Public bathrooms

just popping in
Lord of the Board

Re: Public bathrooms

Post by just popping in »

I am disgruntled by the fact they TOOK the funds for the much needed Queensway Transit Security Pavilion (which also included washrooms). Why couldn't they have juggled the funds to build the Security Pavilion? I guess City Hall feels peeing in the Mission is more important than downtown Security.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Seems very high. My 4000 sq ft house was only $500,000 to build including a lot of extra excavation for sewer driveway etc.
Do contractors tend to gouge cities more than general population?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

jasond_71 wrote:Seems very high. My 4000 sq ft house was only $500,000 to build including a lot of extra excavation for sewer driveway etc.
Do contractors tend to gouge cities more than general population?

Short answer yes.

There can be a lot of headaches doing work for municipalities. I know it can take longer to get paid for the work.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

TreeGuy wrote:Maybe the year round opening is to cater to this crowd;

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/21300/Kelowna-s-Dirty-Secret

shot at homeless people - check

shot at gays - check

any more minorities we can ridicule for absolutely no reason in relation to the cost and hour-per-day use of a bathroom?
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:shot at homeless people - check

shot at gays - check

any more minorities we can ridicule for absolutely no reason in relation to the cost and hour-per-day use of a bathroom?

It’s not about taking a shot at anyone. It’s about pointing out that the bathrooms are being used for purposes other than intended.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

This is not the first rather expensive washrooms placed in the area.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
PocoGirl

Post by PocoGirl »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:

shot at homeless people - check

shot at gays - check

Shot at homless people - Uncheck. Where does it refer to the homeless in this thread?

Shot at gays - Uncheck. That story is not about gays. Please re-read.

Ps You’re bang on TreeGuy
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

TreeGuy wrote:It’s not about taking a shot at anyone. It’s about pointing out that the bathrooms are being used for purposes other than intended.

Which happens with all public washrooms regardless of price but a majority of topics on this board gravitate to ridiculing minorities. It's quite a strange trend.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Can't believe some on hear are good with the city spending what WILL exceed the quoted price for a sh%#er BUT turn around and call people who want to have proper snow removal a bunch of whiners and worry about taxes going up because of it.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Is there gonna be a full time attendant at these locations Lol - Care for a Mint Sir??

Seriously, i'm embarrassed for the person who felt comfortable to put those numbers on paper. :200:

No shame
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

jimmy4321 wrote:Is there gonna be a full time attendant at these locations Lol - Care for a Mint Sir??

Seriously, i'm embarrassed for the person who felt comfortable to put those numbers on paper. :200:

No shame

At 400k to build a simple house. Im not surprised. Costs are out of control.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Many of the ppl who live in K Town want to have the tourists so have to touristy the place up. What is at Gyro now a disgrace. Seems whenever the City undertakes a project the cost skyrocket. I am guessing it is going to be steel and concrete not wood. As for the outdoor showers yea they will work great in the Winter.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

jimmy4321 wrote:Is there gonna be a full time attendant at these locations Lol - Care for a Mint Sir??

No shame

Didn't they manage to fritter away over $800K on the washrooms in City Park?

This is CoK's version of a bargain. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

It's all their land, we are only talking structure.
Seems way steep for a park style bathroom/change/shower unless there's some pricey art attached to it.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

Just curious. Has any one seen the quotations and/or specifications and what it all entails (i.e civil works required, site servicing, site prep, remediation of the site, environmental concerns, vandal proof materials proposed, etc) ?

Didn't think so.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two

Return to “Central Okanagan”