bigger pot for large capital projects.
Facts vs emotional opinion?

With all the new developments around Gyro Park one might wonder why the COK didn't insist the developers of these projects pay for the new washrooms their customers will see out their front windows every morning.
Weren't the neighbors down the road at Cedar Ave told if they wanted any improvements on the city owned property destined to be a park that the neighbors themselves would have to pay for everything, including washrooms?
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Bman wrote:At least he has the integrity to admit what he doesn't understand. But that doesn't stop him from making himself look foolish by commenting anyways. Better to keep ones mouth shut and thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
The rest of the fools are just star struck and wide eyed .

I'll take Hodges integrity over all the rest of them any day. I guess that's the difference between you and me, I don't want any fool in a public chair.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

cv23 wrote:With all the new developments around Gyro Park one might wonder why the COK didn't insist the developers of these projects pay for the new washrooms their customers will see out their front windows every morning. Pretty sure this wouldn't make the approved DCC project list. The LGA is pretty specific on what the criteria is for DCC projects.

Weren't the neighbors down the road at Cedar Ave told if they wanted any improvements on the city owned property destined to be a park that the neighbors themselves would have to pay for everything, including washrooms? Because it wasn't tied to any development. Even so, see my comment above.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

For anyone interested in learning facts over opinions...

What is a DCC?

Development Cost Charges (DCC) are monies collected from land developers by a municipality to offset some of the infrastructure expenditures incurred in servicing new developments and maintaining existing infrastructure.

The monies collected are used to finance capital projects related to new roads, drainage, sewers, water mains and aquiring parks. Development Cost Charges are imposed by Bylaw pursuant to the Local Government Act. Anytime a proposed development increases density, a DCC is estimated and charged. This includes creating new square footage on a commercial or industrial project, adding new dwellings, or creating new subdivided lots.

https://www.kelowna.ca/our-community

and

Development cost charges (DCC's) are monies that municipalities and regional districts collect from land developers to offset that portion of the costs related to these services that are incurred as a direct result of this new development. The demand created does not always relate to works that are located adjacent to the property being developed. For example, new development may require a local government to increase the size of its water storage reservoir. Developers pay DCCs instead of the existing taxpayers who are not creating the demand and are not benefiting from the new infrastructure.

http://www.cscd.gov.bc.ca/lgd/finance/d ... harges.htm
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Rider59 wrote:
cv23 wrote:With all the new developments around Gyro Park one might wonder why the COK didn't insist the developers of these projects pay for the new washrooms their customers will see out their front windows every morning. Pretty sure this wouldn't make the approved DCC project list. The LGA is pretty specific on what the criteria is for DCC projects.

Weren't the neighbors down the road at Cedar Ave told if they wanted any improvements on the city owned property destined to be a park that the neighbors themselves would have to pay for everything, including washrooms? Because it wasn't tied to any development. Even so, see my comment above.

Who said anything about DCC's and why wouldn't City Hall put such a project on the approved list if the community needs it bad enough to spend $675k of our dollars rather than out of town developer dollars on it when they have the opportunity to do so?
Why wouldn't/shouldn't a developer seeking variances, soley to increase their profits, make "donations" such as public facilities to the community as a show of goodwill and community interest and involvement? Because they are only here to suck as many $$$ out of our community as they possibly can for themselves to take back with them to where they come from, that's why.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Is there anyone else here that has experience in development or development approvals? Uniformed emotional opinions carry no weight in the process.
cv23
Guru

Post by cv23 »

Rider59 wrote:Is there anyone else here that has experience in development or development approvals? Uniformed emotional opinions carry no weight in the process.

Actually developed a cpl properties right here in Kelowna as a local resident/citizen. I've also been involved in the construction industry locally and province wide for some 30+ years.
As an out of towner and obviously unfamiliar with how Kelowna City Hall works do you expect any difficulties with the process as you proceed with whatever development you may have planned?

Return to “Central Okanagan”