Public bathrooms

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Public bathrooms

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#215498

$675K?

What in gods name? And I hope they improve upon the one at HotSands Beach.

First of all, for those who don't know, the bathrooms at Boyce-Gyro have been a disgraceful source of embarrassment for a very long time.

Kelowna, for all its tourist attracting, hasn't been up to snuff on the beaches it's supposedly proud of. Disgusting, old, and out of date since 1979.

Even the public bathrooms at Sun-Oka are well renovated. But here? Anyone gone to the one at Sarsons Beach? Rotary? Well, they all need renovated. But $675 for ONE? What gives there and who gets that contract? It is out of this World expensive.

The odd part is that it is going to be year round. YEAR ROUND Open is needed downtown, not a Boyce-Gyro. Because guess what is going to happen in Lower Mission once word gets round that the bathrooms are year 'round.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: Public bathrooms

Post by Jflem1983 »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-215498-1-.htm#215498

$675K?

First of all, for those who don't know, the bathrooms at Boyce-Gyro have been a disgraceful source of embarrassment for a very long time.

Kelowna, for all its tourist attracting, hasn't been up to snuff on the beaches it's supposedly proud of. Disgusting, old, and out of date since 1979.

Even the public bathrooms at Sun-Oka are well renovated. But here? Anyone gone to the one at Sarsons Beach? Rotary? Well, they all need renovated. But $675 for ONE? What gives there and who gets that contract? It is out of this World expensive.

The odd part is that it is going to be year round. YEAR ROUND Open is needed downtown, not a Boyce-Gyro. Because guess what is going to happen in Lower Mission once word gets round that the bathrooms are year 'round.

Hopefully they put a naloxone dispenser in there. I like a nice warm spot to shoot up.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Lol. An almost 3/4 million dollar bathroom on property they already have.
Only govt can do that.
It'll be warmly welcomed by the crack and meth heads.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Maybe the year round opening is to cater to this crowd;

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/21300/Kelowna-s-Dirty-Secret
thekid3_16

Post by thekid3_16 »

Come on, really? Are we doing this again? I guess some would be proud spending $150 on a porta potty from Walmart at our Premier Beach. I would like to think we can be a little bit better than that. Have some pride in our city, learn a bit about an issue, and then comment accurately on it. Let's all try to be a bit better in the new year.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

I wonder if they will still keep the toilet tissue locked on the holder? Needs new instead of trying to reno.. disagree about keeping it out year round.
Don't think the cost out of line tho. Showers, locked storage. Of course it will be a dealers mecca but
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

It just seems (on the surface at least) that such a large amount of money is needed to build a bathroom.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
TreeGuy
Lord of the Board

Post by TreeGuy »

Bsuds wrote:It just seems (on the surface at least) that such a large amount of money is needed to build a bathroom.

My 22’ x 30’ garage cost just over 40k. I realize that my garage is just a big empty box but another 630k to add fixtures?
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

It doesn't seem too high once you factor in the cost of demolishing the old washroom and restoring the land under it and the cost of infrastructure to relocate the new washroom to a central location.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

TreeGuy wrote:Maybe the year round opening is to cater to this crowd;

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/21300/Kelowna-s-Dirty-Secret

junkies have to earn money somehow to buy there drugs
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Bman wrote:Lol. An almost 3/4 million dollar bathroom on property they already have.
Only govt can do that.
It'll be warmly welcomed by the crack and meth heads.

and that's the truth
plus we know somehow,they will go over budget on this simple project
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
southy
Lord of the Board

Post by southy »

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-215498-1-.htm#215498

$675K?

Not sure what the problem is .. Have you ever had to pee in penticton? At least you have washrooms. Oh wait .. Penticton did build a washroom downtown, unfortunately it's closed for the season :cuss: and I had to pee so bad. My favorite pants ruined!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Anonymous123 wrote:It doesn't seem too high once you factor in the cost of demolishing the old washroom and restoring the land under it and the cost of infrastructure to relocate the new washroom to a central location.

Yes it does.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
PocoGirl

Post by PocoGirl »

1. That’s a ridiculous amount of money
2. No doubt it will be a dealer, junkie, etc hangout
3. The taxpayers who are funding it get the raw end of the deal because of point 1 & 2
4. Exterior showers & lockers, open year round... Sounds like a shelter without the beds or the rules...

If you build it, they will come...
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and they will

Return to “Central Okanagan”